Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I Got/Didn't Get MVP/Gold/75K Upgrade on AS (2018)

Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyupfrnt
Please post your upgrade successes & failures including:

Date
Route (Please bold if failure)
Flight Number
Status (MVP, Gold or 75K)
Fare Class
Add companion if there was one
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear
Date of ticket purchase

Examples:
2/2/18 SEA-ANC AS 67 75K Upgrade cleared at T-120 hours
2/19/18 MSY-SEA AS 887 MVPG Didn't clear 4/22 on waitlist
Print Wikipost

I Got/Didn't Get MVP/Gold/75K Upgrade on AS (2018)

Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by bbison
12/15/18
SFO-ORD
AS 1204
R Fare
Upgraded at T-16, which then removed me from the list (was #1 .) 3/7 were upgraded from the list later.
Purchased in September

12/18/18
ORD-SFO
AS 1211
T Fare
Upgraded at T-28, so I did not show up on the list at check-in. 2/7 on list upgrades later.
Purchased in September

Last AS flight of the year, I'll hit 75K somewhere over Nebraska.

Has anyone else had it happen where an early upgrade has removed you from the list entirely? I'd not seen that until this week.

My experience (75K) over the recent past ( 1 year or so) if Im upgraded prior to T24 Im not included on the list. In fact Ive noticed and seen it if Im upgraded before T12 and on the list it is subsequently removed.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:17 am
vji

I'm gold. Purchased all of these early November.

12/1/18
SFO-LAS 1902
Cleared T-5 days

12/2/18
LAS-JFK 1260
Cleared T-10 minutes. I was 1/2 on the waitlist, with two spots open - at T-10min they cleared both me and another passenger (both waitlisters) into the last two spots. I had to go up and ask them before boarding, though.

12/5/18
JFK-SFO 1023
Didn't clear. Was 1/9 on the waitlist, with F 7/8 full around 2 days before. Someone bought the last F spot 1 day before. I sat patiently in 6A as one passenger hadn't boarded in F - and they were about to close the doors. The gate agent came on the plane and we locked eyes, and then he made a slight head-tilt toward the empty seat. I immediately moved there, and started opening up the new AS blankets. However, as he was coming back, he was talking into a radio - "he's here? he's here?" - and alas, I was kicked back into my old seat. So close.
tobikosan and williwaw like this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by metallo
SEA-STL is an interesting route. The earlier departure (currently 12:25p, I believe) sometimes has upgrade waitlists of 50+ pax, with no one clearing at the gate, while the late afternoon/early evening departure you mention often has U space available on the day of departure with no one on the upgrade list... this is somewhat dependent on the day of the week, but the disparity in popularity with AS elites between these two flights has been pretty remarkable, in my opinion.
Yes, I think being Christmas day also played a larg role in no business travelers on the flight. For comparison, I think I was 6 or 7 on the wait list at T-24 on an M fare for my outbound 7:20PM STL-SEA flight on 12/21. Don't know what happened closer to departure as I wound up cancelling and catching the earlier N/S on WN, but was surprised to not be near the top of the wait list on such a high fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.