Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem booking award seats on JAL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Problem booking award seats on JAL

I got the error message after payment info when trying to book 4 business class seats on JAL. I verified that seats are now still shown as available on JAL and BA websites. On AS however, all 4 seats on the inbound have disappeared. Any idea what's going on? Should I call in to try?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Multiple threads reporting these same problems. Enjoy.

JAL award problem

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...artner-24.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ll-cabins.html

(TL;DR: yes, you should call in.)
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I've managed to book the tickets by calling in but not before HUCA. The first agent could not find anything at all I went back to double check the availability on BA and realized either the availability has changed or I made a mistake. But even with the triple-checked routing I could not get anything to work on the website. Luckily a second call made all the difference. The agent was super helpful and very knowledgeable. I ended up with the exact dates I wanted but what is strange is that BA showed no availability on the outbound on that date but somehow the agent managed to get it to work. I got lucky I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.