JAL award problem

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 15, 18, 11:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Award seats cannot be booked between Australia and the US.

JAL has migrated to Amadeus 11/16/2017 and has experienced glitches in both their reservations, systems, and partner availability.

The following JAL JMB forum threads may be of interest to AS Flyertalkers, however questions or issues regarding partner availability or partner ticketing should remain in the partner forums:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japa...16-2017-a.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japa...16-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 6, 18, 9:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Plat, United 1P
I am having the same issue booking via Alaska. Were you able to get it resolved?

Eric
Old Jan 8, 18, 2:15 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey View Post
Wondering if anyone is having the same issues as me. I'm trying to book JAL JFK to Tokyo and back (doesn't really matter which class - trying coach, j and f). I keep seeing availability but when I try to book it online (booking as two ways), I get the error below.

"The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Space on partner flights cannot be confirmed. Please change the dates, cities, or flights of your original request. -1620"

I notice the flight disappears after I try to book and get the error message. The space comes back after a little bit, but then I get the error again. I am not including the insurance so that's not selected. I read someone removed that option and they were able to book it. I called Alaska and they were able to see the space, but can't book after trying. Phantom space? Or the systems aren't syncing? Something else? Very frustrating...

Check the JAL availability on BA website, if its not there but shows on AS, its definitely PHANTOM space and not bookable. Some HND / NRT airports are also mixed up. BA is more accurate. If BA website and AS website shows it, its likely bookable, but sometimes need to call in to get it done.
Old Jan 8, 18, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by eyeh921 View Post
I am having the same issue booking via Alaska. Were you able to get it resolved?

Eric
I was having the same issue getting the error when I attempted to complete a booking the last two weeks in December. I found that using the BA website actually gave realtime accurate information about award availability for the days I was searching compared to the Alaska site. When I first encountered the problem (and before reading about using the BA site on Flyertalk) I called Alaska customer service and was told that their inventory is refreshed once a day so in most cases when you get that error it just means that the award is no longer available but their site hasn't refreshed inventory yet. Using the BA site I was able to to find and book 2 J seats as one way bookings to allow a visit to Tokyo and Seoul in late March. I kept looking at the BA site around 2-3 times a day and noticed inventory fluctuate and eventually after a few days of looking I saw F seats open (first for the outbound flight from JFK and then for the inbound flight to JFK). Since I had the booking already made in J I had to call Alaska customer service to have them assist with moving the seats from J to F since the airports used in Tokyo changed and the self service portal wasn't allowing me to make the changes myself. In any case the point is look at the BA website, save a bookmark to it, and search it diligently a few times a day and when award opens either book thru Alaska or if you already have a booking made call to modify it and secure the seats.
Old Jan 8, 18, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by planetshakers View Post
Check the JAL availability on BA website, if its not there but shows on AS, its definitely PHANTOM space and not bookable. Some HND / NRT airports are also mixed up. BA is more accurate. If BA website and AS website shows it, its likely bookable, but sometimes need to call in to get it done.
Ive been hunting some JL flights over the past week. The AS website tends to match JLs, but sometimes BAs shoes more than both AS and JL. So if BA shows but AS doesnt, still call AS or is this likely phantom?
Old May 2, 18, 9:26 pm

Just checking today, couldn't find any award availability in the entire award calendar for Alaska on JAL. Not sure what is going on.
Old May 2, 18, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya View Post
Just checking today, couldn't find any award availability in the entire award calendar for Alaska on JAL. Not sure what is going on.
Same problem. At least from yesterday, cannot find any JAL seats from Alaska, but can see availability at BA
Old May 3, 18, 12:16 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by kkkimi View Post
Same problem. At least from yesterday, cannot find any JAL seats from Alaska, but can see availability at BA
AS will show JL availability in Asia but nothing to or from the US since yesterday. The problem was mentioned in another thread. I sent a feedback form to AS today asking if they were aware of the issue and also when we might expect a fix. I am not holding my breath. The crackerjack AS IT team strikes again!
Old May 3, 18, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees View Post
AS will show JL availability in Asia but nothing to or from the US since yesterday. The problem was mentioned in another thread. I sent a feedback form to AS today asking if they were aware of the issue and also when we might expect a fix. I am not holding my breath. The crackerjack AS IT team strikes again!
JAL back online now!
Old May 3, 18, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Old May 3, 18, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA, AS
My faith is restored. Thanks AS.
Old May 3, 18, 5:46 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Is it working any better?
Old May 3, 18, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ned View Post
Is it working any better?
Did you read the last three posts in this thread?
Old May 3, 18, 10:27 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by jinglish View Post
Did you read the last three posts in this thread?
I understand you can see availability, but can you book it?
Old May 4, 18, 9:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
JAL search tool is broken

Do you need more than 0 Miles to search properly?

When I search for HKG-NRT/HND or NRT/HND - JFK on AS, the calendar will show 25K (or whatever points required) across the dates, but error for displaying the actual flight options.

Im searching leg by leg.

Anyone else getting the search tool to work? I need to see HKG -TYO (preferably HND) - JFK/ ORD next March.
Old May 4, 18, 10:49 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes View Post
Do you need more than 0 Miles to search properly?
Your mileage balance (or being signed in/out) doesn't matter for search results.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: