Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

More Horizon route cuts: The juggling continues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More Horizon route cuts: The juggling continues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA,AS,DL,MHC,IHG,Parrot Head
Fully agree. AS will allow the Canadian market to wither away as they focus on Cal. When load factors drop and/or AS needs the aircraft elsewhere they will slowly withdraw. That has already begun. Meanwhile the DL WS partnership will gladly take over the traffic into SEA. This is just another cut in Delta's "kill them with a thousand cuts" strategy in SEA vs Alaska.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by tsillanman
Fully agree. AS will allow the Canadian market to wither away as they focus on Cal. When load factors drop and/or AS needs the aircraft elsewhere they will slowly withdraw. That has already begun. Meanwhile the DL WS partnership will gladly take over the traffic into SEA. This is just another cut in Delta's "kill them with a thousand cuts" strategy in SEA vs Alaska.
I do hope you are wrong but unfortunately, I can't find the slightest flaw in your argument.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I thought I saw that Delta will be up to 7 rts between YVR and SEA soon....
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:02 pm

Remember for the transborder market, the point of sale significantly favors Canadian side, so AC with its dominant hub in YVR, YYZ and YUL + WS with its dominant hub in YYC will always dominate the traffic to the top American markets. That's why AA struggles now into Canada, why UA let AC do all the flying in the JV and why DL is doing JV with WS.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by tsillanman
Just had one of my bookings changed because the late night/early morning 737-900 SEA-YVR-SEA (Flts 963/964) has been changed back to Horizon Q400 eff May 20. Capacity reduction overall at YVR for AS.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I thought I saw that Delta will be up to 7 rts between YVR and SEA soon....
Summer schedule, 6/10-8/31: 6x E75 and 1x 737.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Both YEG flights switching to E75 from Q400. Can we please have our third flight back?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Apparently my family had a schedule change for Feb 19 with a return from AMS via YEG...so we got zapped by this change as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.