SFO Lounge Downgrade

Old Apr 5, 18, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
As I heads up I tried to enter the CX lounge at 0700. It is listed on the AS page as opening at 0500. (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours). Apparently it now opens "around 0845" according to a staff member who happened to be unlocking the door and beginning morning set up.
Old Apr 5, 18, 3:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
As I heads up I tried to enter the CX lounge at 0700. It is listed on the AS page as opening at 0500. (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours). Apparently it now opens "around 0845" according to a staff member who happened to be unlocking the door and beginning morning set up.
Opening hours: 07:30 - 01:00 daily, per the CX website.
Old Jul 22, 18, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
It's been a few more months... any news on the SFO lounge front? Wondering if I should just get an AC membership and be done with it.
Old Jul 22, 18, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris View Post
It's been a few more months... any news on the SFO lounge front? Wondering if I should just get an AC membership and be done with it.
Might be a good idea for a year or two to have an AC membership... speculation is AA will move terminals first.

Our new North terminal Alaska Lounge may be open first even
Old Jul 22, 18, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire Amb, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris View Post
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Might be a good idea for a year or two to have an AC membership... speculation is AA will move terminals first.

Our new North terminal Alaska Lounge may be open first even
Agreed, I'd be surprised if the situation is rectified within the next 2 years, at a minimum.

If it's feasible for you, you might want to consider the Advantage Executive World Elite card through Citi - it's $450 vs. the AC full fare membership of $550 and will also get you at least 50k miles with $5k of spend in the first 3 months.
Old Jul 22, 18, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, DL Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
Agreed, I'd be surprised if the situation is rectified within the next 2 years, at a minimum.

If it's feasible for you, you might want to consider the Advantage Executive World Elite card through Citi - it's $450 vs. the AC full fare membership of $550 and will also get you at least 50k miles with $5k of spend in the first 3 months.
And AC access for Authorized Users too. Authorized users, however, will not get access to the Alaska Lounges; only the primarary account holder and their guest.

James
Old Jul 22, 18, 11:44 pm

Programs: BonVoy Pt, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
The only downside (beside the steeper price) would be no Alaska Lounge access if not flying AA or AS.
Old Jul 23, 18, 12:34 am

Programs: DLSL, MVP75K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
I've done this for the last few years, and find it to be the best solution. AS Lounge access when ever flying AS, and AA Admirals access wherever. Plus I've put 5 friends and family members on the Admirals access, which they really appreciate.

Love the Admirals access in SFO when flying on AS.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 23, 18, 1:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, DL Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson View Post
Love the Admirals access in SFO when flying on AS.
As do I! I also use the AC in SFO as an arrivals lounge, especially for earlier arrivals when an early hotel check-in isn't always possible.

James
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Jul 27, 18, 5:53 pm

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
As do I! I also use the AC in SFO as an arrivals lounge, especially for earlier arrivals when an early hotel check-in isn't always possible.
And the SFO lounge has the same amazing guac as its siblings, but also a great shower.
jimmygottfredson likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: