Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Kurt
Not to worry - it was SEA-DEN. I did BWI-SAN-SEA-DEN that day.

Folks sure are quick to comment when they think it is something bad or disappointing!
HA! You're right, of course. If you've noticed, there hasn't been a lot of positive news coming from AS in this forum lately.

That sandwich does look tasty, though. Well deserved after a rather circuitous routing to get home.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
A jar of Pringles from the back would go well with that sandwich!

(I’d choose another brand of chips if I had my druthers, but you have to work with what you’ve got)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have to say that while I have many qualms about Alaska these days, food is not one of them. I had a really good breakfast on EWR-SEA recently (6am flight with the same frittata as referenced above) and also a good breakfast on PHX-SEA (the same breakfast sandwich as shown above). I think the food quality is vastly better than it used to be, and usually the right size for the length of flight.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

As I'd already had breakfast, the protein plate sounded better and worked pretty well with wine instead of coffee. The other choice was a breakfast sandwich. Turkey, Beecher's flagship cheese, apples, hard-boiled eggs, cranberries, orange and pita triangles were on the tray, along with plain Greek yogurt. Food quality was good.
Glad to see they subbed plain yogurt for the pumpkin.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
AS 315
SFO-SEA 11/27/18
16:00 DEP

Meal: Choice between (Hot) Turkey Sandwich or Protein Plate with beet(?!?) hummus. No menus. For flight time of 1.5 hours sandwich was pretty decent. Still don't understand why people put things in hummus and call it hummus when it has no resemblance to the actual dish, its either hummus with some garnish or some totally different dip... but I digress. No nuts served on this flight, drinks after take off, chocolate to finish before landing.

Last edited by safari ari; Nov 29, 2018 at 12:48 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
AS815
KOA-SAN 11/27/18
11:17am Departure
Meal : All of the food was delicious. The Polenta was cooked perfected which was shocking. The Pasta was the slight undercooked that AS seems to prefer. Overall we both were quite impressed. The Ice-cream was macadamia nut and absolutely amazing. I think this likely was the best meal I have had all year.

Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS
AS674 SEA-DEN
Nov. 17, 2018
1:45 p.m. - 5:25 p.m.
737-900 - Seat 3D

Same roast beef sandwich as I enjoyed on this flight a month earlier, but it's a nice choice. Quite filling. Roast beef slices on a ciabatta roll, provolone cheese, onions, tomatoes, pickles and spinach leaves. A Seattle Chocolate dark chocolate nugget was dessert and served a bit later.
this was exactly what was served today.
SEA/LAX #1784 . 10:15am. 3 hour flight. lunch
sandwich was very good. Warm nuts first with drink order. Seattle chocolate after clearing of trays.
very good FA, Diana. Great flight and service. (Seat and IFE worked just fine)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:59 pm

Same roast beef sandwich as I enjoyed on this flight a month earlier, but it's a nice choice. Quite filling. Roast beef slices on a ciabatta roll, provolone cheese, onions, tomatoes, pickles and spinach leaves. A Seattle Chocolate dark chocolate nugget was dessert and served a bit later.
AS 618
SEA-DEN
11/28/18 19:55

Same as above. Interesting my SFO-SEA got a hot sandwich versus a roast beef on both a lunch and dinner flight. Nuts were served in a little ceramic ramekin #ramekingate2018

Last edited by safari ari; Nov 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rune87
AS815
KOA-SAN 11/27/18
11:17am Departure
Meal : All of the food was delicious. The Polenta was cooked perfected which was shocking. The Pasta was the slight undercooked that AS seems to prefer. Overall we both were quite impressed. The Ice-cream was macadamia nut and absolutely amazing. I think this likely was the best meal I have had all year.

The meals seems to be on the small side
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Dinner served on mid-con ERJ 175 flight from MCI to SFO. Possibly the best polenta I have eaten in my life. The chicken was also flavorful, and the brussels sprouts were, well, brussels sprouts.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The meals seems to be on the small side
It does look small and I think it's due to the fact that it's been served on the rectangular plate that they serve the sandwiches on, instead of the square (like in the chicken/brussels sprout dish) plate that is normally used. You'll notice it's the same amount food (roughly) in each of those meals.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 572 PDX - SAN

Choice of protein plate or roast beef sandwich, but protein plates were all taken by row 1. This sandwich looked a little different from others I’ve seen posted here - no pickles or onions

Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by osubeavers01
AS 572 PDX - SAN

Choice of protein plate or roast beef sandwich, but protein plates were all taken by row 1. This sandwich looked a little different from others I’ve seen posted here - no pickles or onions

Different as it isn't sliced already, with what looks like different bread? Plus ramekin of mayo and a side salad.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

Date of Flight: November 18, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 175 MKE-SEA
Time of Departure: 6:50pm
Length of flight: 4 hours
Class of service: First
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Rosemary Chicken Breast. This meal has been written up here before. I post it now for two reasons - MKE-SEA meal service has not been described of late, and presentations vary from one meal to the next. So if you're throwing up your arms in dismay and screaming "NOooooo! Not Rosemary Chicken again!", chill, and look at the bright side. Now you know what's on offer on the MKE-SEA flights this month. Dessert was that lightly crispy, flaky, sweet thing that's been making the rounds over the past month. Not the brownie, the other thing. Nice presentation, moist chicken and good service from the FA. In all, a good meal on a good flight.
this was served on my RDU-SEA flight this past friday. However, dessert never made it out. I only realized this about an hour after tray was collected. Not sure if it was not loaded or if the FA simply forgot, I did not ask. FA barely walked down the aisle maybe once the last 2-3 hrs to check for drinks. Right before landing, FA walked down passing those small pieces of chocolate. Overall, FA was nice but not attentive as the typical AS FA i've been used to.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
11/28 PHX-PDX 730a departure: choice of the breakfast protein plate or "some sort of egg sandwich." Choices were gone after row one, so I donated my meal to the pilots and opted for the delicious Dasani water and a solid nap from wheels up to TOD.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Am I the only one who seems to feel that poor quality service is enabled when management doesn't take adequate steps to address it? Consistently good service starts with good hiring and continues with proper training with clearly outlined expectations (such as all meals will be served course by course on flights longer than 4 hours - unless the passenger requests an expedited service) and finally an effective means of ensuring compliance and the will to do so as required.
For what it's worth, all front line, customer facing employees are slated to go through "reprogramming" (my friend's word, not mine), that will address service standards, customer service expectations etc. No clue if those service standards indicate they should serve meals in courses on long flights, but it seems in my very limited experience recently that crews are a little friendlier and more attentive than before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.