Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Press release (2022-1-18) announcing higher fee, benefit changes, and new requirement to spend $6000/year to receive companion fare

BAGGAGE BENEFIT EXPLAINED:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-visa-bag-free

As an additional resource for these cards see the thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...s-now-30k.html

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read
this post. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Consumer card offers sorted by value of SUB assuming $.01 per mile
Business card offer:Application Profile Must Exactly Match Alaska Profile: If you put your Mileage Plan number on the application, be sure that all personal information matches what's in your Alaska profile. If there's even a slight difference, Bank of America is known to assign a new Mileage Plan number. In that case you will likely need to contact AS to merge the 2 accounts and/or BOA to change their number of file. BOA might also send a new plastic credit card. For the business visa, BOA is known to create a new Mileage Plan number even if everything matches.

Expired offers:
Print Wikipost

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Old May 20, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Just got this card and set up online account access. Apparently there is no way to autopay the CC bill every month in full - is this true?

I Googled and only found references to this link: https://choosedirectdebit.bankofamerica.com/ but it is not active anymore. The BofA website does let me set up recurring payments, but only for a fixed amount, not to whatever my statement balance is. How backasswards. Anyways, just wanted to check here in case there is a workaround.
If you choose "Set up a recurring payment plan" then you can only choose a fixed amount.

But if you choose "Set up an e-Bill initiated payment plan", you will be able to choose between fixed amount / minimum payment / total amount due / total account balance.

You have to set up the card to send you an e-Bill for this option to be available, and IIRC you can only do this after you receive the first bill. So check back in a month and you should be able to set up the automatic payment for full balance due.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:06 am

Thank you for the information. They actually seemed more interested in my mortgage information than my income.

If you get a verbal denial, will you also get a written denial? I am wondering when I should re-apply.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by Bbcei
But if you choose "Set up an e-Bill initiated payment plan", you will be able to choose between fixed amount / minimum payment / total amount due / total account balance.

You have to set up the card to send you an e-Bill for this option to be available, and IIRC you can only do this after you receive the first bill. So check back in a month and you should be able to set up the automatic payment for full balance due.
Just got an email from BofA stating I will receive ebills from my CC and that I can set them up to autopay thru the method you outline. Thanks!
Old May 24, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
I'm very interested in the card with that BOGO offer, but i dont think i would be able to use it until next summer. Any idea how much longer that offer will last? Also how long is the Companion code good for? any way to extend it?
Old May 24, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS
I believe it goes to July.
I just applied today, as I was also unsure how much longer it would stick around.
The Companion Code will be posted to your account after your $1000 spend and statement payment. You have 3 months for the $1000 spend.
The date will be one year from the day it posts to your Alaska Mile Plan account. I figure that once I get the card, I will have the required spend with first statement. Then get CC 2-3 weeks after payment posts.
So mine will be good until probably end of July 2018. You can book it and then change it later, to extend the CC.
AF is not waived the first year. It will appear right away.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Good golly, applied for the card and instant approval on Friday 5/12.
Not till 5/22 did I get an email to tell me that it was just mailed.
And now just waiting for it to arrive in the mail having been bulk mailed.
I don't actually remember waiting this long for a credit card to arrive...yes, yes I know 7-10 business days to receive. Chase says the same thing but usually get the card in 4 business days max.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yes BoA is a bit slow with its product
Old May 25, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Still a little confused about the whole 5/24 rule from chase would his card count against me the next time I apply for a chase rewards card?
Old May 25, 2017, 9:35 am

Yes, it would. All CC applications that have a hard pull.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Are there any DP's about churning business cards?

1. How long should the card stay open before closing?
2. How soon to apply for another business card?
Old May 26, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by layoverdan
Still a little confused about the whole 5/24 rule from chase would his card count against me the next time I apply for a chase rewards card?
The personal card would count towards 5/24. The business card won't count towards 5/24. If you want to avoid Chase 5/24 problems, only apply for business cards.

Originally Posted by pcoll
Wrong. Chase doesn't count pulls for 5/24. Chase counts all the bank cards on your credit report that show an "opened on" date in the past 24 months.

Since BofA (and most* other banks') business cards don't show up on (personal) credit reports, BofA business cards are "invisible" to Chase's 5/24 process.

*Capital One business cards do report to (personal) credit bureaus. But BofA, Barclay, Chase, Citi, Amex, and US Bank business cards don't.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
NO, not if it's a business card. Chase's 5/24 rule does not look at HPs. It only looks at cards actually opened, as shown on the Credit Report. Business cards do entail an HP, but they don't show up on a CR as long as there is no problem, such as missed payments, etc. The only business cards that might be a problem for 5/24 are Chase business cards, which seems to be a YMMV matter.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:54 pm

Link for AS Visa CC Referral?

Link for AS Visa CC Referral?

Hi, I'm trying to send a friend a link for the AS visa card application.

I've put in the information here:

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/MGMap...ge?cid=4018040

linking it to my mileageplan so I'd get the bonus, but no email has been received. I even tried it to 5 different email accounts I have and nothing ever goes through. I tried 2 email accounts for my friend and it also doesn't go through.

I checked on the status of it and it says sent, but no emails have been received

Anyone have a link that they can share and I will just modify it to include my mileageplan number?

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:05 pm

NM, figured it out. THanks
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:14 am

Data Point with current BOGO companion promotion.
I have had AS Visa cards over the years.Have not had one for 2 years. (Even with BofA additional 10,000 bonus)

Did apply for current promotion with $100 statement credit portal. Received immediate approval online.
Did notice that the AF posted to account as soon as card was activated.
Rep on phone was not able to confirm I would receive the $100 statement credit upon required spend. Received letter from AS later confirming.
AF on first statement.
Required spend just met and will be on next statement.
Should show statement credit and will check Mileage Plan account for code.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.