Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Here's what Alaska will actually be serving on your flight in coach

Old Dec 11, 17, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

AS seems to be very challenged with maintaining an accurate Y BOB food menu on their website. Very often, it doesn't match what's actually available in-flight, so I thought I'd share the current menu from my recent LAX-DCA flight as it differs from what's reported on the website.

As a reminder, the AS app allows you to pre-order food before your flight, so that's a great way to verify what they'll actually be selling/serving.

Here was the menu on a recent LAX-DCA flight:

And here was the menu on the AS website. As you can see, not much matches the on-board printed menu. I check the website regularly so I know they update it.

Old Dec 11, 17, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
If I recall correctly, rustykettel started a thread a few months back very similar to the current What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight but with the focus on the BOB meals in economy.

It'd be good to resurrect that one.
Old Dec 12, 17, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold; Hyatt; Hilton; SPG
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm View Post
AS seems to be very challenged with maintaining an accurate Y BOB food menu on their website. Very often, it doesn't match what's actually available in-flight, so I thought I'd share the current menu from my recent LAX-DCA flight as it differs from what's reported on the website.

As a reminder, the AS app allows you to pre-order food before your flight, so that's a great way to verify what they'll actually be selling/serving.
The key point here is to refer to the AS app -- the meal options for coach are available there for review a full week before a flight.
Old Dec 12, 17, 3:26 pm

Good to see they realize there might be a vegetarian that wants to spend some extra money on one of their flights.... let alone maybe a vegan!

Also, where is the fruit and cheese plate? Did they get rid of that?!
Old Dec 12, 17, 3:37 pm

Programs: BonVoy Pt, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by Seat 2A View Post
If I recall correctly, rustykettel started a thread a few months back very similar to the current What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight but with the focus on the BOB meals in economy.

It'd be good to resurrect that one.
Time flies! Started it last year and I believe it would have had 2016 in the title, so might as well use this for what's left of 2017 or just ongoing. Economy doesn't seem to attract as many contributions that F food does.
Old Dec 12, 17, 3:57 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
They do have fruit and cheese plate on most flights!
Old Dec 12, 17, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post

Time flies! Started it last year and I believe it would have had 2016 in the title, so might as well use this for what's left of 2017 or just ongoing. Economy doesn't seem to attract as many contributions that F food does.
That's exactly why I didn't post to your thread, as it was dated 2016.

Yes, they still have the fruit and cheese plate. I had to crop that from the website image for space purposes.
Old Dec 12, 17, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by AKCuisine View Post
The key point here is to refer to the AS app -- the meal options for coach are available there for review a full week before a flight.
The website says "Download our app to preorder food up to 14 days before your flight." Is the "14 days" reality or dreamland?
Old Dec 12, 17, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
The website says "Download our app to preorder food up to 14 days before your flight." Is the "14 days" reality or dreamland?
Reality.
Old Nov 18, 18, 8:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but is SEA-SAN supposed to offer a cheese plate for pre-order? Itís the last flight leaving about 8:25pm but I have a tight cnx to wanted to order and nothing but snack boxes. Itís within the 14 day window.
Old Nov 18, 18, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Altaflyer View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but is SEA-SAN supposed to offer a cheese plate for pre-order? It’s the last flight leaving about 8:25pm but I have a tight cnx to wanted to order and nothing but snack boxes. It’s within the 14 day window.
Should be if it is a mainline flight since it is blocked out for >2 hours:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Could be an app issue:
What happened to my cheese plate option in the app?
Old Nov 19, 18, 9:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH G
And here I thought this was going to be about last Friday's flight from BWI to SEA where the menu and FAs said the sandwich was turkey, when it was chicken pesto, and where our evening flight was outfitted with the breakfast Premium Class snacks.
Old Nov 19, 18, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman View Post
And here I thought this was going to be about last Friday's flight from BWI to SEA where the menu and FAs said the sandwich was turkey, when it was chicken pesto, and where our evening flight was outfitted with the breakfast Premium Class snacks.
Well, it could be worse. I've flown AA 6 times since they started BOB pre-order. Only 1 out of 6 FA's has actually honored the pre-order list. Fortunately, they have not run out by my row.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: