Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New route: Seattle-Pittsburgh starting Sept. 6, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr_Tudball
AS198 SEA-PIT September 6, 2018
Handle Seat
beckoa 2A
beckoa+1 2C
Bob W 2D
Mr_Tudball 3A

AS200 PIT-SEA September 9, 2018
Handle Seat
beckoa 2A
beckoa+1 2C
Bob W 2D
Mr_Tudball 4F

Alaska DO™ PIT Edition
September 6-9, 2018
Print Wikipost

New route: Seattle-Pittsburgh starting Sept. 6, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not sure I see the point of AS doing once a day service to new cities. Many potential passengers need a choice of departure/arrival times as well as hope of being rebooked during IROPs onto some flight that's relatively soon so that one's arrival/departure isn't necessarily delayed to the next day at best.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by amolkold
SEA-PIT
8:25am - 4:10pm (4h45m)

PIT-SEA
5:20pm - 7:50pm (5h30m)
Look at that. Flight times that allow connections in SEA on both ends. Amazing! ^
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by beckoa
Was inflight but booked ANC-SEA-PIT & back.

Was lots of U class ^
I am on it too!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Just grabbed myself a seat to join you gents. Will be my first inaugural flight.
did you book FC both ways. The seat map on the return looks wide open

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Nov 15, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Didn't feel like burning the $$$ or miles for F. Just went in PC. Hope everyone up front enjoys their cod and polenta.

Neil
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the problem with Miles and Money bookings is that you can only select “Lowest available” or “Refundable” ... need to call the MVPG desk tomorrow ($23 to upfare G—>K is way better than $79 to buy the Premium seat outright)
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by jrl767
the problem with Miles and Money bookings is that you can only select “Lowest available” or “Refundable” ... need to call the MVPG desk tomorrow ($23 to upfare G—>K is way better than $79 to buy the Premium seat outright)
upfare so you can choose PC seat?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by whimike
I am on it too!

I screwed up my booking initially, I did the wrong date

But AS was able to fix my blunder thankfully.

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Just grabbed myself a seat to join you gents. Will be my first inaugural flight.
did you book FC both ways. The seat map on the return looks wide open
Excellent, the more the merrier. I'm spending a couple nights in PIT thus far...

Originally Posted by missamo80
Didn't feel like burning the $$$ or miles for F. Just went in PC. Hope everyone up front enjoys their cod and polenta.

Neil
For breakfast? Sure beats a shroom quiche

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
upfare so you can choose PC seat?
Certain status levels allow pre-selection of PE seats based off fare class purchased.
flyupfrnt likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:40 am

Maybe I’ll cancel my return and take the Pennsylvania RR up to NYC or something. Had considered renting a car and seeing flight 93 memorial as well.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure I see the point of AS doing once a day service to new cities. Many potential passengers need a choice of departure/arrival times as well as hope of being rebooked during IROPs onto some flight that's relatively soon so that one's arrival/departure isn't necessarily delayed to the next day at best.
But are there enough potential customers to fill two planes a day from the beginning?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Pretty strange... The seat map on the inaugural only shows 1 seat not selected in F, but AS says there are 2 F seats left for purchase. Equally surprising is that GGUs are still available on the flight even though there are only 1-2 seats in F left.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by whimike
Pretty strange... The seat map on the inaugural only shows 1 seat not selected in F, but AS says there are 2 F seats left for purchase. Equally surprising is that GGUs are still available on the flight even though there are only 1-2 seats in F left.
Wow this was wide open yesterday. Lots of U class too.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:56 am

Hi -

I got the last seat in F on 9/6. I think my last GGU for 2017 went to a good cause.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
6A outbound, 6F on the turnaround ... need to save next year's GGUs for the companion fare tix
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I got the last seat in F on 9/6. I think my last GGU for 2017 went to a good cause.
Congrats^ Was burning ones from '18 myself

So, F=U on this flight, and probably most, if not all seats were upgraded?

Originally Posted by jrl767
6A outbound, 6F on the turnaround ... need to save next year's GGUs for the companion fare tix
Companion certs did work on this route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.