Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Is the ATL Power Outage Shutdown Affecting Anyone? (12/17-18/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond

Hey folks...
I originally was booked on a flight today from ATL-SEA...but I felt unwell a day ago so rebooked the same route for tomorrow (12/18)....AS 745. As of now, all is ok but there is not an obvious end to the ATL outage. Anyway, I'm not asking for anything special but if some of you clever folks have some insight re: sticking to this flight or rescheduling, i would be grateful. I am fortunate that I have family close by and no real commitments until Thursday (I did book the 6am Th flight as a backup).

Thank you!

mc
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I'd hold tight for now. If everything goes pear-shaped tomorrow you're probably best taking the Thursday flight given that ATL isn't exactly a hotspot of AS flights and given the the holidays you might not get much earlier than that anyways on a reschedule.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond
EC...Thanks so much for your advice
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Sounds like quite the cluster for DL...

Power outage in ATL

Originally Posted by BenA

Wow. You know a situation’s gotten bad when Chick-fil-A starts cooking food on Sundays...
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:41 am

I was at DFW when I saw the outtage on CNN. I quickly checked the origin of my incoming flight. Not ATL.
You just never know.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by trektheusa
I was at DFW when I saw the outtage on CNN. I quickly checked the origin of my incoming flight. Not ATL.
You just never know.
Well you do know with AS since its same plane turn SEA-ATL-SEA, so no worries elsewhere.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
Well you do know with AS since its same plane turn SEA-ATL-SEA, so no worries elsewhere.
The fact that AS does not fly ATL-DFW would also tend to eliminate the possibility

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.