Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Yeah, I was hoping for the frittata but being in the last row they were long gone.
The quinoa thing didn't sound or look all that great. I'm always ready to be surprised by something that doesn't initially sound appealing, but that's not as likely with a reheated airline meal. On the bright side, once advance ordering is fully rolled out, the problem of being stuck with whatever's left should mostly go away. Got to hope that the ones who are the most concerned about their flying food will be trying to order in advance whenever possible.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
4/19: Flt 406 PDX to SJC
PDB: Coffee/Water
"Meal": Small Greek Yogurt and plate of fruit. Was tasty but very small.

4/22: Flt 399 SJC to SEA
PDB: Water
Warm Nuts with Drink
Meal: Choice of Protein Plate or Flank Steak Salad. Chose the salad and it was tasty. Mint for desert.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:49 am

This weekend I had a tale of 2 protein plates...

April 20, AS 485 BUR-PDX. Options were flank steak salad or protein plate. I have to say, I actually enjoyed the protein plate, and it was reasonably filling. My husband had the steak salad and said it was terrible.

April 22, AS 456 PDX-BUR. Options were zaatar chicken or protein plate. I once again had the protein plate, but it was about half the size of the previous one and nowhere near as good. The outbound protein plate had 2 hard boiled egg halves, hummus, a carrot, oranges, a strawberry, grapes and Port Salut cheese, along with walnuts and pita wedges. The inbound had 1 hard boiled egg half, a carrot, fewer grapes than the outbound, walnuts, hummus and a much smaller wedge of Beecher's cheese. I'm not sure why the two plates were so different. Also, a small chocolate was given out on the outbound, but not the return.

Based on the inconsistency, I think I'm going to start bringing my own food, because I can't rely on what AS is offering. On both flights, it was announced that they only had 3 of each option, so hopefully people would choose evenly.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Date of Flight: 22 April 2018
FlightNumber and Route flown: AS 1710 SFO-DAL
Time of Departure: 06:00
Length of flight: 3:30
Class of service First
PDB: Your choice, coffee, juice, soda, alcohol.
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description To Start: Coffee & Tea, Strawberry Lime Smoothie Shot & Mexican Street Fruit Fresh watermelon, pineapple, cucumber and mango seasoned with chili-lime salt.
Meal Description Main Dish: Avocado Bacon Omelet or Brown Butter Pancakes
Omelet stuffed with chopped avocado, Applewood bacon, chives and Monterey jack cheese. Served with oregano roasted red potatoes, fresh homemade pico de gallo, and sour cream. Fluffy pancakes flavoured with lightly browned butter, orange zest, and vanilla. Served with orange chutney and a side of Greek yogurt.

Additional Comments: VX operated flight, loaded with AS menu. Shot and beverage served first. Main was served with fruit and cinnamon-raison bread. The always cute salt/pepper shaker plane included. I had the omelette.

Date of Flight: 22 April 2018
FlightNumber and Route flown: AS 1717 DAL-SFO
Time of Departure: 17:41
Length of flight: 3:45
Class of service First
PDB: Your choice - juice, soda, or alcohol.
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Lemongrass Chicken garnished with radish sprouts, Fried Rice w/Scrambled Egg & Mushrooms, Braised Bok Choy. Bread with a pat of butter, Salad with Arugula, sliced cucumber and sliced cherry tomatoes. Dressing Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil

Additional Comments: VX operated flight, not loaded with AS menu. Salt/pepper shaker plane. A really tasty and well seasoned entree, that I would order again. It was sad to see that the red butter dish is gone, but I knew that would be happening as meal service harmonisation took place.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
4/24/18
AS #577
LAX-PDX
11:55pm departure

Small humus plate with a few veggies and 3 pita bread circles. Later in the flight I was served a small chocolate bar (unexpected but appreciated especially since they no longer serve the warm cookies).

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big humus fan, but I ate it anyway and actually enjoyed it...I know, shocking coming from me
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:02 am

Does anyone know what to expect on an E175 from SEA-MSP with a 6:30am departure? The app currently says "No meal available" (I'm in F (P fare)). I'm not expecting to be blown away but it seems strange that the app would make such a declaration..
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
4/24/18
AS #577
LAX-PDX
11:55pm departure

Small humus plate with a few veggies and 3 pita bread circles. Later in the flight I was served a small chocolate bar (unexpected but appreciated especially since they no longer serve the warm cookies).

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big humus fan, but I ate it anyway and actually enjoyed it...I know, shocking coming from me
Yes, if you actually were served hummus, it might not have gone over so well.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Had the "mini" humus plate on last night's SEAJNU 8pm departure. Would have been nice to top off with the warm cookies.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
4/26, AS23 (ORD-SEA), 8am departure
Breakfast as described above, choices of mushroom frittata (actually a quiche) or the quinoa cakes, both served with warmed scone and fruit plate. No menus, so I assume that’s a Chicago catering thing. I haven’t yet been able to bring myself to try the quinoa cakes, but the person across the aisle finished his. Most pax had coffee cups, so it appears a coffee PDB was offered; I boarded last by choice.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Date of Flight: April 23, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 114 ANC-SEA
Time of Departure: 7:00 AM
Length of flight: 3:06
Class of service: First
Meal Description: Breakfast Protein Plate and smoothie shot (other option shroom filled fritatta)
Additional Comments: Was passable, but prefer a hot option without mushrooms
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Date of Flight: April 24, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 2778 SEA-MSP
Time of Departure: 6:50 AM
Length of flight: 2:57
Meal Description: Breakfast Protein Plate (other option shroom filled fritatta) (not pictured, smoothie shot)
Additional Comments: Same as ANC-SEA breakfast. But was slightly different plating. Also seemed to be missing some pieces of the puzzle.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by beckoa
Additional Comments: Same as ANC-SEA breakfast. But was slightly different plating. Also seemed to be missing some pieces of the puzzle

Mainline vs regional. Big jet = big portions.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:41 pm

Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3419 MSP-SFO
Time of Departure: 3:28 PM
Length of flight: 2:57
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Warm soba noodle salad with Cheesecake. Other option beef salad. Mixed nuts served later inflight. Chocolate at the end just before final pass for trash.
Additional Comments: Tasty, as always. Portion small. Cheesecake tasty. But I like it better when its not all plated at once.

Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:45 pm

Flight Number and Route flown: AS 601 LAX-ANC
Time of Departure: 11:55 PM
Length of flight: 5:24
Meal Description: Hummus snack with edamame hummus
Additional Comments: Getting tired of this snack, despite the change in hummus. There was a smoothie shot (banana)? [not pictured] just before touchdown. A nice touch.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Date of Flight: April 26, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 750 SEA-ATL
Time of Departure: 21:50
Length of flight: 4:10
Meal Description: ....You guessed it...Hummus!
Additional Comments: I'm over this Hummus addiction. 2 other people made a comment about it. Our FA knew its been overserved at this point, especially as its the only food. She agreed AS needs a light breakfast for these redeye trancons and skip this snack. She walked back about 1.5 hours into the flight and hijacked the Trail Mix and Fig Bars from premium econ for everyone. It was a real nice change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.