Wiki Posts
Search

are you close to MM?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
are you close to MM?

With several posts at the end of the year looking for ways to reach MVP, MVPG or even MVPG75k, is anyone looking to meet MM status? Or, with all the changes is that something no longer desired? I find myself paying much more attention to my MM status and the needed miles to reach than ever before.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:19 am
vgc

I've been 75k for the past 3 years, but I'm at least a decade away from MM at the rate I'm going...
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
It is absolutely worth obtaining. After 2 years with the status, the treatment in Y is noticeably better. In F I have been given the Y meal or snack box and never been asked to pay for it. The comments occasionally made were that it is due to my 1MM status.^^
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
I anticipate I'll hit it in 8 years or less. Before age 44. Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed about that.

I havent had had anything to stress for to hit gold for the last few years. About 8 years ago I was at 75K. But about 4 years ago I wasn't sure I'd hit gold. Million Miler would be a nice feather and help me to feel ok about scaling back non essential travel.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: MVP Gold
Would you get 4 upgrade codes each year as MM?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Middle of 2019 for me. My TH will be there by end of Q2 2018.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:53 pm

Hi Seahawks 10177 -

As you will be a Gold once you become a MM, you should get 4 GGUs each year.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Okay sweet haha just curious. Long ways away from that but still!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
Not even close!! I just switched a few years ago, so I have a looooong way to go.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I'm HALFWAY there... on UNITED!
But I got so fed up with United, that I switched to AS this year.
So it's like starting all over. I literally started at 1448 lifetime miles.
I'm crying on the outside...

But funnily, I was on an SEA-ANC leg on Friday, in the exit row window, next to a deadheading QX pilot in the middle, and a quirky middle aged woman in the aisle.
About halfway through the flight, she VERY LOUDLY asked which of us was the million miler. I was half asleep, so I just gave her a (probably totally unpleasant... my apologies) look and she repeated herself.
She said that one of us must be, because we were getting free food.
I assured her that I had paid (using my United credit card, natch). Finally, the guy in the middle pointed out that he was wearing a captain's uniform... and that they sometimes took care of crew members.
Though frankly, I don't recall seeing them give him anything for free; they offered a Dig-E player, but he already had his own iPlaid plugged in!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
70k lifetime miles. Requalifying for Gold with 20k AS miles this year (obviously, I qualified via int'l partner travel). I am happy I have UA MM status because it helps me fly as a free-agent-with-an-AS-bias, but reaching AS MM status is not a realistic goal for me unless medicine makes huge progress on immortality in the next 10 years or so
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
There's someone on my flight with a MM tag. The new tags are really cool!

I'm at almost 400K in ~5 years of AS travel. Not sure if I'm going to stick with AS to hit it.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just finished booking my last few flights for 2017, 6715 BIS miles in Dec which should bring me to 855,814 BIS. That leaves me 144,186 miles to go, which since I typically get 95-115k per year will take me 1.5 years before getting it. I know I am very tempted to try for getting it next year by adding in some MRs but think that about 44k might be a bit too much in MRs - :haha!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
It is absolutely worth obtaining. After 2 years with the status, the treatment in Y is noticeably better. In F I have been given the Y meal or snack box and never been asked to pay for it. The comments occasionally made were that it is due to my 1MM status.^^
And on 75% or so of the transcons I have taken since attaining MM status, when in coach I have been given a free "digiplayer" despite not being a 75K. I never expect it nor do I ask for it. I figure it must be due to my boyish good looks and York County (Pennsylvania) nasal twang LOLOL.

Heck, on a recent transcon, Ms. dave1013 even got a free digiplayer and meal, to boot!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
417,226, not even half way there yet, I'd be a little closer if partners counted. Hey AS how about lifetime MVP at 500K
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.