Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines (SQ) Redemptions - Limited Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines (SQ) Redemptions - Limited Availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by sSSspidermanNNn
Will it be possible to use AS miles for the new SIN-JFK flight? Has anyone tried yet?
Award bookings is not yet available on any SQ flights. Check to see if its on United website, it may be a good indicator as to whether SQ makes it available to partners.
Right now looking at UA booking engine there is no space
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sSSspidermanNNn
Will it be possible to use AS miles for the new SIN-JFK flight? Has anyone tried yet?
There is no SIN-JFK flight. SQ is flying to EWR.

It is unlikely SQ will make J seats on the flight available to partners, at least on a regular basis (there have been several very unusual releases of SQ J award seats to UA this year). Economy, maybe.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Kacee
There is no SIN-JFK flight. SQ is flying to EWR.

It is unlikely SQ will make J seats on the flight available to partners, at least on a regular basis (there have been several very unusual releases of SQ J award seats to UA this year). Economy, maybe.
No regular economy on that bird, i'm curious what programs have access to Premium Economy seats to see if they make those seats available to partners? I know United points does not have a Y+ award option.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
No regular economy on that bird, i'm curious what programs have access to Premium Economy seats to see if they make those seats available to partners? I know United points does not have a Y+ award option.
Interesting fact. Thanks for sharing. Only 161 seats (67J & 94PE) on an aircraft usually configured for 325. Still a long time to be in the air. We'll see how Qantas does with their goal of SYD-LHR non-stop going the Polar North Pacific route.

James
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Interesting fact. Thanks for sharing. Only 161 seats (67J & 94PE) on an aircraft usually configured for 325. Still a long time to be in the air. We'll see how Qantas does with their goal of SYD-LHR non-stop going the Polar North Pacific route.

James
If SYD-LHR nonstop becomes a reality, will that be the “last” route in terms of record length? I mean what other major cities would be further apart that don’t already have non-stop service? AKL to LHR maybe??
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SF1K
If SYD-LHR nonstop becomes a reality, will that be the “last” route in terms of record length? I mean what other major cities would be further apart that don’t already have non-stop service? AKL to LHR maybe??
There are still plenty. Most of Asia to EZE, for example (PEK-EZE would be 11,983 miles, well beyond the reach of any aircraft currently flying). (And some might quibble calling Aukland a "major" city . . . it's generally considered a second tier world city.)
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by CDKing
Award bookings is not yet available on any SQ flights. Check to see if its on United website, it may be a good indicator as to whether SQ makes it available to partners.
Right now looking at UA booking engine there is no space
Gotta say I'm pretty frustrated. Both Singapore Airlines and Aer Lingus are unavailable for award bookings. The pickings have been mighty slim for international award travel both east and west. When are we going to get some decent partner access? My Skymiles friends are laughing so hard....
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by QT31415
Gotta say I'm pretty frustrated. Both Singapore Airlines and Aer Lingus are unavailable for award bookings. The pickings have been mighty slim for international award travel both east and west. When are we going to get some decent partner access? My Skymiles friends are laughing so hard....
AS seems to be aware of it. From the comments of the Aer Lingus post on the Alaska Air blog this week:
Catherine Sherman, Editor
October 8, 2018
While we don’t have a specific date to share at this time, redeeming Mileage Plan miles on Aer Lingus is a top priority. We’re working hard to set this up and appreciate your patience.

Catherine Sherman, Editor
October 8, 2018
Yes, allowing our guests to redeem Mileage Plan miles on Aer Lingus is a top priority. We’re working hard to set this up and appreciate your patience.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by QT31415
Don't expect SQ availability to do much for general international award bookings. Look at all the complaints in the UA forum.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Don't expect SQ availability to do much for general international award bookings. Look at all the complaints in the UA forum.
The only reason SQ is available is UA has a worldwide chart. If AS doesn’t allow redemptions on SQ short and midhaul in Asia and Australia, or Y+, the pickings will be very slim, which to be honest is probably how SQ likes it.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

James
You can bet that QF won't reduce the number of seats - theyr'e more likely to jam more in.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
You can bet that QF won't reduce the number of seats - theyr'e more likely to jam more in.
Quite possibly. I would be concerned about the physical & physiological aspects of a 20+ hour flight especially in tight quarters. I love to fly but would be apprehensive about a flight that long even in J. I can't imagine going 20 hours without a shower. For me, I would prefer a few hops, time in the lounge, shower & change of clothes in between.

I think I would also feel shortchanged with only one take-off and 1 landing too. lol
osotoc likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
Well they are studying the "cargo-hold modules for passengers" - that could be interesting.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
With speculated confirmed announcement of SQ direct flights to SEA in 2019 what will come first, the actual flight or redemptions on SQ metal?
NWplatinum likes this.

Last edited by safari ari; Nov 1, 2018 at 8:21 am
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
SIN T5 and new runway will come before AS redemptions (estimated completion date 2030).

I think SQ will never have AS redemptions, just like AM. Prove me wrong, AS.
sSSspidermanNNn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.