Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
We had the same menu for TPA-SEA. I was surprised when they served the salad, roll and entrée all at once on the same tray. The roll was cold and the pasta was barely warm. I asked the FA about it and was told that they have new procedures (not the exact words -- I'm paraphrasing.) I'd rather have a warm roll and salad first followed by the entrée as a separate course. I'll let AS know about my reaction to the new presentation but won't hold my breath about getting a response.
We had separate courses and warm bread from a basket on the SAN-MCO flight with that menu. Wonder if "the new procedures" are "finish the service quickly and sit on the jumpseat for as long as possible."
UAPremierExec and pcoll like this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by tusphotog
We had separate courses and warm bread from a basket on the SAN-MCO flight with that menu. Wonder if "the new procedures" are "finish the service quickly and sit on the jumpseat for as long as possible."
Could be. But I did notice that I got extra nice attention the rest of the flight after I asked.

This was just earlier this week so I did wonder whether they started something new in February. I'll be interested in seeing if anyone else here experiences the same thing. I did write in to AS to give them my 2 cents.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
I purposely took the scenic route up to Anchorage this weekend. Upgrades cleared at around 72 hours on all three flights, and it was overall very enjoyable. Excellent service and decent meals. A good introduction to Alaska for me.

AS 417 LAX-SEA - Breakfast flight - Had the egg and spinach fritatta. It was overall tasty. Not sure what meat the sausages were (think chicken), but also good. Also got PDB here, which I hear isn't standard on Alaska.
AS 75 SEA-JNU - Lunch flight - The turkey sandwich was surprisingly good. Fresh and toasty too.
AS 65 JNU-ANC - Snack flight - I'm shocked AS served more than a drink here. The service was impeccable, and the spinach dip snack was perfect for a flight of this length, and more than I would have expected. What a fantastic flight for a window seat.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
I purposely took the scenic route up to Anchorage this weekend. Upgrades cleared at around 72 hours on all three flights, and it was overall very enjoyable. Excellent service and decent meals. A good introduction to Alaska for me.

AS 417 LAX-SEA - Breakfast flight - Had the egg and spinach fritatta. It was overall tasty. Not sure what meat the sausages were (think chicken), but also good. Also got PDB here, which I hear isn't standard on Alaska.
AS 75 SEA-JNU - Lunch flight - The turkey sandwich was surprisingly good. Fresh and toasty too.
AS 65 JNU-ANC - Snack flight - I'm shocked AS served more than a drink here. The service was impeccable, and the spinach dip snack was perfect for a flight of this length, and more than I would have expected. What a fantastic flight for a window seat.
i am shocked you got a spinach dip on the JNU to ANC flight.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
We had the same menu for TPA-SEA. I was surprised when they served the salad, roll and entrée all at once on the same tray. The roll was cold and the pasta was barely warm. I asked the FA about it and was told that they have new procedures (not the exact words -- I'm paraphrasing.) I'd rather have a warm roll and salad first followed by the entrée as a separate course. I'll let AS know about my reaction to the new presentation but won't hold my breath about getting a response.
Same thing on the KOA flight. I strongly prefer separate courses over getting the entire meal at once - it makes the flight feel shorter since you're busy eating for longer.

I really didn't like getting the warm nuts last. I prefer getting them first because they are a nice snack to go along with the first beverage. They offer a snack basket on this flight as well so why serve cheesecake, nuts, and then a snack basket that has almonds?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
question: Are Alaska flights operated by Virgin all under the same catering process and meals, etc.

MCO-LAX 8 PM in F - wondering what will be served
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by caseminole
question: Are Alaska flights operated by Virgin all under the same catering process and meals, etc.

my guess since it’s leaving so late it would be a snack
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by seahawks10177

my guess since it’s leaving so late it would be a snack
no. Its definitely a dinner service flight
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Alaska site indicates dinner:

Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:56 am

My bad haha. You should get hopefully two options though for such a long flight
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by seahawks10177

i am shocked you got a spinach dip on the JNU to ANC flight.
I thought AS typically has generous meal windows, no?

It was very impressive for such a short flight. Barely in the air for 60 minutes.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
I thought AS typically has generous meal windows, no?

It was very impressive for such a short flight. Barely in the air for 60 minutes.
I flew JNU-ANC in the morning some years ago and they served a breakfast sandwich and a bowl of fruit. It was quite good for the length of flight. Y got little muffins at the time...I suspect that is no longer the case.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kurt
Alaska site indicates dinner:
curious to what the F stands for in Meal Coach

Also, is there a place we can see examples of meal offerings for this routing
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

curious to what the F stands for in Meal Coach
For purchase.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
For purchase.
Nothing is free in the main cabin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.