Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Time in YVR?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Connection Time in YVR?

Anyone have a good sense of minimum connection time in YVR for international to US (both officially, as well as realistically)? We have an award ticket that's Condor into YVR, then Alaska to SEA. (There was no seats on the Condor direct to SEA).

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

And, on that note, does Alaska check bags through to Condor (and vice versa)? It's the same award ticket covering both.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
They'll interline, and the preclearance experience is actually smoother than normal US immigration--rather than waiting for your bags to arrive before going through customs, the immigration officer just shows you a photo of your luggage and confirms it's yours.

I don't know how busy immigration will be during the afternoon with other European arrivals around the same time, but on my two morning arrivals from NRT it was pretty quick, especially with Global Entry. I think last time the whole process of reclearing security, using the GE kiosk, and speaking to the immigration officer took five or seven minutes at most. Just be aware that after that is a loooooong walk to the gate AS uses (at least for QX flights), maybe ten minutes. Whatever the ticketed connection time is should be more than enough unless you DE flight is very delayed.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:51 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
When I connected from JL to AA at YVR last year there were only one or two other passengers connecting to the US. Definitely spent more time walking than queuing.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:35 pm

Alaska enforces minimum time of 2 hours in YVR for international-international if on the same ticket.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! That explains why I couldn’t get them to switch to a routing just under that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.