Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Date of Flight: February 09, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 922 SEA-BWI
Time of Departure: 9:50am
Length of flight: 4:10
Class of service: First
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Beecher Cheddar and Parsley Omelet with Fingerling Potatoes and Chicken Sausage -OR- Granola and yogurt
Both meals accompanied by fruit plate and warmed Danish pastry. I provided the Cholula.

Additional Comments: By the time the flight attendant took our meal orders, it was well after 10:00am. What are the odds that anybody on the airplane hadn't already eaten breakfast before boarding this flight? Serving breakfast on a flight this late seems like another cheap cost-cutting move by Alaska. That said, I chose the omelet and found it ... okay. Cheese and and a few sparse sprinkles of parsley do not constitute much in the way of either filling or flavor. Hard to believe that supposed "First Class" service aboard trans-continental flights has fallen so far. Warmed nuts and a snack basket were offered about an hour out. Meh.
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Date of Flight: February 11, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 83 SEA-ANC
Time of Departure: 7:35am
Length of flight: 3:40
Meal Description: Broccoli and cheese frittata with fruit, tomato half and chicken sausage

Comments: Pretty standard breakfast offering for this three and a half hour flight. Very nice service from the FA.
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One request please - (Moderators please free to remove this post if you deem necessary)

If you choose to comment on a post that includes a picture (such as the three posts immediately above, Please DO NOT include the picture. Aside from being unnecessarily redundant, it just takes up a lot of space that makes navigating through this thread that much longer. Instead, just drag and clip the relevant printed wording OR refer to the post as say... Post 2123. Thank you.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

Date of Flight: February 09, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 922 SEA-BWI
Time of Departure: 9:50am
Length of flight: 4:10
Meal Description: Beecher Cheddar and Parsley Omelet with Fingerling Potatoes and Chicken Sausage -OR- Granola and yogurt
Both meals accompanied by fruit plate and warmed Danish pastry. I provided the Cholula.

Additional Comments: By the time the flight attendant took our meal orders, it was well after 10:00am.What are the odds that anybody on the airplane hadn't already eaten breakfast before boarding this flight? Serving breakfast on a flight this late seems like another cheap cost-cutting move by Alaska. That said, I chose the omelet and found it ... okay. Cheese and and a few sparse sprinkles of parsley do not constitute much in the way of either filling or flavor. Hard to believe that supposed "First Class" service aboard trans-continental flights has fallen so far. Warmed nuts and a snack basket were offered about an hour out. Meh.
I think you meant to say, well past 11AM, or I might be wrong.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
One request please - (Moderators please free to remove this post if you deem necessary)

If you choose to comment on a post that includes a picture (such as the three posts immediately above, Please DO NOT include the picture. Aside from being unnecessarily redundant, it just takes up a lot of space that makes navigating through this thread that much longer. Instead, just drag and clip the relevant printed wording OR refer to the post as say... Post 2123. Thank you.
I completely agree!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Thanks for the reminder...I'm always tempted to include the picture in my replies, but I've been resisting the temptation. As for the omelette breakfast....despite it being served at such a late hour, I do like seeing a danish being served as a breakfast bread rather than the usual muffin or scone. I really wish they would bring back the breakfast bread to the mid-con breakfast flights.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I really wish they would bring back the breakfast bread to the mid-con breakfast flights.
Haha...basically the only difference between midcon breakfast and transcon breakfast is the breakfast bread. And maybe an appearance of the snack basket later in the flight.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
TH flew the 922 (SEA-BWI) on 2/10 and said the meal and snack basket and nuts were all served within two hours of take off. That gives the FAs a lot of time to catch up on their sudukos. Also, asked people to lower their shades because people were trying to sleep on a 10 AM departure (give or take)
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by lalala
TH flew the 922 (SEA-BWI) on 2/10 and said the meal and snack basket and nuts were all served within two hours of take off. That gives the FAs a lot of time to catch up on their sudukos. Also, asked people to lower their shades because people were trying to sleep on a 10 AM departure (give or take)
Wow, that’s crazy
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Later on in the year (post daylight-saving time?) this flight leaves at 10:10 a.m. and lunch is served. As it should be!

Additional Comments: By the time the flight attendant took our meal orders, it was well after 10:00am. What are the odds that anybody on the airplane hadn't already eaten breakfast before boarding this flight? Serving breakfast on a flight this late seems like another cheap cost-cutting move by Alaska. That said, I chose the omelet and found it ... okay. Cheese and and a few sparse sprinkles of parsley do not constitute much in the way of either filling or flavor. Hard to believe that supposed "First Class" service aboard trans-continental flights has fallen so far. Warmed nuts and a snack basket were offered about an hour out. Meh.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by seahawks10177

Wow, that’s crazy
No, that's LAZY!!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by BOB W
No, that's LAZY!!
Yup. Phoning it in. I loathe the window, but the heck I'm going to have someone lower the shade during the effing day so that they can watch (er, work). I hope TH alaska listened during her flight.

I'll report back on my SEA-PHL flight this week.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Date of Flight: February 13, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3301 AUS-SJC
Time of Departure: 2:45 PM
Length of flight: 3:31
​​​​​Class of service: First
Meal served: Lunch
Meal Description: Meatballs with accessories.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Date of Flight: February 13, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3301 AUS-SJC
Time of Departure: 2:45 PM
Length of flight: 3:31
Meal served: Lunch
Meal Description: Meatballs with accessories.
wow, that looks pretty tasty!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
wow, that looks pretty tasty!
Odd meal, but one I'd probably eat....what's the white sauce in the dish? Could it actually be ranch dressing that I can't ever remember seeing even once served with a salad on Alaska? I've also never seen 1000 Island...trust me, I like boring salads over salads that are over-the-top "fancy", but this has got to be one of the more basic ones I've seen on AS....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.