Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

earn AS miles on AA international itinerary with connection

earn AS miles on AA international itinerary with connection

Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Let me summarize - for an int'l AA itinerary with a domestic AA leg, you can:

1. Enter your AS FFN when booking the ticket. Fly the itinerary and afterwards manually request AA to credit domestic segments.
- Downside: no elite benefits when flying AA.

2. Enter your AS FFN when booking the ticket. At airport, request domestic AA segment be credited to AA.
- Downside: risk to not crediting to AS. Possibly miss out on AA elite upgrade.

3. Enter your AA FFN when booking the ticket. At airport, request int'l AA segment be credited to AS. If this works properly, it seems easiest.
- Downside: Biggest risk to not crediting to AS.

What's the consensus on best practice?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by eethan
Let me summarize - for an int'l AA itinerary with a domestic AA leg, you can:

1. Enter your AS FFN when booking the ticket. Fly the itinerary and afterwards manually request AA to credit domestic segments.
- Downside: no elite benefits when flying AA.

2. Enter your AS FFN when booking the ticket. At airport, request domestic AA segment be credited to AA.
- Downside: risk to not crediting to AS. Possibly miss out on AA elite upgrade.

3. Enter your AA FFN when booking the ticket. At airport, request int'l AA segment be credited to AS. If this works properly, it seems easiest.
- Downside: Biggest risk to not crediting to AS.

What's the consensus on best practice?
The best practice might well be "don't violate program terms".

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...conditions.jsp

You cannot accrue partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number if you have already used your AAdvantage number to obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as First or Business Class upgrades, baggage fee waivers or complimentary access to Preferred/Main Cabin Extra seats.
As far as I can tell, 1 and 2 don't violate program terms, 3 does unless you're going to forgo any AA status benefits. There's also Option 4:

4. Enter NO program number. Send boarding passes for AA domestic segment to AA, AA international segment to AS.

Downside: same as 1.

Granted, this is FT, where people would run over their grandma for a chance at Krug and showers in a plane so the risk of 3 getting you in trouble is probably pretty low unless you make a serious habit of this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.