Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Brie cheese raw material shortage in France ravages AS fruit & cheese plate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brie cheese raw material shortage in France ravages AS fruit & cheese plate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mczlaw
Is it the soft-ripened group as a whole or just brie? Where do you stand on camembert? I'm partial to stinky wash-rind cheeses, creamy blues, alpines and a real nice goat gouda.

Beecher's is nothing special, my general view of cheddar at least until it reaches old age. I do love the curds, which I've been known to purchase at the shop by SEA C2 and munch on a SEA-XXX transcon.
its all the soft stinky cheeses. Love a lot of different cheeses, just not those.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:13 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Is it the soft-ripened group as a whole or just brie? Where do you stand on camembert?.
Camembert ^ ate a ton of it in Europe this summer, great stuff.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by missamo80
If it means they switch to all Beecher's I'm cool with that. I wish they'd get rid of the Tillamook too.

Neil
Tillamook has a special place in my heart growing up in the PNW. It melts differently than most mass market cheddars (including the Brandon cheddar which is owned by Tillamook). It cracks me up seeing "gourmet" hamburger and grilled cheese restaurants in SEA/PDX advertising that they use Tillamook medium cheddar. Tillamook medium cheddar tastes even better freshly sliced from the 5lb Costco loaf or the 2lb Fred Meyer loaf, the latter being the featured sale item every Founder's Day sale.

It confuses me that great Brie couldn't be sourced from a different country. Trader Joe's sells great Brie from both the US and Canada in addition to France. This isn't like the lime shortage when all limes available in the US were very expensive.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
I had the cheese plate from PDX-AUS on 12/10 and was happy to see the brie. Looks like it is making its way back.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
The fruit and cheese trays aboard AS15 BOS-SEA last night included brie. A Flight Attendant told me some stations have had it all along but ex-SEA it's been a challenge.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue ; Qatar Privilege Club, KrisFlyer
Take care - de-brie on the road!
https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydney...d-hume-highway
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bbinchi
The fruit and cheese trays aboard AS15 BOS-SEA last night included brie. A Flight Attendant told me some stations have had it all along but ex-SEA it's been a challenge.
They probably used all of it in those gloopy turkey and cheese sandwiches.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by G2244
I had the cheese plate from PDX-AUS on 12/10 and was happy to see the brie. Looks like it is making its way back.
Hooray! Getting on a flight tonight and sifted back through this thread just hoping to see such a wonderful update
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
I had the cheese plate OAK-SEA on 12/16 and it also included the brie. Crisis averted.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Must have been the protests at PDX. Great signs: "Free the Brie," "Let it Brie," "Brie all that you can Brie." We love a good protest here in Portland.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
Phew. Flight coming up on 12/24. Looking forward to the cheese plate!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
I saw plenty of cheese on my flight a couple days ago!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.