Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Award seats cannot be booked between Australia and the US.

JAL has migrated to Amadeus 11/16/2017 and has experienced glitches in both their reservations, systems, and partner availability.

The following JAL JMB forum threads may be of interest to AS Flyertalkers, however questions or issues regarding partner availability or partner ticketing should remain in the partner forums:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1599009-jal-will-migrating-amadeus-nov-16-2017-a.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1877717-overseas-website-updates-nov-16-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

JAL award problem

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:49 pm

award is come back
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted
Drcool likes this.

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:24 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:48 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cyborg
Yes indeed. I checked a few dates in February and it looks like JAL has restored the AS availability.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
but can not booked. The error was occur during payment. sad
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:23 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Has anyone noticed a change in availability for JAL domestic business class? I feel like before the GDS migration, I was able to find J rather easily on HND-CTS, but now there aren't any dates until the end of the calendar. Maybe I'm mis-remembering though.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:13 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I had some problems at NRT last night checking in for NRT-HKG, which was the second leg of an AS-issued JL award (first leg was flown before the changeover to the new system). Fifteen minutes of typing, trying to retrieve my ticket number, phone calls. Ultimately, I was given my BP with the explanation that my ticket had become "disassociated" from my reservation.

For the next few weeks, it's probably prudent to carry a printout of your e-ticket, or make sure that you have the ability to pull it up on your phone.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by sturges
Has anyone noticed a change in availability for JAL domestic business class? I feel like before the GDS migration, I was able to find J rather easily on HND-CTS, but now there aren't any dates until the end of the calendar. Maybe I'm mis-remembering though.
You may be misremembering. I can't remember ever seeing JAL domestic J availability on AS or AA.. JAL sells upgrades at the gate to domestic J, and I've done this to upgrade a domestic Y award booked with another airline's points.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ll-cabins.html
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You may be misremembering. I can't remember ever seeing JAL domestic J availability on AS or AA.. JAL sells upgrades at the gate to domestic J, and I've done this to upgrade a domestic Y award booked with another airline's points.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ll-cabins.html
I’ve definitely seen domestic JL J awards on AS in the past, even though I agree with you that no other partners (AA, BA, QF) show them. I’ve never booked a domestic J award, so it may well be phantom inventory.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I wonder if JAL has added married segment logic. that could explain lack of domestic J. Are you seeing J space in conjunction with intl flights?

Nevermind my first search only comes up with mixed cabin. Though weirdly when i look some dates there is no J column at all (though F column is there though no F on the route)

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 3, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:04 am

I'm seeing domestic business segments on Asia-Japan awards, e.g. TPE-CTS:
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'm seeing domestic business segments on Asia-Japan awards, e.g. TPE-CTS:
The Chair next to the price indicates a mixed class itinerary. What you are likely seeing is J on one or more legs, and Y on at least one leg. If you click on the chair icon it will show you the seat class for each flight.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
The Chair next to the price indicates a mixed class itinerary. What you are likely seeing is J on one or more legs, and Y on at least one leg. If you click on the chair icon it will show you the seat class for each flight.
The picture you quote shows three options that are NOT mixed-cabin. Though, I seem to be unable to replicate it.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sturges
The picture you quote shows three options that are NOT mixed-cabin. Though, I seem to be unable to replicate it.
Correct, except the OP was trying to get from NRT to CTS on the second leg of an itinerary starting in BOS. When I've booked JL award flights in the past departing No.America, they had a block on intra-Japan J seats when connecting. I don't know why they have this rule. I've seen in applied on AA awards and here, though I don't know all the details on the JL-AS agreement. The Asia-Japan example is not representative of the rules with awards originating in No.America. Routings I've seen this on include BOS-NRT-OKA and SFO-HND-HIJ.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Before the Amadeus changeover I booked a business award through AS OKA-HND-SFO which showed as all Business class when selected on AS, however it did not ticket right away and once AS had ticketed it the OKA-HND segment when viewed on the AS website showed as economy but when using the JL PNR to pull up the reservation on the JAL website the OKA-HND segment shows up as "Class J" which is normally the top cabin on JAL domestic flights (although from what I gather it really is more like premium economy).

As a bonus, after the Amadeus changeover I was able to select seats for the OKA-HND segment in Class J. Prior to the changeover JAL did not allow domestic seat assignments until something like 90 days prior to the flight (might have been 60 or 45, I can't recall exactly but I know prior to the changeover I was not able to select seats for the OKA-HND segment since it was too far out, many months away).

Edit: Upon checking the current res on JAL the OKA-HND segment is listed as Business class - Class D. The HND-SFO segment is shown as Business class - Class U. Prior to the Amadeus switch the domestic segment was listed as Class J.

Last edited by skimthetrees; Dec 7, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:37 pm

Wondering if anyone is having the same issues as me. I'm trying to book JAL JFK to Tokyo and back (doesn't really matter which class - trying coach, j and f). I keep seeing availability but when I try to book it online (booking as two ways), I get the error below.

"The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Space on partner flights cannot be confirmed. Please change the dates, cities, or flights of your original request. -1620"

I notice the flight disappears after I try to book and get the error message. The space comes back after a little bit, but then I get the error again. I am not including the insurance so that's not selected. I read someone removed that option and they were able to book it. I called Alaska and they were able to see the space, but can't book after trying. Phantom space? Or the systems aren't syncing? Something else? Very frustrating...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.