Community
Wiki Posts
Search

row 6 or exit row better?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
Exit row - never have to deal with a baby or kid in the row, which sometimes is nice
Car seats and lap infants aren't allowed in row 6 either because of the airbag seat belts.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I haven't been in Alaska Economy exit row in a long time. Isn't Row 6 automatically in premium class and exit row automatically not in premium class? So Row 6 will get you a snack box and free alcohol?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I haven't been in Alaska Economy exit row in a long time. Isn't Row 6 automatically in premium class and exit row automatically not in premium class? So Row 6 will get you a snack box and free alcohol?
You apparently also haven't been looking at the list of threads in this forum lately. Or else this should jumped out at you:
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You apparently also haven't been looking at the list of threads in this forum lately. Or else this should jumped out at you:

Has this been confirmed? We sat in 6A & 6B on Flight 421 LAX-SEA on Sunday15/10/17 8:45 PM departure, both MVPG (we both reached MVPG75K on this itinerary). The FA addressed us by name and thanked us for our loyalty, We were served the Snack Box and a beverage and was told she would return with the chocolate bar which she did. Cart returned for a second round. First was served plated warm cookies.

I mostly fly First but when behind the partition I will choose row 17 (never 16) on older configured aircraft and 6 on the new configuration. I prefer the shade style hard partition to the curtain as you can see over row 4 seats in first and it feels more spacious. I also like to be the first (after first &#128521 off the plane.

The power outlet is never a problem as I carry a fast charger and plug that into the electrical outlet rather than using the USB port. Relatively small and easy to throw into your carry-on.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Has this been confirmed?
It's not confirmed as policy. But apparently it has removed from the website as a listed benefit (per a recent post in that thread).

It is confirmed as an intermittent problem. Not on every flight by any means, but on some flights. Ie, you can't depend on it currently.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by jinglish
6B and 6C are the designated handicapped seats, so there's a chance you could get booted. Pick the right side of the aisle or just stick with 17.
Hello,

Is this also true of VX planes? (Airbus A321)

Have those seats 6B/C for upcoming Hawaii - West coast flight and might change if its also the same deal.

Thanks for any replies ^
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

Is this also true of VX planes? (Airbus A321)

Have those seats 6B/C for upcoming Hawaii - West coast flight and might change if its also the same deal.

Thanks for any replies ^
No, Y/MCS rows on the VX birds start at 3. You're not at the bulkhead, so I doubt those are handicapped seats.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
No, Y/MCS rows on the VX birds start at 3. You're not at the bulkhead, so I doubt those are handicapped seats.
Thanks Jinglish for your reply
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
And selecting 3C or 3D on a VX A320 will give a message that you can be bumped by a handicapped passenger in those seats.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hi, how do I know if my aircraft has the curtain divider between F and row 6 which confers more leg room? Currently showing 739.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
pretty sure all 738s and 739s have curtains; hard bulkhead is only on the 73Gs iirc
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
pretty sure all 738s and 739s have curtains; hard bulkhead is only on the 73Gs iirc
All Alaska 737s have the curtain/partial divider. The last planes with a hard bulkhead between F and Y were the 734s which have been retired.

However, the A320 series still have the purple bulkhead with IFE screens, at least until Alaska rips them out, at which point I'm assuming it will be a curtain only.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
All Alaska 737s have the curtain/partial divider. The last planes with a hard bulkhead between F and Y were the 734s which have been retired.

However, the A320 series still have the purple bulkhead with IFE screens, at least until Alaska rips them out, at which point I'm assuming it will be a curtain only.
the day the F seats get ripped out will be a very sad day indeed. Flying as many pmVX flights as possible through the spring.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I use to be a die hard row 6 kinda guy, but after a few flights in row 17 (exit), I'm sold on the leg room which beats row 6 by far. I don't drink alcohol so the loss of the premium economy free drink doesn't matter. The side benefit of row 17 is that I don't have to worry quite as much about the cart blocking my way to the lav.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I use to be a die hard row 6 kinda guy, but after a few flights in row 17 (exit), I'm sold on the leg room which beats row 6 by far. I don't drink alcohol so the loss of the premium economy free drink doesn't matter. The side benefit of row 17 is that I don't have to worry quite as much about the cart blocking my way to the lav.
On the Airbus, that's also a premium seat.

In F I like the bulkhead but in econ I will take the exit row over the bulkhead if both are premium. Rear exit row (previously 10, now 17) window seat (preferably F) is my favorite on the Airbus.

I do like my free drinks though so if 17 is not premium I'll usually select it, but change to a premium seat (hopefully 6F) when I'm able to for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.