Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by scklumb
Date of Flight: March 6, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3422 MKE-SEA
Time of Departure: 4:40 p.m.
Length of flight: 3:50
Class of service: First
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Turkey or chicken sandwich with a bag of potato chips. The sandwich came in a paper bag with a cellophane window, like the pre-made sandwiches at a grocery store. No cookie, no brownie, no napkin, no tray. Just a sandwich in a bag and a bag of potato chips, where handed out. Never had so little on this route.
What a joke! This can't be normal, can it?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date of Flight: March 7, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 34 SEA-ORD
Time of Departure: 10:00am
Length of flight: ~3.5 hours
Meal served: Lunch
Meal Description: Salad with chicken breast, Asian dressing on the side. Roll and small oatmeal raisin cookie. Warmed nuts served 30-45 minutes after the meal. Would likely be judged a light lunch by most people’s standards. Paper napkin.

So only one option, and a cold one at that, for a 1700-mile midcon. Returning on DL so we’ll see their catering.

​​​​​​​
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The presentation is nice, but 5 pieces of fruit... What happened to the Mexican seasoning.
Hopefully thrown into the dustbin of history.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up

I agree
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
What does blank stand for?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I have an upcoming HNL to SEA redeye flight that leaves at 9:35 pm on F. Will I get served warm food? When I flew this route with a 1100 pm or later departure, I only got cheese and fruit plate and warm nuts. Will a 9:35 pm departure make a difference on food served in F? I thought I got served dinner before on pre-1000 pm departure but my memory was fuzzy....

Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by BW Flyer
I have an upcoming HNL to SEA redeye flight that leaves at 9:35 pm on F. Will I get served warm food? When I flew this route with a 1100 pm or later departure, I only got cheese and fruit plate and warm nuts. Will a 9:35 pm departure make a difference on food served in F? I thought I got served dinner before on pre-1000 pm departure but my memory was fuzzy....

Thanks!
I've never seen a redeye that served a hot meal. Cheese plates & mixed nuts. Eat before boarding.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:10 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by philemer
I've never seen a redeye that served a hot meal.
I've seen warm snacks (e.g., chicken skewers) in the rotation on midcons.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
We had warm quiche with a side salad on the PDX-JFK red-eye a few weeks ago...for some reason, AS scales down the red-eye meal service on Hawaii red-eyes which is odd since they are the same length if not longer in some cases.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
3/6 PHX-PDX 6a departure: some sort of "hot" egg based dish, and the granola for a "cold" dish. No clue what it was, to be honest. I fell asleep about 90 seconds into the flight and woke up when passing Mt. Hood.

3/8 PDX-PHX 840p departure: cookies. The cabin smelled delicious.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
We had warm quiche with a side salad on the PDX-JFK red-eye a few weeks ago...for some reason, AS scales down the red-eye meal service on Hawaii red-eyes which is odd since they are the same length if not longer in some cases.
The Hawaii redeyes also leave at 1 or 2a Pacific Time. Not necessarily a surprise they don't serve "heavier" food.

Originally Posted by philemer
Eat before boarding.
Plenty of time to hit up Alan Wong's.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Thanks all for the heads up. Will get food before boarding. The Admiral's club at HNL only serves snacks, soup and Instant noodles in the evening, so may have to hunt for dinner portion meals in the terminal or before we get there.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by scklumb
Date of Flight: March 6, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3422 MKE-SEA
Time of Departure: 4:40 p.m.
Length of flight: 3:50
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Turkey or chicken sandwich with a bag of potato chips. The sandwich came in a paper bag with a cellophane window, like the pre-made sandwiches at a grocery store. No cookie, no brownie, no napkin, no tray. Just a sandwich in a bag and a bag of potato chips, where handed out. Never had so little on this route.
Wow, that's a new low. That's a long flight to have such a terrible dinner served.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Stay unclassy, Alaska!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Buster
Wow, that's a new low. That's a long flight to have such a terrible dinner served.
sounds like a catering issue, in which case, compensation is in order. Reminds me of how AA used to have those sanwhich bags in coolers on the jetway (way back in the day!). Of course that was for coach.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
Does Alaska Listen even make a difference now? Just off a flight, First Class where tray table was broken and had to balance tray on lap. FA do not seem to care , that much. Are AS staff even responding to problems on flights now? I get the feeling, everyone is laying low for the next few months while the integration of VX takes place.
i complained about a recent F experience in the alaska listens survey and received adequate compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.