Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How is Virgin America's F for a vegetarian?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

I know Alaska isn't too grand with meal options for vegetarians when flying in F... totally different compared to Delta, that's for sure. I'm looking at taking a SEA to LAX flight toward the end of October and thinking about making use of my Amex MR transfer ability to Virgin before that option goes away. How is flying Virgin in F? Do they allow you to pre-select meals or at least request a special meal option (vegetarian) etc.

Also, side question, does Virgin have the same horribly slow internet that Alaska does, or is their fleet using Ku band stuff that might actually be useable when using an iPad or iPhone to surf the web/facebook...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
While there may or may not be a veg option up front, historically (and I don't think anything has yet changed), you can request any item from the back, and there are veg options back there - a snack box, perhaps a cheese plate (don't know if that route offers it), etc.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Usually in F there is a vegetarian option. I'd mention you want that as soon as you board. Some of the newest planes have newest Ku WiFi and it's good, but the large majority of VX planes have older Gogo.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ptownca
Usually in F there is a vegetarian option. I'd mention you want that as soon as you board. Some of the newest planes have newest Ku WiFi and it's good, but the large majority of VX planes have older Gogo.
Do you know if there is anyway to tell from online or while you're booking if that route is usually serviced with a plane that has the Ku? I know they can always swap metal out before departure, but just curious to see.

Also... I know I know this is an Alaska Airlines section, but if it wasn't going to cost any different, would you say fly Virgin Airlines F from SEA to LAX or Delta? I've done the route before with Delta but never been on Virgin. (I have access to the Cent lounge in SEA and I'll roll the dice with priority pass in LAX)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by acarney
Do you know if there is anyway to tell from online or while you're booking if that route is usually serviced with a plane that has the Ku? I know they can always swap metal out before departure, but just curious to see.

Also... I know I know this is an Alaska Airlines section, but if it wasn't going to cost any different, would you say fly Virgin Airlines F from SEA to LAX or Delta? I've done the route before with Delta but never been on Virgin. (I have access to the Cent lounge in SEA and I'll roll the dice with priority pass in LAX)
VX. The seats (assuming they function properly, but I've not had any material issues) are the best non-lie-flats in the skies.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by acarney
Like 2 or 3 planes last I heard. So few its not worth knowing.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Mod note: Just a reminder that until VX goes away, VX comments and questions should be posted in the Virgin America | Elevate forum.

dayone, AS/VX Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.