Search

Pet Peeve: “Alaskan” Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Pet Peeve: “Alaskan” Airlines

Does anyone else get super annoyed when calling Alaska’s partners, or interacting with their partner airline airport staff and have the partner agents refer to your status as “Alaskan” Airlines. I always cringe whenever I hear this on the phone or at the airport. It’s so annoying, and I don’t understand why they can’t just get it right. Also once I said I was connecting to Alaska Airlines and the agent went “oh you’re going all the way to Alaska?” No, actually they fly other places 🙄
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No, this comes under the heading of things which are none of my business and I could care less.

If the term "Alaska" vs. "Alaska" gets a passenger to the correct airport and gate, that is just fine.

Now, someone who refers to "Alaska" as "United" has a problem on their hands which needs to be dealt with.
fti and trooper like this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Yes totally understand this doesn’t have serious repercussions, still it’s an annoying pet peeve of mine
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
It’s a pet peeve (and very petty, but hey, FT) to see and get irritated when FT posters talk about “Alaskan” Airlines when the name is at the top of the forum...
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I'm just confused as to why its called Alaska Airlines, but its hub is in Seattle. When they started service to Nashville, a lot of my coworkers and friends were confused because they didn't think there was a big market for flights to Alaska. I told them the flight was to their hub in Seattle. Then they got confused because they didn't know Seattle was in Alaska.
fti likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
I also don't like it when I have trouble convincing partners that the designator for Alaska is AS not AK.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
No, it doesn’t annoy me. I reserve my annoyance (especially my “super annoyance”) for things that actually have some impact on my life.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I have had this happen several times and I agree it is annoying. When I’m talking about Alaskan, I’d rather it be about the beer.
Edgerfly likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Often1
No, this comes under the heading of things which are none of my business and I could care less.
You probably mean you couldn't care less. [Thread Pet Peeve #2 ]. Now, please loose [Thread Pet Peeve #3 ] your attitude
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
So from intense and purposes, this STILL has not been fixed? This is getting to be ridiculous. Alaska needs to stop advertising that Emirates is a partner you can redeem on. It’s far too long and as a very loyal customer to AS I demand answers.
No, I don't get super annoyed. Everyone errs occasionally.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flytoeat
No, I don't get super annoyed. Everyone errs occasionally.
Yes, but none of us are divine. And there's your answer
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It’s going to happen a lot more now that AS is trying to go big-time.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chugach
It’s going to happen a lot more now that AS is trying to go big-time.
I believe you are supposably correct. But at this point in the thread, it's all mute.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I believe you are supposably correct. But at this point in the thread, it's all mute.
Prolly.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
This happens all the time though, yeah it's a bit annoying if you're an FF or an employee, but oh well. Another one I used to hear all the time was Icelander.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.