Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

12/9-10 Northeast winter weather waiver posted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred

Northeast winter snow
Due to heavy snow forecasts in the Northeast, we are offering the following waiver if you would like to change, cancel, or postpone your trip.

Travel To/From

Baltimore (BWI)
Boston (BOS)
New York - LaGuardia (LGA)
New York - Kennedy (JFK)
Newark (EWR)
Philadelphia (PHL)
Washington - Dulles (IAD)
Washington - Reagan (DCA)

Tickets Purchased On/Before

December 8, 2017

Original Travel Dates

December 9-10, 2017

Exception Policy

We will waive the change fees and the difference in the price of the ticket if the new travel is booked to or from the affected cities in the same cabin and completed on or before December 15, 2017. You may request a refund if you choose not to travel at all. Tickets must be exchanged or refunded on or before December 15, 2017. Rebook your flight or apply for a refund online.

Children traveling alone will not be accepted for travel into these cities.
Children traveling alone will be accepted for travel out of these cities.
Additional Information

Pets traveling in the hold or shipped via Alaska - Air Cargo will not be accepted on flights to/from the affected cities during this period.
Passenger traveling with their pets in the cabin will be accepted on flights to/from the above cities.
As always, we advise you to check your flight status before departure.

Sign up for flight notifications and we'll notify you of any last minute delays, cancellations, or gate changes on your flights by email or text message.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:44 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Thanks, I have had both texts and emails about this as I am scheduled for a mileage run this weekend. PDX-EWR Sat 12/9 and EWR-PDX on Sunday 12/10/17. Bought discounted R tickets about a month ago when I realized I was 6000 miles short of requalifying for MVPG. I also had to do a run to SJC and back last week. I have no more days left in 2017 that I can reschedule my flights for.... I am hoping they feel the weather is safe enough to fly or if not, they let me cancel and buy up to MVPG (I didn't get the points.com offer to do so however).
Anyone have any other ideas I haven't thought of?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Originally Posted by LHG
Thanks, I have had both texts and emails about this as I am scheduled for a mileage run this weekend. PDX-EWR Sat 12/9 and EWR-PDX on Sunday 12/10/17. Bought discounted R tickets about a month ago when I realized I was 6000 miles short of requalifying for MVPG. I also had to do a run to SJC and back last week. I have no more days left in 2017 that I can reschedule my flights for.... I am hoping they feel the weather is safe enough to fly or if not, they let me cancel and buy up to MVPG (I didn't get the points.com offer to do so however).
Anyone have any other ideas I haven't thought of?
Can they book you on a mileage run to another city, such as FLL or ORD? If ORD, then take a mileage run to California to hit 6000.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Similar to the OP, I'm ticketed for my final scheduled trip of 2017: AS 12/09DEC SEABOS and AS 15/10DEC BOSSEA

I also received the text and email alert to the potential of flight delays and cancellations, and I've been following the progress of Winter Storm Benji throughout the day. I can reschedule my trip to next weekend if tomorrow is a no-go. Let's see what the morning brings. Now I'll try to get some sleep.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
A fellow FT'er and MR'er is on AS12 tomorrow.

Hope the flights go ok...Haven't looked at the forecast at all.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: AS 100K
doing as12 and as15 today (12/9)...we'll see what happens!
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I am doing the same MR today as well. Hoping 37 degree weather will help with operation. As a previous AK residence 3-7 inches of snow would seem comical to worry about 😀
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:04 am

I'm in seat 17C. I invite you to stop by and say hello! 😊
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by agurg
I am doing the same MR today as well. Hoping 37 degree weather will help with operation. As a previous AK residence 3-7 inches of snow would seem comical to worry about 😀
Greetings from seat 17C aboard AS 12/09DEC! I hope you saw Mt. Rainier in all its glory against the backdrop of a beautiful sunrise. 😊
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
A fellow FT'er and MR'er is on AS12 tomorrow.

Hope the flights go ok...Haven't looked at the forecast at all.
Thank you! So far so good. At present we're cruising at FL330, over western Montana.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:03 pm

AS 480/479 for 12/8-12/9 went smoothly! (PDX - JFK)
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by bbinchi
I'm in seat 17C. I invite you to stop by and say hello! 😊
sorry, just reading this now on AS15!!! we're an hour out of SEA...seated in 8C with my friend in 8D. We had the same seats on the way to BOS
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
sorry, just reading this now on AS15!!! we're an hour out of SEA...seated in 8C with my friend in 8D. We had the same seats on the way to BOS
Sounds like quite the party!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:20 am

It's a sunny day in Boston after Benji painted the landscape with beautiful snow yesterday.

I'll fly home today on AS 15 BOSSEA to finish my mileage run and qualify for MVPG in 2018. Any FTers on the flight? I'll be in 17C if you want to stop by and say hello.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.