Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
9/13 SEA-PHX 810p departure: snack basket.

We’ve gone from cookies to the skewer thing to a dinner/snack to a snack basket on this flight. I don’t know what to make of that change. Part of me hates it and thinks it’s more cost cutting (like getting rid of the snack mix and animal cookies at the PDX lounge), the practical side of me says I never eat it anyway so who cares. I did take a fistful of biscoffs though just to stick it to Brad Tilden.

Good crew though. They actually worked.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, UA PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tusphotog
9/13 SEA-PHX 810p departure: snack basket.

We’ve gone from cookies to the skewer thing to a dinner/snack to a snack basket on this flight. I don’t know what to make of that change. Part of me hates it and thinks it’s more cost cutting (like getting rid of the snack mix and animal cookies at the PDX lounge), the practical side of me says I never eat it anyway so who cares. I did take a fistful of biscoffs though just to stick it to Brad Tilden.

Good crew though. They actually worked.
Had the same snack basket on 9/9 SFO-SEA 8p departure. Would have much preferred the hummus snack that was served on this flight before.

Although no PDB was served, the pmVX crew were very good at keeping my drink full once we were in the air!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SFO-HNL. They served the main course in the foil container instead of plating it. Haven't seen this since I last flew CM. Is this normal on AS? Only 3 pastas loaded in a 12F cabin; I had the beef, it was inedible.

This was an upgraded $400 RT fare so I'm not going to get too bent about the very poor meal.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Kacee
SFO-HNL. They served the main course in the foil container instead of plating it. Haven't seen this since I last flew CM. Is this normal on AS? Only 3 pastas loaded in a 12F cabin; I had the beef, it was inedible.

This was an upgraded $400 RT fare so I'm not going to get too bent about the very poor meal.
If I may ask (and yes, I'm serious), how much of the inedible beef did you eat before you stopped eating it?
Sounds like a weak meal service - I wonder if something happened to the plates (like they fell on the floor, or otherwise soiled). Nevertheless, if that occurred, I'd expect the crew to say something.

Or maybe there's a simpler explanation. The foil is actually a flexible sterling silver, so this was actually an upgraded touch which you clearly did not appreciate.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If I may ask (and yes, I'm serious), how much of the inedible beef did you eat before you stopped eating it?
One bite. I finished the ice cream though
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
SFO-HNL. They served the main course in the foil container instead of plating it. Haven't seen this since I last flew CM. Is this normal on AS? Only 3 pastas loaded in a 12F cabin; I had the beef, it was inedible...............
Sad.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Or maybe there's a simpler explanation. The foil is actually a flexible sterling silver, so this was actually an upgraded touch which you clearly did not appreciate.
Good one.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:54 am

One bite. I finished the ice cream though
Probably better than the filet mignon on Delta One. They cook the steak beyond well-done until it's dry like a cardboard. Then they serve it with water sauce. Yes, they literally pour water over the dry steak to make it look / feel less dry. It is horrible. I gave up on in-flight steak.

Delta One - dry filet mignon with water sauce

Last edited by Sung Sam; Sep 16, 2018 at 12:59 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Sung Sam
Probably better than the filet mignon on Delta One.
No it was about the same. As far as I'm concerned, there's no grade below "inedible."

But at least DL serves their crap on a plate
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
First class breakfast on this morning's 8am OAK-HNL:

Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS 75k
New dinner menu?

Upcoming EWR-PDX flight and I'm offered the choice of:

Braised Top Blade Beef - Tender braised beef sirloin accompanied by seared Yukon Gold potatoes, pearl onions, roasted baby carrots, and sauteed wild mushrooms. Served with a thyme and shallot demi-glace.

Asiago Gnocchi - Tender gnocchi stuffed with asiago cheese and sauteed crisp. Served with grilled kabocha pumpkin and radicchio, sauteed wild mushrooms, and a truffle butter sauce.

Has anyone had either of these and if so, how was it?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by flymonthly
Upcoming EWR-PDX flight and I'm offered the choice of:

Braised Top Blade Beef - Tender braised beef sirloin accompanied by seared Yukon Gold potatoes, pearl onions, roasted baby carrots, and sauteed wild mushrooms. Served with a thyme and shallot demi-glace.

Asiago Gnocchi - Tender gnocchi stuffed with asiago cheese and sauteed crisp. Served with grilled kabocha pumpkin and radicchio, sauteed wild mushrooms, and a truffle butter sauce.

Has anyone had either of these and if so, how was it?
Today was the second day they've flown so they're pretty new
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:07 am

AS 55 ANC-SCC September 2018

September 2018
Alaska Airlines flight 55
Anchorage to Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay

Continental Breakfast
Raspberry Smoothie
Fresh Fruit plate with chia pudding

I personally prefer a breakfast wrap or sandwich. This kind of breakfast seems like a mismatch with a first class cabin filled with all men with most of them heading to the field.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:09 am

AS 55 SCC-BRW September 2018

September 2018
Deadhorse Prudhoe Bay to Barrow

40 minutes flying time
Express beverage of OJ or water in economy

First class got a full beverage with biscoff cookies

Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:11 am

AS 55 BRW-FAI September 2018

September 2018
Barrow to Fairbanks

1 hour flying time
Snack in first class - fruit and cheese plate

Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:14 am

AS 136 ANC-SEA September 2018

September 2018
Alaska Airlines flight 136
Anchorage to Seattle/Tacoma
6pm departure time

Snack flight

Warmex mixed nuts

Choice of Soy Ginger Chicken Salad or Pesto pasta

PS. Very strange to only get a snack, while the Portland to Anchorage flight has a three course dinner. I guess Seattle miss the 1500 miles by 50 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.