Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Is it only me or does this whole protein plate thing seem more appropriate to a cafe in some Southern California body builder's gym than in the First Class cabin of an airline attempting to improve on the catering to its best customers?
Yes, I find it to be an odd mix of items to put together on the same plate. Also, why call it a protein plate? The only items that are high in protein are the hard-boiled egg and the slice of cheese.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
SFO/MEX 14 Apr

Much improved inflight product just in time for route suspension.
Fruit w/spiced powder and a pastry to start. Then a choice of an omelet or (I think it was) french toast. Not bad.
Chocolates passes out prior to landing.

Never an empty glass. Great crew. She was off to a somewhat slow start but once she started she didn't stop.

Still no players on this route. They made several gate announcements to download the gogo app, and then more onboard prior to departure.

The best part of this flight is the mandatory exercise you get upon MEX arrival. AS gates are usually about as far out as they can be, resulting in a brisk long exercise plan, or a slow even longer one.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
MEX/SFO 16 Apr

Much improved inflight product just in time for route suspension.
(Ok, not quite a proper quote, but I can botch my own quotes...)

Mixed nuts w/drinks, followed by a small salad and choice of lemongrass chicken breast w/rice and a decent roll (tasty), or a veg ravioli (no one barfed or spit food out, so I assume it was ok), followed by a lemon bar, and then a chocolate prior to arrival.
Service was fine enough - not exceptional, but fine.

Ah yes - soutbound (prior post) - F lav enforced. Northbound, not so much.

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Apr 17, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by osubeavers01

I've always found Alaska's egg and potato dishes to be hit or miss. Sometimes they're fine, but other times, they require significant doctoring from the provided salt and pepper packets
Not even the finest triage unit in the USA could doctor anything significantly with the amount of salt and pepper provided.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I would appreciate some variety in the salad dressing....it's always some type of Italian or Balsamic or Caesar dressing...never 1000 Island or Ranch.
1000 Island or Ranch are not flavors. By their own definition, they should taste like dirt.
I like the new oil and vinegar mini bottles. It is what I've become accustomed to on many airlines around the world, and it is what I often use at home, unless I whip up a little something.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
4/8/18: JFK - PDX. Salad was amazing, beef was "meh." I did not come with the aforementioned crema or cheese. Ice cream tasted great but was crazy sweet.

Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
SJC-PDX A thimble full of hummus and two tiny pita rounds.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Date: 4/18/18
Route:SMF - OGG
Flight Number:823
Departure time:9:53AM
Meal description- Breakfast: choice of a bacon avacado omelet or pancakes. Accompanied by a smoothie and Greek yogurt with berries and a warm muffin. An hour before arrival they served a snack of hummus with pita rounds, carrots, and celery sticks. This was a HUGE improvement over what they previously served on this route. The omelet was very tasty. The F/A announced that 9 omelets and 3 pancake orders were loaded. We had pre-ordered and told her so but she looked a little quizzical. But as we were in 1A&C it didn't matter, but I wonder what would have happened if we were in 3D. She did not appear to have any passenger list in her hand,just a blank seating chart.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Any recent reports of transcon red eyes? I’m not expecting much of anything but have LAXANC, ANCLAX and LAXBWI over the next two weeks.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Got bumped up to first on last night's OAK-SEA and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a choice of protein plate or steak salad. I like the PP but had never tried the steak salad so I went with it. Solid offering.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Any recent reports of transcon red eyes? I’m not expecting much of anything but have LAXANC, ANCLAX and LAXBWI over the next two weeks.
Can report back on Sunday on my SAN-BWI redeye
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I'll add pics shortly. Sun 4/15 SNA to SEA
Protein Plate or the Flank Steak Salad

The steak salad was really good, short of one minor item. We think catering mixed the salad dressing up. Instead of a cilantro lime salad dressing it was a habanero something. I'm a 5 star guy and it burned my mouth. The FA tried it when we alerted her and actually said holy .... thats hot. Can I get you some more drinks? She was making sure to pass that one on.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rune87
I'll add pics shortly. Sun 4/15 SNA to SEA
Protein Plate or the Flank Steak Salad

The steak salad was really good, short of one minor item. We think catering mixed the salad dressing up. Instead of a cilantro lime salad dressing it was a habanero something. I'm a 5 star guy and it burned my mouth. The FA tried it when we alerted her and actually said holy .... thats hot. Can I get you some more drinks? She was making sure to pass that one on.
Great reason for another round!

I'll be on LAX-ANC next week... hope it clears. Probably will be hummus and pita with veggeis as it seems we're on a 3 month rotation.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS3499, DCA-DAL, Sat 21 Apr, 0700 departure
strawberry-banana smoothie shot; choice of entree described as a breakfast protein plate or a potato pancake with scrambled eggs

I asked the FA about the protein plate and he pulled up a picture on his phone: fruit, cheese, hard-boiled egg, and pita bread with hummus

the photo of the other entree looked much more appealing, in spite of the two sad-looking roasted cherry tomatoes on the plate ... I was pleasantly surprised to find large flakes of smoked salmon in the pancake; the tray also had a small container of what looked like sour cream with chopped chives, but turned out to be a creamy horseradish that actually went fairly well with the pancake ... the highlight was a very tasty cranberry-lemon scone

Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
4/18 PHX-PDX 610a departure: I fell asleep, and like usual, was totally ignored by the FAs when I was awake for the last 30 minutes. But the breakfast was the morning protein plate or oatmeal/scrambled eggs. No PDB other than the water bottle.

4/19 PDX-PHX 845p departure: hummus plate. Not sure what the FA was doing, but it took almost 60 minutes for drinks to come out. Y had their water and full beverage service done before she started bringing drinks out to row 1. By the time she got to row 4, about 90 minutes had elapsed since going wheels up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.