Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uh-oh, is coal on the way again?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
So reading between the lines... not only no cookies, no MVPG upgrades again too?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
So reading between the lines... not only no cookies, no MVPG upgrades again too?
Look, we don't know. Only AS knows. I started this thread because of a reaction I had to an e-mail I got. Their choice of using the words "Holiday and Bonus" in an e-mail was unfortunate.

If I had to guess, I'd say nothing again this year - but if we get nothing, the VX's should also get nothing. If they want to give us a little something I feel we should all get the same.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Curious if there has been any news on this. Call it whining if you wish, but they treated their elites last year like dirt. Lets be real, they gave the farm and the GGUs to all of the VX elites that they status matched. We didn't even get coal - but we got to get to have our upgrade chances watered down. Will AS crap on us again?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Well, I know I’m not the only one but, I got like 8 extra GGU’s in 2016 that expired 12/31/17 (all now used so Can be talked about) so who would I be to complain about getting zip in 2017?
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by LaneW
Curious if there has been any news on this?
Bwahahaha you Funny man, funny, funny man. There will be nothing from AS, just like the past several years ��
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Well, I know I’m not the only one but, I got like 8 extra GGU’s in 2016 that expired 12/31/17 (all now used so Can be talked about) so who would I be to complain about getting zip in 2017?
What's unusual about that? You get 4 as Gold, and 4 more at 75K.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
There haven’t been cookies since 2010. Wow. Really?
UAPremierExec and bmvaughn like this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I am still wanting a pony!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by channa
Probably a brain fart. Thanks Channa
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The Grinch appeared in 2017 yet again...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by channa
Maybe you did - but most of us got nothing. Except of course the VX transplants that got status matched, GGUs, full benefits.... nothing for AS "loyal customers". will it be done again this year?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Maybe we all are getting bricks of brie in the mail, with Chesters face implanted in the wax. Could explain the shortages in the cheese/fruit platter.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Sorry (but not overly so) to row against the current here, but I just want to go on record as saying I have zero complaints with Alaska's end-of-year offerings or lack of same.

I've been a 75K every year since that tier has been attainable and throughout that time Alaska Airlines has always treated me like royalty with warm, personal recognition and thanks on every flight along with great perks such as upgrades, quality preflight seat assignments in the main cabin, free drinks and the waiving of almost all ancillary fees related to air travel.

Maybe I'm missing something here and really ought to be less thankful, but in the 41 years and 1500+ flights since my first flight with Alaska in 1976, Alaska Airlines and I have had a great relationship, one that has rewarded me with a ton of miles (and unlike other airlines continues to do so) and really doesn't require any end of season gifts because I honestly feel showered with them throughout the year.

Thanks, Alaska!
SuperDudley likes this.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Dec 14, 2017 at 11:26 am
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Sorry (but not overly so) to row against the current here, but I just want to go on record as saying I have zero complaints with Alaska's end-of-year offerings or lack of same.

I've been a 75K every year since that tier has been attainable and throughout that time Alaska Airlines has always treated me like royalty with warm, personal recognition and thanks on every flight along with great perks such as upgrades, quality preflight seat assignments in the main cabin, free drinks and the waiving of almost all ancillary fees related to air travel.

Maybe I'm missing something here and really ought to be less thankful, but in the 41 years and 1500+ flights since my first flight with Alaska in 1976, Alaska Airlines and I have had a great relationship, one that really doesn't require any end of season gifts because I honestly feel showered with them throughout the year.

Thanks, Alaska!
I'd probably feel the same if I were 75K. But I have to tell you, attaining Gold as an all-leisure traveler has not been easy - not that AS should care about that, but 40,000 miles, all leisure, no work-related, all on our dime, has been a tough (but pleasurable, since we DID get to go all those places), schedule to keep up for the past few years.

Those of us who are "just" Gold do not get showered with gifts all year long...very few upgrades any more, etc...so our experience, after seeing the VX's get showered last year while we got nothing, does sting.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'd probably feel the same if I were 75K. But I have to tell you, attaining Gold as an all-leisure traveler has not been easy - not that AS should care about that, but 40,000 miles, all leisure, no work-related, all on our dime, has been a tough (but pleasurable, since we DID get to go all those places), schedule to keep up for the past few years.

Those of us who are "just" Gold do not get showered with gifts all year long...very few upgrades any more, etc...so our experience, after seeing the VX's get showered last year while we got nothing, does sting.

I was 75K up until this year when I dropped to Gold due to extensive medical problems that prevented me from traveling as much as I would have liked. My travel has been all on my own dime. I concur with Seat 2A's comments that Alaska Air treats elite passengers well.

And for the record, my friend Seat 2A is an "all-leisue traveler" who has attained Million Miler status on Alaska Air as well has holding 75K status each year since its inception. He does not travel for business, nor does he travel on someone else's dime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.