Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Old May 18, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by gaurav811
Yes,using Alaska miles there is no such limitation. But with Krsflyer and BA Avios they don't allow connections.

I eventually ended up using AA miles to book this route since AA did not have any issues ticketing a Alaska ticket with connections. It cost me 25k AA miles vs 30k Krisflyer miles.
Avios prices AS awards per segment anyways so it wouldnt matter...
Old May 26, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: free agent
People have no issues with earning AS EQM/RDM on SQs R fare right? I booked SQ PE trip yesterday and plan to credit it to AS to get that close to MVPG status.

also can someone tell me whats exactly EQM for SQ PE EWR-SIN flight? My mile calculation was little off on my AA J flights that I credit to Alaska. Thanks!
Old May 26, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by washeelers747
People have no issues with earning AS EQM/RDM on SQs R fare right? I booked SQ PE trip yesterday and plan to credit it to AS to get that close to MVPG status.

also can someone tell me whats exactly EQM for SQ PE EWR-SIN flight? My mile calculation was little off on my AA J flights that I credit to Alaska. Thanks!

Per the AS website: PremiumS, T, P, R*100%
Use Great Circle Mapper and seems it is 9534 miles O/W.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: free agent
Yeah that's what I am going with, but for some reasons, AS give me like 20ish less mile for my JFK-CUN AA J flight. Not a big deal. I am just glad that AS update award chart to reflect SQ's R fare.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Yeah that's what I am going with, but for some reasons, AS give me like 20ish less mile for my JFK-CUN AA J flight. Not a big deal. I am just glad that AS update award chart to reflect SQ's R fare.

It depends which end of the runway you depart and land on! lol I use milecalc.com. It matches with Great Circle Mapper and may be where it is extracting the data from. JFK-CUN is 1555 miles each way.

Great Circle Mapper shows the distance SEA-YLW to be 219 miles. With AS, it is posting at 220 this year but in prior years posted at 218 so probably rounding. (500 minimum EQM so inconsequential).

Looking at all my AS and Partner flights, they are all within 1 mile of Great Circle Mapper except one. My DXB-GRU-SCL direct flight (stop in GRU, same flight number to SCL) posted at 9170 miles while Great circle mapper is 9182.

It is nice that AS finally updated their charts to reflect SQ Premium Economy R class. Then along comes L....

James
washeelers747 likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Sometimes airlines also dont update the actual location of the airport. I remember reading in another forum that DEN was ~10 miles off or something at one point because they were using the old Stapleton airport vs DIA. Luckily these issues are insignificant, and you may even luck out if you fly out the other way to another destination.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
USE ALASKA miles for SQ as award

Nearly 2 years now, them promote soon SQ awards are available....... What ALASKA understands under soon ? Any idea/rumor when this will happen ?
Old May 27, 2019, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bertheike
Nearly 2 years now, them promote soon SQ awards are available....... What ALASKA understands under soon ? Any idea/rumor when this will happen ?
Any year now.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Any year now.
I like the optimism
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:46 pm

SQ did briefly show up on the award charts and then quickly vanished. Not sure when soon will be but if you are looking for any redemptions over Y, that may be never.

James
Old May 28, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
never say never

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
SQ did briefly show up on the award charts and then quickly vanished. Not sure when soon will be but if you are looking for any redemptions over Y, that may be never.

James
Or the milage needed will be double the amount as for EMIRATES premium cabin needed.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: DL DM
Hey guys - I'm mostly a DL flyer, but fly AS on occasion when my company books it. Thinking about booking a personal trip to SIN via SQ's website. ANC-SEA-SIN. Does anyone know if tickets booked though SQ, for AS metal flights will allow seat selection in advance? According to the SQ site advance seat selection is not available for the AS segments. Looks to be V and R fare buckets for the AS segments. Just want to know what I'm getting myself into before I pull the trigger. Basically, is SQ's site going to book into an AS "Saver" seat? Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Hey guys - I'm mostly a DL flyer, but fly AS on occasion when my company books it. Thinking about booking a personal trip to SIN via SQ's website. ANC-SEA-SIN. Does anyone know if tickets booked though SQ, for AS metal flights will allow seat selection in advance? According to the SQ site advance seat selection is not available for the AS segments. Looks to be V and R fare buckets for the AS segments. Just want to know what I'm getting myself into before I pull the trigger. Basically, is SQ's site going to book into an AS "Saver" seat? Thanks!
AS's Saver fares are in the X bucket, so you should be fine. SQ should be able to give you the AS confirmation code after you make a booking, though you may have to call for it, and you can use that to sign in on AS's site and select seats.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
AS's Saver fares are in the X bucket, so you should be fine. SQ should be able to give you the AS confirmation code after you make a booking, though you may have to call for it, and you can use that to sign in on AS's site and select seats.
No!, AS Saver fares booked into X are very restricted for seat selection in the back of the aircraft. If there are no Saver designated seats for selection, one is assigned at the gate.

OP: Is this a revenue or awards booking on SQ? You mention R & V fares which are not AS Saver fares. You are able to select seats on those fares but still limited to non-Premium seats and those seats not designated for full-fare tickets or for those with Elite status.

If you are booking a Krisflyer award on SQ then the AS flight would need Saver Award Space, W for Economy and A for first class.

James
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
SQ, nor any other carrier, can sell Alaska's Basic Economy (X) product, so no need to worry about it. AS also does not sell basic economy awards like DL. Its only available for revenue tickets on AS ticket stock and cannot be combined with regular (non-basic) fares. It's just a pity AS gave the basic economy product the same name as the low level awards because they are two completely different things.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.