Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Thank You Gift?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
I got a rock.

Seriously, four when I turned gold, four more at 75k, all expiring YE18.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Why would I be elated? We got none.
Really, I thought for sure you’d have gotten them and would be relieved that We got something ... fingers crossed its coming in waves and that you’ll get some
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Flew 116,157 miles on AS this year, plus the SEA GEG flight on 12/29 that has not posted yet, no extra GGUs for me, just the original 8 all expiring in 2018
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

Really, I thought for sure you’d have gotten them and would be relieved that We got something ... fingers crossed its coming in waves and that you’ll get some
It doesn't sound like any Golds (which we are) got anything. Just the 75k's, which we are not.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
It doesn't sound like any Golds (which we are) got anything. Just the 75k's, which we are not.
Not true. Many75K's did not get the extras, as reported here many times. I did not feel the love from AS.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
How about everyone waits a couple more days before crying "woe is me, AS doesn't care about me now"? I know, it's very un-FlyerTalk-like, but we've already had one person report that extra GGUs that weren't there yesterday showed up today. People did this exact same thing when the thanks-for-having-a-VX-account-too miles arrived in our accounts in phases a while back.
thegingninj likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
Not true. Many75K's did not get the extras, as reported here many times. I did not feel the love from AS.
What I meant was that I don't believe ANY Golds received anything, whereas many 75ks did.

See, that's my problem, and they have to know there are boards like these where information is exchanged...why such inconsistency? Is not one person's time/money as good as the next? How do you know what to do next year to be on the "good list"? Is it how much you spent on flights? It doesn't seem to be how many miles you flew, or all the 75ks would have gotten the same thing.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I meant was that I don't believe ANY Golds received anything, whereas many 75ks did.

See, that's my problem, and they have to know there are boards like these where information is exchanged...why such inconsistency? Is not one person's time/money as good as the next? How do you know what to do next year to be on the "good list"? Is it how much you spent on flights? It doesn't seem to be how many miles you flew, or all the 75ks would have gotten the same thing.
Well, I am a 2017 75k that fell to Gold for 2018 and I got 4 extra GGU’s that expire 12/31/2019. Can you explain that?
thegingninj likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:59 pm

I'm pretty sure AAG is experimenting with unexpected, even random awards. The science of operant conditioning shows loyalty programs can be more effective utilizing random rewards than only predictable ones.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
nope.

zilch here.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by flytoeat
I'm pretty sure AAG is experimenting with unexpected, even random awards. The science of operant conditioning shows loyalty programs can be more effective utilizing random rewards than only predictable ones.
Maybe AS hired UA's Surprise & Delight honcho.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I am 75K, and might have gotten 8 GGU certs this year, all expiring in 2018. None that expires in 2019.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:22 am

Only see the usual 4 in my account (expire 12/31/2018), but didn't re-qualify as MVPG until late in December.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:28 am

75k -- 10 expire in 2018
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Gold; Have 4 GGUs. All expire in 2019

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.