Ugly sweater boarding

Old Dec 7, 17, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Ugly sweater boarding

Priority boarding for ugly sweaters on Alaska Airlines
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ers/930037001/

I wonder what the boarding order will be. Do they board before or after - MVPs, Golds, Families, Teachers, Russel Wilson jerseys, 75k, Firefighters, Active duty military, Timbers fans, First class?
When will Alaska stop this nonsense? How about they stop with trying to make boarding fun, and focus more on efficiency and rewarding their loyal customers.
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:37 pm
vgc

Originally Posted by tbau View Post
When will Alaska stop this nonsense? How about they stop with trying to make boarding fun, and focus more on efficiency and rewarding their loyal customers.
It's literally 10 minutes, if that, of your life for one day. If it brings a smile to some people's faces, why get all worked up about it?
Old Dec 7, 17, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by tbau View Post
Priority boarding for ugly sweaters on Alaska Airlines
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ers/930037001/

I wonder what the boarding order will be. Do they board before or after - MVPs, Golds, Families, Teachers, Russel Wilson jerseys, 75k, Firefighters, Active duty military, Timbers fans, First class?
I was gonna say, maybe those wearing ugly sweaters should instead be given priority for IDB... I know...not in the holiday spirit.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Dec 7, 17 at 5:41 pm
Old Dec 8, 17, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd View Post
I was gonna say, maybe those wearing ugly sweaters should instead be given priority for IDB... I know...not in the holiday spirit.
Actually from a highly place source in the bunker at Angle Lake, AS has secretly changed the upgrade priority and now ugly sweaters will be upgraded before anyone else regardless of fare or status.
Old Dec 12, 17, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
Actually from a highly place source in the bunker at Angle Lake, AS has secretly changed the upgrade priority and now ugly sweaters will be upgraded before anyone else regardless of fare or status.
I suspect the new policy began last weekend. It would certainly explain why I was 29th on the upgrade list for AS15/10OCT BOSSEA.

Last edited by bbinchi; Dec 12, 17 at 12:43 pm Reason: Remove hash tag that I didn't realize I was using
Old Dec 12, 17, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
I think its a fun marketing ploy. Yes probably a little annoying for the road warriors. But if nothing else it adds a bit of spunk to the day!
Old Dec 12, 17, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I would take this to the next level and give one of the MVPG chocolate bars (if they still exist) to the person with the ugliest Christmas sweater on the flight
trooper and T2A like this.
Old Dec 13, 17, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
I would take this to the next level and give one of the MVPG chocolate bars (if they still exist) to the person with the ugliest Christmas sweater on the flight
Love this idea. I think little games can cost little but add lots of value. I.e bring back the midway to Hawaii game that airlines use to play.
brettsir and bmvaughn like this.
Old Dec 13, 17, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by pfpdx View Post
Love this idea. I think little games can cost little but add lots of value. I.e bring back the midway to Hawaii game that airlines use to play.
AS did this for a few months about 5 years ago... went away sadly.
pfpdx likes this.
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:33 pm

Programs: Free Agent
If it promotes more skin coverage of the kettles, I fully support.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 13, 17, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by PBIGuy View Post
If it promotes more skin coverage of the kettles, I fully support.
be careful what you ask for ... this thread popped up on the Delta board earlier today
Old Dec 14, 17, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Actually after an AS survey they found people prefer something "lighter" than a chocolate bar. In keeping with AS practice they went to their "locally sourced" provider, Oakfield Farms (located at a DFW strip mall) for a solution. Each elite will now be given a small box with military grade wrapping (Ala snack box). In each box you will find two organic gummy bears and a single Columbia Valley chocolate covered raisin.
mczlaw likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 4:01 pm

Alaska giving away sweaters today in several ways. You can see the action on their twitter feed.

I'd find it fun to have an ugly sweater waiting for me at my seat. Always good for christmas parties.
bbinchi likes this.

Last edited by pfpdx; Dec 15, 17 at 4:02 pm Reason: weird formating
Old Dec 15, 17, 9:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Waiting for the lawsuit from the passenger who was selected to board early due to their ugly sweater...who didn't think their sweater was ugly.

The anguish.....
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 15, 18, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
IT'S BAAAAACK. Next Friday, December 21st.

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2018-...liday-sweaters

Search this Thread
Search Engine: