Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Is that itinerary actually bookable? Will it ticket? I assume it's just in as a specific test case while they work out details of communicating with SQ's system.

Again, two partners on one award is generally not allowed.
Anyone willing to wager the $12.50 partner fee to find out?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
Anyone willing to wager the $12.50 partner fee to find out?
Sure, I will give it a crack!

James
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't <24 hr cancellation give you back all fees, including the $12.50? I thought that was a DOT regulation.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Doesn't <24 hr cancellation give you back all fees, including the $12.50? I thought that was a DOT regulation.
No, it doesn't. The partner fee is non-refundable even for MVPG+.

James in Capetown
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have experience with crediting a paid J flight to Alaska, but at the same time upgrading from J to F using KrisFlyer poiints? I assume this is not possible, but thought it might be useful to check with actual experiences.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by roberto.triviani
Does anyone have experience with crediting a paid J flight to Alaska, but at the same time upgrading from J to F using KrisFlyer poiints? I assume this is not possible, but thought it might be useful to check with actual experiences.
What fare class does the F upgrade book into? You should still be eligible for the paid J flight. Make sure your AS number is in reservation. If it doesn't automatically post, submit your boarding pass and receipt to AS for consideration.

James in Capetown
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you for the reply!

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
What fare class does the F upgrade book into? You should still be eligible for the paid J flight. Make sure your AS number is in reservation. If it doesn't automatically post, submit your boarding pass and receipt to AS for consideration.

James in Capetown
I will report back if I end up redeeming KrisFlyer miles for this scenario or alternatively using star alliance upgrade awards. This is new territory for me as I haven't done this before.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by roberto.triviani
close ... we flew SQ JFK-FRA and return last year, paying for PE due to a great promo fare, upgraded one direction to J using SQ miles. Credited wife's flights to her AS account, mine to a different account. She got credited the same amount for both directions, and it was more miles than we expected. She was MVPG at the time, and got 3856 base miles + 3856 bonus miles. Had I known that I probably would have credited mine to my AS account also.

Anyway you should get credit based on the fare you paid. Keep your boarding passes.

-David
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem

[...]

She was MVPG at the time, and got 3856 base miles + 3856 bonus miles. Had I known that I probably would have credited mine to my AS account also.

Anyway you should get credit based on the fare you paid. Keep your boarding passes.

-David
The additional miles was for her Elite Status. MVPG gets 100% Elite bonus on the base miles in addition to any class of service or additional bonus shown in the earning charts.

James in Somerset West
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: A3*G
Interline

Hi, I have a SQ business redemption flight from LAX to NRT. I will be based in SEA, and I am thinking of separately booking a Alaska economy flight from SEA to LAX to catch my SQ flight. Would Alaska be able to check my baggage from SEA through to NRT?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by jiaklormee
Hi, I have a SQ business redemption flight from LAX to NRT. I will be based in SEA, and I am thinking of separately booking a Alaska economy flight from SEA to LAX to catch my SQ flight. Would Alaska be able to check my baggage from SEA through to NRT?
I'd say likely yes, though since it's not on the same ticket an agent could refuse. That said, if it's two Alaska Air ticket numbers (Alaska Air redemption for SQ flights?) it should be easier.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'd say likely yes, though since it's not on the same ticket an agent could refuse. That said, if it's two Alaska Air ticket numbers (Alaska Air redemption for SQ flights?) it should be easier.
Doesn't need to be. AS has a very generous checked through policy on international tickets.

When making international connections on a separate ticket to other airlines within twelve (12) hours of arriving in the connection city, you may follow the baggage allowance and weight restrictions of the international airline - provided a ticketing and baggage agreement is in place between Alaska Airlines and the other carrier.

ETA: Yes, AS does have a baggage interline agreement with SQ. And ticketing too, since that is mentioned in the policy.

Last edited by rustykettel; Apr 28, 2019 at 9:42 am
Old May 17, 2019, 11:35 am

Connection on Alaska

Tried booking SFO-SEA-YLW round trip with Alaska using Krisflyer miles. The agent found availability but couldn't price the tickets. Came back to me next day saying that Alaska doesn't allow any transfers/stopovers and hence that ticket will cost 30k roundtrip instead of 15k. Even if the connection was only 1.5hr long it is considered as a transfer/stopover.

I thought this was true for BA Avios miles with Alaska. But sad to hear its also true for Krisflyer.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by gaurav811
Tried booking SFO-SEA-YLW round trip with Alaska using Krisflyer miles. The agent found availability but couldn't price the tickets. Came back to me next day saying that Alaska doesn't allow any transfers/stopovers and hence that ticket will cost 30k roundtrip instead of 15k. Even if the connection was only 1.5hr long it is considered as a transfer/stopover.

I thought this was true for BA Avios miles with Alaska. But sad to hear its also true for Krisflyer.
Alaska does allow transfers and stopovers in their own FF program, even on one-way awards. What agreement SQ has with AS for award redemptions with KrisFlyer Miles, I am not sure. At least you have an option to use KrisFlyer Miles for awards on Alaska. The other way around doesn't hold true.

Thanks for the datapoint.

James
Old May 17, 2019, 6:45 pm

Yes,using Alaska miles there is no such limitation. But with Krsflyer and BA Avios they don't allow connections.

I eventually ended up using AA miles to book this route since AA did not have any issues ticketing a Alaska ticket with connections. It cost me 25k AA miles vs 30k Krisflyer miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.