Search

booking anomaly?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
booking anomaly?

I just did a rebooking on a companion ticket, exchanging SMF-OGG round trip for SJC-LTO one way. Why I did this and merits of the lack of value obtained from the companion fare by doing so are not relevant. I had to do this on the phone because the original ticket was jacked up to begin with due to schedule changes. Even after cleaning those up I was not able to manipulate the booking online in any way.

The agent seemed pretty good and exchanged the ticket, rebooking SJC-LAX-LTO in full Y and charging what seemed to be a reasonable fare (higher than what the lowest available on the website showed, but lower than the "refundable" amount on the website). He had to work with the rate desk to reprice, etc. and there was a small add-collect on the companion's ticket, while I got a sizeable wallet credit on mine as the primary traveler.

The booking shows up fine online in "My Trips" with both segments on the PNR, and a single e-ticket number for each passenger. I double checked that new e-ticket # were issued when the flight was rebooked. SJC-LAX cleared into F right away for both (MVPG status for me), and LAX-LTO waitlisted as expected. Seats are assigned on both segments.

However, when I got the booking confirmation email, only the first segment shows up in it, with no mention of the LAX-LTO segment. Is this just an anomaly of the way that the ticket was rebooked (perhaps as multicity?) or do I have something to be concerned about?

Is there a way to check the e-ticket status (open/arpt control/etc) online without calling AS again? Saudia website doesn't seem to want to pull this one up, nor does CheckMyTrip.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:03 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
If both flights show up on Alaskaair.com i don’t see any reason for concern.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Probably how it was issued.

Did you look up the res online and email yourself a copy of the itin?

Agree it's probably ok.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

yeah i mean both segments show up including if i send myself an email of the booking. i guess it is just something to do with the way it is rebooked. another interesting thing is that on the app it shows the LAX-LTO flight as "Cabin: First (Y)" while online it shows as first class waitlisted.

we will try to check in online at T-24 and if run into problems will call ahead I guess, since I don't really want to deal with a lot of drama on a 4x a week flight over the holiday period, most days of which already appear to be booked full or close to it.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I would call in and have them verify. If there's no coupon for LAX-LTO you're not flying it.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
I would call in and have them verify. If there's no coupon for LAX-LTO you're not flying it.
i had to call for another reason so I asked them about it. It was indeed screwed up. The ticket was out of sync with the booking classes. Looks like they fixed it correctly now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.