Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I had the frittata meal (pic below) on DCA-LAX on Sunday and it was fine..

I had this same meal on SEA-LAX this morning, minus the salad and bread. I thought it was quite good. Other option was the protein plate.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LWkitty
I had this same meal on SEA-LAX this morning, minus the salad and bread. I thought it was quite good. Other option was the protein plate.
Was there fruit and/or pastry in place of the salad and bread? I think the frittata looks good as well as the bacon, but what are the orange cubes?? The only thing I can think of is that they are sweet potatoes instead of hash browns or regular fried potatoes....seems like an odd side for breakfast.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:08 pm

I was on a mainline SEA-MKE-SEA last month, and still no digi players. Which was particularly disappointing, since the aircraft also had no wifi, and therefore no streaming entertainment. It was a good thing I had books loaded in my Kindle app.
All mainline aircraft having streaming entertainment available, regardless of the availability of internet access
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was on a mainline SEA-MKE-SEA last month, and still no digi players. Which was particularly disappointing, since the aircraft also had no wifi, and therefore no streaming entertainment. It was a good thing I had books loaded in my Kindle app.
SEA-STL has them and is only 16 miles longer than SEA-MKE.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
ceramic ramekins on transcon and Hawaii flights I believe - the rest are the plastic ramekins.
From my experience, ceramic on mid-con too. An FA told me: "they are trying to class it up."
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
10/11/18 AS21 ORD-SEA 740p

Dinner choices were Honey Rosemary Chicken with Brussels sprouts and polenta (!) or Asiago Gnocchi. Both served with a salad and roll, as well as brown sugar crumble for dessert. I had the chicken and was pleased with the choice. As noted above, the dessert was very similar to baklava without honey.

Pre-orders were acknowledged and FA greeted the F cabin with the choices. She said that after pre-orders, only three gnocchis remained so if anyone in rows 3 or 4 had an allergy or strong preference, to speak up (a nice touch, in my view) Drinks served first, then nuts in plastic ramekins, then dinner in courses. Outstanding service by the FA all around.

OT, but great communication by the captain too. Introduced himself and the first officer, highlighted their experience, and explained and apologized for the ~1 hour delay. Seat belt sign went off at 12,000 feet, which I think is by a large margin the earliest on AS for me.

I’d also forgotten that AS has Woodford. That’s helped make for a good flight as well.

Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
...nuts in plastic ramekins...
#ramekingate2018
UAPremierExec and DrAlex like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Was there fruit and/or pastry in place of the salad and bread? I think the frittata looks good as well as the bacon, but what are the orange cubes?? The only thing I can think of is that they are sweet potatoes instead of hash browns or regular fried potatoes....seems like an odd side for breakfast.
No fruit or pastry, though we did get the yogurt smoothie as a starter. The orange cubes were, in fact, sweet potatoes, which I love.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS
SEA/ MSP. #36 . 10:10 am. Lunch. No Menus
Same as Carfield’s #863 /. Turkish Chicken with yogurt sauce, saffron rice with raisins and sweet potatoes .OR Salad with 2 beef slices.

Told 11 chicken and 5 salad with beef slices were catered. So, 11 hot and 5 cold. When food was served, tray had butter on white doily but no roll. Since we were in 1AC, asked FA if rolls were not loaded by catering. He said that he wanted to serve them separately . They were not warm so...I think he actually forgot until I mentioned it. He put them on another tray and just offered them to passengers. (Most had already finished lunch) A for effort and overall...
He did a great job throughout the flight.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:29 pm

DCA -- SEA, AS1
October 2018
Brown Butter Pear Crepes
Description: Thin crepes with a filling of fresh pears sauteed in butter, brown sugar, rum, and orange zest. Served with scrambled cage-free eggs and crisp Applewood Bacon.

The other food option was a Carmelized Onion Frittata
pcoll and bkojote like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS
Oh man, sign me up for this one. Wish i am flying early morning flights but, alas...just mid day through rest of the year.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
On board AS 1100 - today....VX branded placemats - airplane S+P shaker....tried the risotto....amazing actually. i didnt finish the brownie....it was too rich....

FYI - good job on the pilots for avoiding a ton of turbulence....
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Thank goodness the website now has step by step how to instructions for finding the elusive menu choices for first class. Yes! I found it with that help. Now with luck I shall be served a gruyere cheese omelet en route to LIH. Only a couple days to go. Honestly I am really happy with this option as a person who has medical gluten free dietary needs. I hate being that person but no choice. Celiac is real.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Date of Flight: October 07, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 110 ANC-SEA
Time of Departure: 1:25pm
Length of flight: 3:00
Class of service: First
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: No menus were provided and the FA was pretty vague as to our options. Chicken or some vegetarian dish that I don't recall.
Additional Comments: I believe this was the Persian Chicken. It was delicious with nicely roasted sweet potatoes and this superb rice, onion and raisin mixture. I look forward to my next encounter with it. Delicious!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Eating this meal in the blue/purple lights of VX planes is enough to make me never want to eat again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.