Wiki Posts
Search

Warning: DAL/DFW are *not* co terminals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Warning: DAL/DFW are *not* co terminals

Just found out the hard way that we can't SDC between DAL & DFW like we can to some other airports. The res agent has been super cool & helpful, but just wanted to keep people aware of which airport they are flying into and the limited services at both
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Um, even if they were co-terminals you couldn't SDC to a different airport. From https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...t-changes.aspx

You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed.
Neil
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by missamo80
Um, even if they were co-terminals you couldn't SDC to a different airport. From https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...t-changes.aspx

Neil
I think some can override it, cant remember if it has to be in person or not.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

I've been able to switch to different airports in the LA basin...

Maybe that's an unwritten 75K perk?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
I care nothing about SDC or whatever, I only care about IRROPS.
And the idea that DAL and DFW are NOT coterminals has me saying...
....WHAT?!?!?!!??!?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
IROPS recovery (i.e., something that works for the passenger, such as DAL vs DFW or SNA vs LAX) generally takes precedence over literal conformity to published fare rules (i.e., no change of routing, no co-terminals, etc)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by Legend717
I care nothing about SDC or whatever, I only care about IRROPS.
And the idea that DAL and DFW are NOT coterminals has me saying...
....WHAT?!?!?!!??!?
Originally Posted by jrl767
IROPS recovery (i.e., something that works for the passenger, such as DAL vs DFW or SNA vs LAX) generally takes precedence over literal conformity to published fare rules (i.e., no change of routing, no co-terminals, etc)
Alaska doesn't seem to care about whether or not airports are coterminals during irrops. If my PUW-SEA flight is cancelled, they happily send me to LWS or GEG if I were to ask.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I've been able to switch to different airports in the LA basin...

Maybe that's an unwritten 75K perk?
Sort of, in that Golds/75K get standby, and ticket rules sometimes allow coterminal standby.

Will AS ever allow you to standby to a different airport, say SFO instead of OAK

That or they are just ignoring the ticket rules.

But SDC has NEVER allowed coterminal change.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ed-change.html

Here's the applicable fare rules on a SEA-DAL ticket, fare basis K21VN5:
D.STANDBY AVAILABLE ONLY FOR IDENTICAL ROUTINGS - SAME ORIGIN/ DESTINATION/ CONNECTION/ THRU CITY. CHANGES BETWEEN CO-TERMINALS ARE PROHIBITED.
F. SAME DAY CONFIRMED FLIGHT CHANGE AVAILABLE ONLY FOR IDENTICAL ROUTINGS -SAME ORIGIN / DESTINATION/ CONNECTION / THRU CITY IF APPLICABLE . CHANGES BETWEEN CO-TERMINALS ARE PROHIBITED.
The same restriction exists on full F (fare basis V21N2).
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
DFW and DAL aren't on the list of co-terminals in Alaska's Contract of Carriage.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
DFW and DAL aren't on the list of co-terminals in Alaska's Contract of Carriage.
thank you professor, may I please have another?

once again, during IROPS recovery, it's rather easy to get rerouted into a nearby airport regardless of what's explicitly stated in the fare rules or the CoC
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Apparently we can no longer SDC an itinerary that has a VX segment in an AS itinerary anymore. Res told me this morning & AS CSA in Juneau also said the same this morning.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:01 pm

Apparently we can no longer SDC an itinerary that has a VX segment in an AS itinerary anymore. Res told me this morning & AS CSA in Juneau also said the same this morning.
No longer? I thought we were waiting for AS-to-VX and the reverse SDC to be available
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ugh, I have VX on Fri (LAX-SEA, 905pm) -- would REALLY like to get AS at either 555 or 715, so **hoping** they cut my P ticket some slack when I call in tomorrow evening
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Since when has SDC been available on VX segments?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...t-changes.aspx

Eligibility

To qualify for the $25 same day confirmed change:

You must be holding confirmed reservations and tickets for flights operated by Alaska Airlines.
Exact same wording back in March.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170311...t-changes.aspx

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
No longer? I thought we were waiting for AS-to-VX and the reverse SDC to be available
Why would this ever happen? Problem goes away end of April when VX tickets and flights go away and everything is an AS ticket on an AS flight. Given how many issues DON'T have expiration dates (EK awards, etc) why waste time fixing a problem that a) nobody ever promised you could do and b) goes away in six months?

ugh, I have VX on Fri (LAX-SEA, 905pm) -- would REALLY like to get AS at either 555 or 715, so **hoping** they cut my P ticket some slack when I call in tomorrow evening
Given the wording above I wouldn't count on it. You can always ask nicely at the airport I guess.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Oct 11, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Why would this ever happen? Problem goes away end of April when VX tickets and flights go away and everything is an AS ticket on an AS flight. Given how many issues DON'T have expiration dates (EK awards, etc) why waste time fixing a problem that a) nobody ever promised you could do and b) goes away in six months?
Maybe because they want to offer a better, more seamless, consistent product for their customers? We'll all survive if we don't get it until April 25 but it would be nice for everyone to be able to do this now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.