Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska MP | Virgin Elevate Status Integration - HELP!

Alaska MP | Virgin Elevate Status Integration - HELP!

Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by DanvilleFlyer
Just joined this forum to participate in this thread.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.
DanvilleFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75k, Virgin America Gold
Well, the Virgin America counter was still open at SFO today, ​so he checked in there and was able to use his Virgin America number to get on the upgrade list. He only flies Virgin America flights, so maybe using the 'retired' Virgin America number will work to hold him over while Alaska is sorting things out. I'm not sure how they'd handle a flight change though. I guess we'll find out if it comes up!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, WoH Explorist, AS MVP, UA*S
Just logged into my AS Mileage Plan account this evening, and noticed my status is now MVP Gold. (I've been anxiously waiting since Jan 1st.)

I had qualified for VX Elevate Gold with 32 flight segments in 2017 and my previously-matched AS MP MVP Gold status expired last 12/31/2017. Phew!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75k, Virgin America Gold
I just checked, and his has been updated to MVP Gold 75K too. Guest upgrades, lounge passes, etc. are there now, whereas before those pages were blank. Awesome! Right in time for his flight back on Wednesday, and the next batch of tickets we need to book but I was holding off on to make sure there wouldn't be unexpected issues with change fees, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Given the above posts of status updates, I checked my account: still no love. I called AS, and they indicated to me that status based on flights credit to Virgin Elevate should be reflected by the 12th (i.e., this Friday). It wasn't entirely clear to me whether the agent understood I was asking about status based upon the combined mileage in both programs (i.e,. my situation) as opposed to status earned exclusively on the VX side of the house (which I believe was the situation for the prior two posters), but I figured we'll just wait until Friday to see...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
FWIW checked today and have been updated to MVPGOLD. I'm thankful it got done this early as I have some flying this month, and wanted to do it on Alaska and VX.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
I checked today - I do show MVP gold now - but just waiting for the status to get re-updated to a reservation I made last month (for some reason it wants to charge me for cancellation and dont see the expanded seat selection options yet....despite what people told me...the status does get stripped away after booking if you status dissappears).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by isaac.chambers
I checked today - I do show MVP gold now - but just waiting for the status to get re-updated to a reservation I made last month (for some reason it wants to charge me for cancellation and dont see the expanded seat selection options yet....despite what people told me...the status does get stripped away after booking if you status dissappears).
I have no direct experience, but from what I’ve read on various threads it seems that you need to call in and have the phone agent remove your account number from any booked reservations ... when they re-attach it, your updated status will populate into the PNR
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
There is also generally a delay with SABRE being updated once miles post and status shows on AS' system. It should be updated by Saturday night, if not sooner.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
So I received an email from Alaska confirming my gold status today. I also manage the MVP accounts for my family and my daughter received complimentary MVP status for the year (she was very close between VX and MP points and miles). Nice gesture on Alaska's part - and no doubt part of their marketing to retain VX and California flyers. It was appreciated by us.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by isaac.chambers
The frustration is that i got a confirmation in December 2017 from Alaska FB team that my MVP gold was good through 12/31/2018.....so why the downgrade? They even saw i requalified for VX gold at that time. I already had MVP gold reflected on my AS account so if they said it was good until 12/2018 - why the downgrade?
Was the rule that if you were Elevate Gold in 2017 that you'd automatically be MVP Gold in 2018? Or did I have to effectively qualify for Elevate Gold from 2017 activity for it to roll over into MVP Gold in 2018? I would have only qualified for Silver and I got downgraded to MVP from MVP gold for 2018.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
So I received an email from Alaska confirming my gold status today. I also manage the MVP accounts for my family and my daughter received complimentary MVP status for the year (she was very close between VX and MP points and miles). Nice gesture on Alaska's part - and no doubt part of their marketing to retain VX and California flyers. It was appreciated by us.
I received an email today as well even though I didn't qualify for VX Silver or AS MVP in 2017. I now have MVP until 12/31/18. I'm based in California.

Email Subject: Congratulations! You've been given complimentary MVP status.

Campaign ID in URL: EML-_LIFE_WelToTier_03MVPNom_Prod_20180110:A1_Primary_ MVP_CTA
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
I received an email today as well even though I didn't qualify for VX Silver or AS MVP in 2017. I now have MVP until 12/31/18. I'm based in California.

Email Subject: Congratulations! You've been given complimentary MVP status.

Campaign ID in URL: EML-_LIFE_WelToTier_03MVPNom_Prod_20180110:A1_Primary_ MVP_CTA
Same thing happened last year as well. Alaska is really trying to retain the VX and/or California based flyer.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat., AS MVP Gold, UA Silver Med, Marriott/Starwood Plat, Hilton Gold
My issue is that I was Elevate Silver and was matched to MVP Gold in 2017. I re-qualified for Silver for 2018 with 36K+ miles on VX steal. When the conversion happened I was downgraded to MVP. I have asked multiple times (4X) for an explanation as to why I was Gold in 2017 by now I am not. No one at AS will answer the question as to why I was Gold in 2017. The answers range from you must have been Elevate Gold (which I wasn't) to I needed 4K more miles last year to be MVP Gold. Had I known the conversion was going to change in 2018, I could have easily flown a couple extra 4K miles.

Today I received a generic email saying if I fly 10K miles on AS, I can be MVP Gold for the rest of 2018. Is there a better mileage challenge than that? I am really not interested in flying AS at all anymore at this point. with the run around I have had.

Did anyone else experience a different status conversion before and after the termination of Elevate?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by caupo
My issue is that I was Elevate Silver and was matched to MVP Gold in 2017. I re-qualified for Silver for 2018 with 36K+ miles on VX steal. When the conversion happened I was downgraded to MVP. I have asked multiple times (4X) for an explanation as to why I was Gold in 2017 by now I am not. No one at AS will answer the question as to why I was Gold in 2017. The answers range from you must have been Elevate Gold (which I wasn't) to I needed 4K more miles last year to be MVP Gold. Had I known the conversion was going to change in 2018, I could have easily flown a couple extra 4K miles.

Today I received a generic email saying if I fly 10K miles on AS, I can be MVP Gold for the rest of 2018. Is there a better mileage challenge than that? I am really not interested in flying AS at all anymore at this point. with the run around I have had.

Did anyone else experience a different status conversion before and after the termination of Elevate?
Welcome to Flyertalk @caupo and the Alaska Airlines forum.

Sounds like you may have had a "bank error in your favor" last year when you were granted MVPG status. I would not have counted on this happening again. The 10K MR is quite the offer IMO...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.