Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Press release (2022-1-18) announcing higher fee, benefit changes, and new requirement to spend $6000/year to receive companion fare

BAGGAGE BENEFIT EXPLAINED:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-visa-bag-free

As an additional resource for these cards see the thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...s-now-30k.html

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read
this post. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Consumer card offers sorted by value of SUB assuming $.01 per mile
  • 50K miles:
    • https://www.alaskaair.com/content/credit-card/visa-small-business-caApplication Profile Must Exactly Match Alaska Profile: If you put your Mileage Plan number on the application, be sure that all personal information matches what's in your Alaska profile. If there's even a slight difference, Bank of America is known to assign a new Mileage Plan number. In that case you will likely need to contact AS to merge the 2 accounts and/or BOA to change their number of file. BOA might also send a new plastic credit card. For the business visa, BOA is known to create a new Mileage Plan number even if everything matches.

Expired offers:
Print Wikipost

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Awesome! Are you found out, Companion Certificates work on open-jaw itineraries too. They are very flexible. I like to extract $500 value out of my certificates at a minimum. $1100 is my best performance. Make sure your family has Mileage Plan accounts for accruing miles too. You might want to consider Hawaii or Costa Rica for your next vacation with a companion certificate.

James
lpuntase likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Too high credit limit on other BofA Visa...how to get a signature visa on new app?

I have no fee B of A card downgraded several years ago from a BofA AS visa. My credit limit on this card is high. The last time I applied for a BofA AS visa I was downgraded to a platinum whatever and instead of getting 25k I got 3K miles. After much going about I was upgraded to the higher card but had to fight for the additional miles....which I eventually got.

I want to apply for a new B of A Visa card but I am afraid I will again be bumped down because of the high limit I have on my existing no fee card.

Calls to CS say they can decrease my credit limit but they don't recommend it. Calls to the new card application CS say " take your chances...we can't do anything" until you get a decision"

Thoughts?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by david55
I have no fee B of A card downgraded several years ago from a BofA AS visa. My credit limit on this card is high. The last time I applied for a BofA AS visa I was downgraded to a platinum whatever and instead of getting 25k I got 3K miles. After much going about I was upgraded to the higher card but had to fight for the additional miles....which I eventually got.

I want to apply for a new B of A Visa card but I am afraid I will again be bumped down because of the high limit I have on my existing no fee card.

Calls to CS say they can decrease my credit limit but they don't recommend it. Calls to the new card application CS say " take your chances...we can't do anything" until you get a decision"

Thoughts?
In my experience they have automatically reduced the limit on an old rarely used card and approved the Signature card. Obviously YMMV.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Is the 40,000 bonus mile offer gone? I just went to sign up and the AS homepage only has the old 30,000 mile offer....
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Is the 40,000 bonus mile offer gone? I just went to sign up and the AS homepage only has the old 30,000 mile offer....
I still see 40k! Just checked.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:57 am

I signed up for the card yesterday, however, I had to use this trick with a Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox plugin in order to get the 40,000 miles offer in lieu of the standard 30k from the website: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/how-a...e-alaska-link/
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by CREN
I signed up for the card yesterday, however, I had to use this trick with a Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox plugin in order to get the 40,000 miles offer in lieu of the standard 30k from the website: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/how-a...e-alaska-link/

Also the 40K offer requires 2K spend.

James
CREN and SpicyMorale like this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Or it appears you can just use a device you haven't logged in on recently. I still get the 30k offer on my laptop, but checked on my phone and got the 40k offer there, so I applied and was approved.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or it appears you can just use a device you haven't logged in on recently. I still get the 30k offer on my laptop, but checked on my phone and got the 40k offer there, so I applied and was approved.
I was curious about this. I checked the AS web page and saw the 30k offer. I turned of uBlock Origin and refreshed the page and it switched to the 40k offer. Turned uBlock Origin back on and it went back to 30k after refresh. I'm not sure what they are basing it on exactly.

I applied and got approved through an email link (40k) a few days ago. It was my first BoA card in a long time so it looks like I should be able to get a 2nd 40k offer pretty easily (they don't seem to stop the 40k offers when you get a card)
CREN likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:11 pm

Dumb question - pretty sure I know the answer but just to double check - I keep the companion fare cert in my AS account even if I close the card, right? The companion fare code for the 2nd calendar year posted, as did the AF on the card. I'm going to cancel the card (unless retention offers me something) but am hoping the companion fare cert will stick around in my AS account.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Dumb question - pretty sure I know the answer but just to double check - I keep the companion fare cert in my AS account even if I close the card, right? The companion fare code for the 2nd calendar year posted, as did the AF on the card. I'm going to cancel the card (unless retention offers me something) but am hoping the companion fare cert will stick around in my AS account.
Yes, it will remain in your Mileage Plan account.

James
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've been seeing the 30K and 40K offers randomly. I did book a flight a couple nights back and got the $100 statement credit plus 30K miles... if it was 40K and the credit... hmm.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:07 pm
Original Member

New restriction:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

It was good while it lasted. Took them long enough to get wise to us.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by pgary
New restriction:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

It was good while it lasted. Took them long enough to get wise to us.
Is this new this week? My wife and I each added a 2nd and 3rd card respectively after Christmas but before the New Year.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by williwaw
Is this new this week? My wife and I each added a 2nd and 3rd card respectively after Christmas but before the New Year.
Yes,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.