Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

As is often the case, I'm in the minority. I don't see much value in providing a menu for a single-tray service. It's fine for transcons and Hawaii. Kind of a waste, at least environmentally, on shorter flights. YMMV.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
As is often the case, I'm in the minority. I don't see much value in providing a menu for a single-tray service. It's fine for transcons and Hawaii. Kind of a waste, at least environmentally, on shorter flights. YMMV.
I agree. In these more environmentally conscious times, it does seem wasteful. On cost basis alone however, I suspect the bean counters will see the light and we'll see the last of these menus on shorter flights within the month.

That said - grab 'em now! They might fetch you a few bucks on eBay in a few years!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
In the name of science I actually ate something this week on an Alaska jet!

3/19 PHX-SFO 650p departure: choice of that green papaya salad with flank steak a protein plate with a slice of cheese, hummus, grapes, strawberries, walnuts and a carrot. I like the vegetarian option and I will likely eat it routinely. Will try the salad next time. FA came around with a tray of the chocolates and cookies during descent.

3/20 SFO-PDX 830a departure: small plate of yogurt and fruit skewer. For an hour of serving time, this was good and the food at Napa Farms in T2 is really good.

3/21 PDX-PHX 845p departure: hummus plate. Gone are the cookies which is good or bad, depending on how you looked at it. I don’t think many people eat on this flight. I didn’t, but the FA kept throwing chocolate my way. She was wonderful.

By the way, the food carts at PDX now close at 7p.

Overall a really good experience, minus the absolute disaster of a day at SFO, when they couldn’t find someone to tow our plane off the remote stand for more than two hours. Seems like they have the fifth best crews above and below the wing now in SFO.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
[...]letting myself indulge on whatever food I want is part of the "fun" of traveling (for me)....bring on the bacon and avocado omelette!
And then there’s me who eats reasonably healthy during my travels, because if I don’t, I won’t have the energy I need to keep up a pretty rigorous schedule. Heavy carbs for breakfast? That’s a recipie for me falling asleep in a meeting!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
ANC-OGG Menu (I was in back...)

Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver

SEA - MSY
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by osubeavers01

SEA - MSY

Fava Beans and a Nice Chianti

https://youtu.be/99Ptctl5_qQ
tusphotog likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Akck

I was on a 737 PDX-SEA flight and only water or orange juice were offered. I figure the main benefit was getting off the plane first. Oh, and not having to walk to the end of terminal A.
Originally Posted by dayone
Plus the snack basket.
I flew PDX-SEA yesterday in F on a 737 - there was no FA service during the flight at all. Just the pre-departure mini-bottle of water. The flight didn't have any unusual turbulence and operated basically on time (maybe 10 minutes late...).

30-minute flight, not something I'm going to lose any sleep over, but it seems odd how they just freestyle it and do whatever they want on any given segment.

My PDX-SEA flight had a series of mishaps resulting in a 3-hour delay, during which our aircraft stayed the same but they literally came and took away our catering. I did notice that AS proactively sent me a $100 credit towards a future flight, which is something that AA never does.

Last edited by pinniped; Mar 23, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
3/21 SAN-SJC 625a departure: small plate of yogurt and fruit skewer. BIG improvement over the previous stale scone

On the return flight that evening, there was NO service (other than mini water bottle), 1:05 flight. FA attributed it to turbulence, apologized over the PA, but the flight up seemed smoother than the morning flight up
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Ok just took two almost back to back R/T cross country one red eye to MCO we are about to be "Hummus" to death. Going to MCO red eye all they served was a super sized hummus tray coming back twice breakfast then hummus tray.

BOI to SEA you guessed it "Hummus"

Not sure about the smoothies but then I don't like strawberry
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:08 pm

AS 6 SEA-DCA March 2018

March 2018
Alaska Airlines First Class
AS 6 Los Angeles to Washington DC National

Lunch

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts
Libations

Roasted Beet & Feta Salad
Spring greens, sugar snap peas, roasted golden beets, shaved water chestnuts, and crumbled feta cheese.
Served with a ginger-sherry vinaigrette on the side

Main Dish
Your choice of:
Miso Marinated Cod
Alaskan cod marinated in white miso and rice wine. Served with sesame garlic farro pilaf, sautéed greens with bell peppers and shiitake mushrooms, and a sesame miso butter sauce.

Or
Black Bean Cilantro Ravioli
Fresh ravioli stuffed with creamy black beans and cilantro. Served with grilled scallions, sautéed summer squashes, asparagus, crumbled Cotija cheese, and a white wine citrus sauce. Accompanied by a side of fresh pico de gallo.

A Sweet Treat
Amarena Cherry Gelato (Nancy’s Fancy)
From James Beard Award Winning Chef Nacy Silverton:
Creamy gelato studded with sweet Italian cherries and crisp chewy Amoretti almond macaroons.

SPPLH FLD100E (03/2018)

PS. Not sure I was a big fan of the new service. Not sure why the nuts service was cut on my flight - my guess was that someone was allergic to nuts (but of course we had three pets in first class cabin)! Appetizer was served together with main course, which seemed sloppy and slowed down the service further. However the Cod was delicious.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: AS MVP

FAI-SEA 6am breakfast Swiss omelette with bacon or pancake
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: AS MVP

MSP-SFO E175 service
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Same choices today on SEA-MSY

The beef was very good. Wife said vegetarian dish was so-so. Catered with 8 of each. May have been some unhappy meat lovers.

Originally Posted by osubeavers01

SEA - MSY
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:14 am

Will food be served on a 7:30PM departure for ORD->SEA?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by johndoe123
Will food be served on a 7:30PM departure for ORD->SEA?
Dinner will be served on that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.