Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Who should be the next AS partner?

[Speculation] Who should be the next AS partner?

Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by felicidad76
How can we find out when KLM/AF partnership expires? Would Alaska let us know if we call or there is no way to get that info?
Nobody said the KLM/AF parnternship is expiring! You replied to a post where someone said they expected the KLM/AF partnership to go away at some point. That was one person's opinion!

No such expiration has been announced. This thread is purely speculation. Why would you expect Alaska Airlines to comment on speculation in a FlyerTalk thread?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Nobody said the KLM/AF parnternship is expiring! You replied to a post where someone said they expected the KLM/AF partnership to go away at some point. That was one person's opinion!

No such expiration has been announced. This thread is purely speculation. Why would you expect Alaska Airlines to comment on speculation in a FlyerTalk thread?
To be fair, I think they were asking about the partnership contract expiration/renewal date. But airlines never make that public.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by jinglish
To be fair, I think they were asking about the partnership contract expiration/renewal date. But airlines never make that public.
yes, I was just curious for partnership renewal date.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by TProphet
Given that this is a speculation thread, here's who I consider most likely:

- Interjet: Alaska needs a partner to reach secondary cities in Mexico. Interjet is a quality operation and serves many Alaska cities. This would be a mutually beneficial relationship because Alaska will provide reach they don't have in the Pacific Northwest. The two carriers do compete on some routes, but Alaska has often had partners that compete on some routes. This can be a win-win.
Big fan of the Interjet option, who already has a codeshare agreement with AA https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...s/interjet.jsp.
Something more extensive - for both earn AND burn - would be a great add.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by diver858
Big fan of the Interjet option, who already has a codeshare agreement with AA https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...s/interjet.jsp.
Something more extensive - for both earn AND burn - would be a great add.
..........and in October they start YVR-MEX
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i hope it is QR. QR has lax service. AA is ending code sharing with QR.

I know EK is a partner, but it shouldnt stop QR to become another partner.

just like JAL KE CX and SQ are all partners as AS is providing feed to them at a equal basis. (i assume)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
i hope it is QR. QR has lax service. AA is ending code sharing with QR.

I know EK is a partner, but it shouldnt stop QR to become another partner.

just like JAL KE CX and SQ are all partners as AS is providing feed to them at a equal basis. (i assume)
i hope they have no partner from me3. I refuse to fly on
airlines from countries where women and minorities have limited rights. It's just hypocrytical
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:18 pm

True Partnership

Regardless of who Alaska picks (if anyone) to be an incremental partner beyond their current relationships, my request is a simple one: make premium cabin seats available as part of the agreement, even if it's a higher price. Many of us are more constrained by dates and time than by miles, and I would really like Alaska to take seriously the partnerships that they have. Making a few scattered coach seats available on global partners isn't my idea of a useful partnership. So, whether another global partner or a domestic / North America one, I'd really like a partnership that results in reasonable award seat availability.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
airlines from countries where women and minorities have limited rights. It's just hypocrytical
But it's fine to fly on aircraft powered by aviation fuel that comes from oil produced by those countries (a revenue source far more relevant to their political survival than any airline revenues will ever be)?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by milypan
But it's fine to fly on aircraft powered by aviation fuel that comes from oil produced by those countries (a revenue source far more relevant to their political survival than any airline revenues will ever be)?
not as much these days
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by milypan
also. fly on countries who is selling over 100B to a country who has no democracy and oppressed women.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I have you ever been to Qatar or the UAE? They're not perfect, but they're not Saudi Arabia either. I even saw a woman wearing yoga pants at the Dubai Mall.

And if you don't want to fly on airlines from countries with minority treatment issues, you should probably swear off SQ too.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:50 pm

I have you ever been to Qatar or the UAE? They're not perfect, but they're not Saudi Arabia either. I even saw a woman wearing yoga pants at the Dubai Mall.

And if you don't want to fly on airlines from countries with minority treatment issues, you should probably swear off SQ too.
Exactly
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K

Well OP should probably stick with US carriers only.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
And if you don't want to fly on airlines from countries with minority treatment issues
Originally Posted by CDKing
Well OP should probably stick with US carriers only.

At the risk of going WAAAAAAY into OMNI-land, it wouldn't be too hard to find someone who argues the United States of America has minority treatment issues. All kinds of countries have realities that don't match the pretty words written in statute books. If your standard is "well, I want the laws to say ____", North Korea IS a Democratic People's Republic, it says so right in the name! So it must be OK to fly Air Koryo...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Sep 21, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.