FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1869418-bank-america-visa-personal-business-2017-later.html)

JustineG Sep 28, 2017 12:15 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 28865190)
Your CR is irrelevant. :rolleyes:

My first try years ago, I did a double app, and the first one was approved as a Plat, and the second one was denied as a "duplicate". I called Recon right away, and the CSR opened and immediately approved the second app as a Sig, with no questions and no time at all spent looking at my CR. So then I just cancelled the first app during the Recon call.

If you look back thru this thread you will find post after post of folks who were only approved for a Plat, but when they called Recon they were almost instantly approved for a product change to a Sig. Only problem is that product change takes over 2 months to complete. :rolleyes:

Apparently B/A judges apps using a Magic 8 ball. Whether you get approved depends on if the ball says "yes", "no", or "only for a Plat". :p

the way Flyertalk organizes threads is really difficult IMO. I mean this is an 87 page thread. I wish they could just separate things with individual titles or at least the question. I use the search and everything, but it's a nightmare trying to get information on here. I usually go to Tripadvisor because it's much easier to read through things on there versus here, but this forum is more specific to credit cards and programs.

RobertHanson Sep 28, 2017 10:08 am

Originally Posted by JustineG (Post 28867902)
the way Flyertalk organizes threads is really difficult IMO. I mean this is an 87 page thread. I wish they could just separate things with individual titles or at least the question. I use the search and everything, but it's a nightmare trying to get information on here. I usually go to Tripadvisor because it's much easier to read through things on there versus here, but this forum is more specific to credit cards and programs.

Ain't it the truth... :(

PV_Premier Sep 29, 2017 8:30 am

the link in the wiki for the 100$ stmt credit + 30K + 22$ cf is broken. is that offer no longer active or does the link just need to be updated?

sdsearch Sep 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 28873364)
the link in the wiki for the 100$ stmt credit + 30K + 22$ cf is broken. is that offer no longer active or does the link just need to be updated?

Actually, I think someone tried to "simplify" the link and did in error.

I think I found the matching link from the other thread (in the Credit Cards forum), and put it here.

The issue is that when you click that link with "campaignid" numbers in it, BofA resolves that to a simple generic link:

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go

but you cannot go that simple generic link directly and have it work (since that generic link is generated for every BofA card, not just the Alaska card). Yet someone had copied that simple generic link into the wiki, and that was why it wasn't working.

So the only question is whether I copied the right link back. It seems to say "$22" in the page it pulls up, so I'm guessing it's probably the right link. (Over in the other thread, there's no mention of "$22" in the link description in the wiki.)

rustykettel Sep 29, 2017 2:28 pm

You should also be able to get that offer by doing a dummy booking on alaskaair.com and going to the checkout page. Credit card offer should be on the right by the payment details and can abandon the booking after applying.

arles Nov 1, 2017 11:36 am

AS Visa - $75 flight disc after $250 spend

Received the following email for my BofA AS Visa Signature card (no registration needed):

Save $75 on an upcoming Alaska Airlines flight after qualifying purchases.*

Hey there Alaska Airlines Visa SignatureŽ cardholder. We want you to take full advantage of all the benefits of your card, and have an amazing offer for you to check out.

You will receive a $75 flight discount after you spend $250 or more in purchases with your Alaska Airlines Visa SignatureŽ credit card at qualifying department, electronics, toy, book and sporting goods stores from now through December 31, 2017, so don’t delay.*
And the fine print:

*To be eligible for this offer, your account must be open with charging privileges. You will receive a $75 flight discount on future travel if you make purchases of $250 or more with your card, minus returns, credits, and adjustments (“Purchases”) at eligible merchants in the following categories: (a) Department Stores; (b) Electronics Stores; (c) Computers and Computer Peripheral Equipment and Software Stores; (d) Hobby, Toy and Game Shops; (e) Book Stores; (f) Sporting Goods Stores, Sports Apparel and Riding Apparel Stores from now through December 31, 2017. Please note, superstores, discount stores and warehouse clubs are not included in this list. Merchants are assigned a merchant category code (MCC) based upon the merchant’s primary line of business. We do not determine which MCC a merchant chooses to classify itself. We group similar MCCs into purchase categories to offer bonus rewards to you. Purchases processed through merchants that do not process transactions under the eligible MCC and purchases processed through third-party payment accounts (e.g. PayPal) will not qualify to receive bonus rewards. We reserve the right to verify eligibility of all transactions. If your account is converted to a different rewards program or to a card without a rewards program during the offer timeframe, the offer is no longer valid. Allow up to 12 weeks from the end of the promotion for the $75 flight discount code to appear in your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ online account. You must use ‘My Account’ to access the $75 flight discount code at alaskaair.com. The discount code can only be used on Alaska Airlines flights and is not valid on partner airlines. The $75 flight discount code will expire one year from the date issued to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan online account.

bosca418 Nov 1, 2017 12:50 pm

Is this targeted?

arles Nov 1, 2017 1:35 pm

It might be targeted since it is coming from BofA. I only use my card for AS travel and haven't purchased an AS ticket for a few months. But it does seems to be targeted towards encouraging me to spend on the card for holiday shopping.

91foxbody Nov 1, 2017 3:41 pm

I got this email as well.

channa Nov 1, 2017 6:59 pm

Neither of us got this. But we use our cards on occasion. I wonder what drove this.

sdsearch Nov 1, 2017 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 29006409)
Neither of us got this. But we use our cards on occasion. I wonder what drove this.

I got this earlier this year. They seems to send it out several months before your renewal date (in my case, toward the end of my first year with the card). I can't remember (from the previous discussion somewhere on FT this spring/summer) whether only people in their first year of the card got this, or people who've had the card more than one year got it too.

So when you get it depends on when your statement year cycles, and how long you've had the card may matter too.

It seems to be done as an enticement to get you to not cancel the card (since it gives you a credit equal to the annual fee that's coming up in a few months), but in my case the $75 credit from this promo posted a couple months before my annual fee actually posted, so I was able to get the discount and still cancel the card no problem once the annual fee came due.

arles Nov 1, 2017 8:48 pm

Maybe they have caught on - I just paid my annual fee last month so they already have me on the hook for another year. I never made the connection between the credit and the annual fee and thought it was just a year-end promotion.

Bretmd Nov 1, 2017 9:08 pm

I think there may be something to the idea that this offer is targeted at the end of the first year of cardmembership.

I got the offer on a card I opened in January. Nothing for the other AS card that I've had open for years.

SO got an offer like this last year and it was also the end of his first year with the card. His card is still open; nothing offered for him this year.

beckoa Nov 1, 2017 10:41 pm

I've never seen one of those offers on my AS visa. Granted I don't use it regularly, just onboard and when I buy flights. But those flights do add up :o

gnomey Nov 2, 2017 12:14 am

$75 flight discount offer is given near the time or a few months before AF is due. Got the same for my card last time, met the spend, ensure the discount code posted to my AS account, then cancel the BOA card

no problems- discount code still exist in my account and unused.