Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Is there a "Best" seat on OO's operated CRJ-200?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a "Best" seat on OO's operated CRJ-200?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Question Is there a "Best" seat on OO's operated CRJ-200?

It's been over a decade since I've been on a CRJ-200, voluntarily or not. And I don't think ever with QX's ops (they only operated the 700 series aircraft).

As I have several segments coming up on them (involuntarily), is there a good seat on them at all? Does Bulkhead or Exit Row have any extra legroom? Those are both marked as "priority" on AS' site.

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
They used to fly SEA-COS and they are miserable on all counts.

The only slightly less miserable is row 1, left side, aisle. You can at least stick your feet out into the entryway a bit.

And you get off the miserable aircraft first.

The exit rows are a joke in terms of any extra seat pitch.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I didn't realize OO has CRJ-200 flying for AS anymore - thought it was only -700. But I checked a few SEA-PDX flights and sure enough: 13 rows. Were these only recently brought out due to QX ops, or have these torture chambers been flying for a while now?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
There's a reason they call these planes "the devil's chariot" over in the UA forum...lol....
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sturges
I didn't realize OO has CRJ-200 flying for AS anymore - thought it was only -700. But I checked a few SEA-PDX flights and sure enough: 13 rows. Were these only recently brought out due to QX ops, or have these torture chambers been flying for a while now?
Recently my Oct. BOI-SEA flt was switched to this dreaded aircraft. My only solace is that it's a ~75 min. flight.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It's very recent with QX' Ops and pilot issues...

I was afraid of all this information...

Imagine row 1 has fixed armrests, how about 8 (exit row) on OO?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Were these only recently brought out due to QX ops, or have these torture chambers been flying for a while now?
It's because of the QX fiasco.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jinglish
It's because of the QX fiasco.
Going to have to live with it, at least for awhile. Think of all the things we have to be thankful for.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by philemer
Going to have to live with it, at least for awhile. Think of all the things we have to be thankful for.
I'm thankful that I'm moving to SEA soon-ish and won't have QX scheduling problems to worry about thanks to the lack of PDX-SEA connections.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Chose 1C for my PSC-SEA flight in October. Figure I will enjoy a glass of good wine or three prior to boarding the short flight.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:55 am

Hi -

What are the flight numbers for these horrible CRJ-200 jets? One more QX thing to avoid ....
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:31 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by beckoa
...Imagine row 1 has fixed armrests, how about 8 (exit row) on OO?
Even worse

Originally Posted by cblaisd
...The exit rows are a joke in terms of any extra seat pitch.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
the best seat is a seat on a later flight not operated by this aircraft.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Flew this bird last night on the SEA Shuttle. Exit row 8 gets no love in terms of more leg room. Only saving grace is the plane got to SEA faster than the turboprop (25 min stage time).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dave1013
Flew this bird last night on the SEA Shuttle. Exit row 8 gets no love in terms of more leg room. Only saving grace is the plane got to SEA faster than the turboprop (25 min stage time).
Yay. I have 3 segments upcoming so far on this. No, I didn't book them as a CRJ... they were OO'd from QX Q400's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.