Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:23 pm
IJK

Originally Posted by jrl767
same menu on VX1791 LAX-SEA (Thurs 3/22, 1645 departure)

the steak looked dreadfully overcooked so I left it untouched, but I thought the salad was quite good ... again, though, for a 2+45 flight it's more accurately a snack service than a dinner service
The passionfruit dressing was amazing! Tastiest part of the meal.

The salad was quite substantial, with way more actual veggies than normal, which I liked. My disappointment with most salads is the lack of veggies and a plethora of leafy greens. Just the opposite here.

The beef was rather unremarkable.

Another mid-day West Coast flight.

Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
BOS:SEA This Morning. Nothing to write home about. The usual Fritata or Quinoa Cakes for breakfast. Also...the Hummus plate 2 hours prior to landing. Massive amounts of Hummus. I needed more stuff to dip in it. Lol. We shall see what this Thursday to ATL brings.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rune87
BOS:SEA This Morning. Nothing to write home about. The usual Fritata or Quinoa Cakes for breakfast. Also...the Hummus plate 2 hours prior to landing. Massive amounts of Hummus. I needed more stuff to dip in it. Lol. We shall see what this Thursday to ATL brings.
"Quinoa Cakes"?? Is this a joke or was that really on the menu? I hope not....and will someone please bring back the snack basket or at least vary the dip a bit....let's see...spinach artichoke, guacamole, etc....
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:17 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PDXPremier

"Quinoa Cakes"?? Is this a joke or was that really on the menu? I hope not....and will someone please bring back the snack basket or at least vary the dip a bit....let's see...spinach artichoke, guacamole, etc....
The Quinoa Cakes are real. Had them this morning EWR-SEA. Not that great.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I can't believe it...that looks awful....this isn't rocket science folks....some eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, fruit, and a Danish.....no need to re-create the wheel.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Talking

Date of Flight: April 5, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 95 SEA-ANC
Time of Departure: 5:45 PM
Length of flight: 3:30
Class of service: First
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Warm Soba Noodle Salad
Additional Comments: Tasty- was awake for the pre-arrival chocolate that apparently is new with service ^

Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Date of Flight: April 5, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 29 ORD-SEA
Time of Departure: 2:05 PM
Length of flight: 4:20
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Chicken
Additional Comments: Liked it - lemon bar very good.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:18 pm

Date of Flight: March 26, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 150 ANC-LAX
Time of Departure: 11:40 PM
Length of flight: 5:10
Meal Description: Pita and Beet Hummus Snack with carrot
Additional Comments: Flavor was decent- but want something a bit more on a 5 hour flight...
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:27 pm

Date of Flight: March 6, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 2795 ABQ-PDX
Time of Departure: 6:55 PM
Length of flight: 3:30
Meal Description: Chicken
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:38 pm

Date of Flight: March 6, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 2730 SAN-ABQ
Time of Departure: 3:30 PM
Length of flight: 1:30
Meal Description: Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Shrimp
Additional Comments: Mmm...
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
I can't believe it...that looks awful....this isn't rocket science folks....some eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, fruit, and a Danish.....no need to re-create the wheel.
You'll have the frittata, then!?
As a resident of Portland, you of all people should know there are going to be a few questionable dishes on this "West Coast Inspired" menu. There's NOTHING West Coast about a Danish... [unless you're traveling in Denmark]
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
That’s one of many possible formulas. Also, there was a frittata. Wouldn’t make sense to have two egg dishes.
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by DrAlex
You'll have the frittata, then!?
As a resident of Portland, you of all people should know there are going to be a few questionable dishes on this "West Coast Inspired" menu. There's NOTHING West Coast about a Danish... [unless you're traveling in Denmark]
Well, Denmark is in Western Europe
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Flight 33 BOS - PDX on 4/22

I was actually really happy with this meal. Alaska has really stepped up their salad game with the new menus. I'm not usually a big fan of cooked carrots, but these ones were yummy. I'm glad they got rid of the "coffee rub" from the mole beef dish. I planned to take a picture of it, but it looked so good, I dove right in and forgot about pictures until I'd already eaten most of it. I thought the portion size was generous and was full enough that I could only manage a few bites of the dessert.

Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:29 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Calculon

That’s one of many possible formulas. Also, there was a frittata. Wouldn’t make sense to have two egg dishes.
Yeah, I was hoping for the frittata but being in the last row they were long gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.