Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

Date of Flight: October 07, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 110 ANC-SEA
Time of Departure: 1:25pm
Length of flight: 3:00
Class of service: First
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: No menus were provided and the FA was pretty vague as to our options. Chicken or some vegetarian dish that I don't recall.
Additional Comments: I believe this was the Persian Chicken. It was delicious with nicely roasted sweet potatoes and this superb rice, onion and raisin mixture. I look forward to my next encounter with it. Delicious!
I'm Persian and that doesn't look like anything I've ever eaten (the sauce is very not persian), but I'm hoping to get to experience it one day!

Nazila
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
The chicken dish looks good although I'd remove the raisins from the rice and swap out the sweet potatoes with fried russet potatoes.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Date of Flight: October 13, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 137 PDX-ANC
Time of Departure: 12:20pm
Length of flight: 3:20
Meal Description: No menus were provided, but we were offered the now ubiquitous Rosemary Chicken Breast or the Gnocchi plate. I've had both and I like 'em both. They've also both been reported upon here ad nauseum. Still, at least now y'all know what's being served on the PDX-ANC route this month, so there. BTW, I had the chicken which was cooked just about as well as you can cook it in an airplane oven - that is to say it was perfectly moist, tender and juicy. I liked them Brussels Sprouts, too. A good dish. I'm flying PDX-ANC again next week and I'll probably get the gnocchi then though I'll refrain from saddling this forum with a review that could only be considered redundant at this point..
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS
October 16, 2018
AS 37. MSP-SEA
Time of Departure 4:40pm. About a 4 hour flight
First- Dinner
First time for this choice.
Spinach salad with small piece of cooked salmon and lemon vinaigrette. Also, included poached pear slice, sliced grapes, feta cheese ,pickled red onions and walnuts. Seeded roll (WARM!!) with butter and a ROON. Other option was Rosemary Chicken Breast with Polenta cake and Brussel Sprouts. 11 chicken and 5 salads were loaded. Salad went first, gone by end of Row 2.
Also, digi players offered ...no WIFI on this flight, received email morning of flight. Sorry, no pics.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Date of Flight: October 18, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 131 PDX-ANC
Time of Departure: 10:25am
Length of flight: 3:40
Meal Description: It looks like menus have been retired for good. I flew out to New York and back this week and they were conspicuously absent. If Alaska's not going to employ them on West Coast to New York transcon flights where they're up against the big boys, I should imagine they're not going to use them anywhere. Oh well - it was a nice touch while it lasted. As for today's luncheon - a couple of things - First, I'm transmitting live from the flight in question while we cruise high above the Gulf of Alaska. Secondly, today is my first experience with Alaska's new faux wood dining trays and its new inflight crockery. Everything looks great though lovers of cocktail nuts will be disappointed by the smaller size of the ramekins. If you want to see a picture of the new ramekin, you'll probably have to wait until the illustrious Carfield flies on a flight so catered. As to the meal, we were offered a choice of chicken breast and polenta or gnocchi with mushrooms. I went with the latter and found it so good it's gonna be my go-to dish on all future flights on which it's offered. Great service from the crew as well on this flight. ^^ ..
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Thanks for the photos. These faux wood trays look very similar to something Delta used to use from about mid-2011 up till their latest refresh a year or so back.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by obnoxoid
Thanks for the photos. These faux wood trays look very similar to something Delta used to use from about mid-2011 up till their latest refresh a year or so back.
So AS got a deal on them I guess

Was wondering what AS would transition to with its china, as I've seen it appearing in the Boardrooms
UAPremierExec and obnoxoid like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
We didn't get the new trays on SEA-PHL and PHL-SEA this past week but we did get menus both directions. So the menus aren't dead and buried yet.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Oct 21, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Confirmed that there are no menus for mid-con flights, just longer routes. FA was handed a printed sheet from catering with brief description of choices. Flights were using Airbus aircraft. New faux wood trays, AS salt/pepper packet and the cylindrical glassware (as seen in post 935)

Date: 20 Oct 2018
Route: SFO-DAL
Flight Number: AS1710
Departure time: 0620
Flight Time: 3hours 30 mins
Meal description: Breakfast. FA's printed description "Omelette with onion" Omelette stuffed with melted cheese, diced onion, minced chives, and diced pear. Served with Canadian Bacon, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. Side of cut fruit, (pineapple, watermelon and two blueberries)

Date: 20 Oct 2018
Route: DAL-SFO
Flight Number: AS1717
Departure time: 1725
Flight Time: 3hours 51 mins
Meal description: Dinner FA's printed description "Rosemary Chicken" Rosemary chicken w/sliced grape and honey sauce, Polenta cake, roasted Brussels Sprouts w/Bacon, warmed bread & butter, pre-packaged Pumpkin Spice Rooons.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:49 pm

Date of Flight: October 20, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 1011 JFK-SFO
Time of Departure: 7:30am
Length of flight: 6:40

Had the crepes (other choice was frittata.) New trays and menus were provided. Best breakfast I’ve had by far on Alaska. Bacon was perfectly done and eggs were super fluffy.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:26 pm

Anyone else completely bored with that wheat roll? It's fine, but it's been with every dinner/lunch for years. Seems to be the one thing they don't change. I guess I need to be more vocal with my Alaska listens surveys
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AS
AS 1158
SEA/LAX. 10:10am
breakfast - 2 protein Plate/6 frittata catered
bacon,potato and onion frittata with bacon. Smoothie shot. Pretty sparse tray.
protein plates taken by row 1. We were in 2AC.
passengers in 2DF not happy, as vegetarians they wanted protein plates. FA was not able to offer fruit and cheese as Y had sold all. They made their displeasure known .
wood tray, small wedge of frittata with country ham piece on small plate. Raspberry/blueberry/clove? Smoothie shot.
Crew LA based.
FA spent most of her time fulfilling drink orders from Y. I asked for coffee with Baileys. Drink arrived and she said it was probably cold, as She didn’t want to make a new pot. At least she was honest about it.
Hour later asked for water, never arrived.

Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1
Anyone else completely bored with that wheat roll? It's fine, but it's been with every dinner/lunch for years. Seems to be the one thing they don't change. I guess I need to be more vocal with my Alaska listens surveys
It's worked well with my past few Alaska meals.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
10/24 LAX-PDX 310p departure: choice of turkey sandwich or the protein plate with turkey, raspberries (or some sort of dried berry thing), that nuclear purple "hummus," swiss cheese (bleh) and something else. Went with the protein plate since I had a dinner meeting.

As an aside, the sandwich smelled good.

Great FA up front on this flight.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:28 pm

On F, BNA to SFO. Didn’t like the two choices on the menu, so I asked for the fruit and cheese platter. FA told me that they charge for it unless it’s preordered, is this true? He told me he’ll let it fly this time, but in the future to preorder fruit & cheese platters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.