Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Baze
Welcome to the Alaska Airlines Flame-Free Q&A Thread for 2018!

Anyone is welcome to ask anything, even the most basic questions, in this thread without having to fear a snarky response. In this thread, there's no such thing as a dumb question--we were all new to Alaska Airlines, FlyerTalk, and even the whole idea of mileage programs once and needed some help navigating the ropes. We're here to help you do just that!

That said, if you want to do a little reading to see if your question has been previously discussed, links to some of the most common and extensive topics in this forum are listed in our FAQ thread -- click here to check it out.

Special care will be given in this thread to trying to provide answers in a clear manner with minimal use of acronyms and jargon.

If you need to contact someone for help, here's a current list of our forum's team:

Ambassadors (Our Greeters--members who have specifically volunteered to welcome and mentor newbies and monitor this thread):
ANC RED-EYE
baliktad
beckoa
golfingboy

Moderators (Our Janitors--members who have volunteered to do housekeeping/keep the forum in order)
ryandc99
jackal

You are welcome to send a private message to any of these individuals for assistance, but you'll generally get a faster response and broader palette of answers if you simply post your inquiry here in this thread.

Note to FlyerTalk members who enjoy the ability to take advantage of loopholes--if someone posts something that exposes information you'd rather not be public, please remember this is a Flame-Free thread, and harsh or snarky posts are not permitted. Although FlyerTalk itself does not censor posts that share information, members are free to edit their own posts to remove information. If you wish to request any poster to remove information they have shared publicly, please do so politely and respectfully.

Welcome, and we look forward to providing any assistance we can!

~the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan forum team~

For the 2016 version of this thread, please click here
For the 2017 version of this thread, please click here
Print Wikipost

2018 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Bit of a seismic evening in ANC...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Bit of a seismic evening in ANC...
Hopefully not a Rockn' New Year. Be safe!

James
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
How long does the status change take at the turn of the year, is it reflected as of 1/1 or does it take a little longer for the system to sync and show your status for 2019?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by safari ari
How long does the status change take at the turn of the year, is it reflected as of 1/1 or does it take a little longer for the system to sync and show your status for 2019?
With the mileage plan maintenance overnight, I wouldn't be surprised if its wiped out by morning.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Hainan BPs at SEA?

We just flew down from BLI and fly onward on HU on awards tickets.

We have to pick up BPs from HU in person. Anybody know if we can pick them up at the gate, rather than leaving security and going to their check-in counter? HU isn’t a TSA Pre participant and we’d prefer to avoid that nuisance.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Fredd
We just flew down from BLI and fly onward on HU on awards tickets.

We have to pick up BPs from HU in person. Anybody know if we can pick them up at the gate, rather than leaving security and going to their check-in counter? HU isn’t a TSA Pre participant and we’d prefer to avoid that nuisance.
I’ve picked up my HU boarding passes from the gate in SEA before without any problems. That’s also when they handed me my lounge passes for SEA (was flying business class)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the mileage plan maintenance overnight, I wouldn't be surprised if its wiped out by morning.
I was hoping that they would force-post all the flights fron the last few days and update status but no luck. My flight from Dex 30 got me to Gold but it hasn't posted yet.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by osubeavers01

I’ve picked up my HU boarding passes from the gate in SEA before without any problems. That’s also when they handed me my lounge passes for SEA (was flying business class)
Thanks!^ That was our impression so we’ll wait for them to open.

update FWIW: They opened about 9:45AM at S1. Luckily we were third in the queue as it took them over 10 minutes to process us. They were concerned to document our BKK departure (an Intra-Asian award on JAL) and the young agent finally took a photo of our TripIt itinerary with her own cellphone.

They are unable to issue our HU ongoing PEK-BKK BPs so we’ll go through this again at PEK.

So far we’re the only ones in the BA Lounge.

Last edited by Fredd; Jan 1, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS
This is why I took screen shots of account data...not too optimistic with AS IT
This morning checked account...all OK.
it is always a shock to see the "0" listed as miles to status at the beginning of the year.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Yup, my account shows the correct status today, but all my credentials (BPs, passes etc) still show as last years, so probably hasn’t synced yet across.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL
I nominated someone to MVP as a 75K in December -- do I get to nominate another person this year? I status-matched to 75K a few months ago and have status until the end of 2019, so not sure what the rules are here.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
I nominated someone to MVP as a 75K in December -- do I get to nominate another person this year? I status-matched to 75K a few months ago and have status until the end of 2019, so not sure what the rules are here.
No, you can nominate only one person each qualifying year. You qualified in 2018 for status thtough the end of 2019. If you requalify again in 2019 for status through the end of 2020 you will be able to nominate another/same person.

James
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A new year, a new thread. Please post in the 2019 thread.
williwaw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.