Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Has anyone see a SQ redemption award chart yet?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
There isn’t even an AY award chart yet, and that partnership happened months before SQ.

I hope these aren’t fake partnerships like AM...
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
There isn’t even an AY award chart yet, and that partnership happened months before SQ.

I hope these aren’t fake partnerships like AM...
AS has been a bit busy digesting VX.

Imagine once that's done, more will come.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:04 pm

Still nothing...

Last time I was told the chart should be available by Christmas. It's going into the end of the first month of 2018, and we are still getting anywhere. Not looking good.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Last time I was told the chart should be available by Christmas.
Told by whom? Just curious is all.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Told by whom? Just curious is all.
AS MVP GLD 75K Agent who seemed to have some idea of the SQ award chart development.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Last time I was told the chart should be available by Christmas. It's going into the end of the first month of 2018, and we are still getting anywhere. Not looking good.
Which Christmas?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Which Christmas?
... Christmas 2017 lol.

But in any case, it is going to be endless waiting.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Which Christmas?
2021 Obviously
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
I wouldn't be surprised if AS ends up not bothering to offer redemptions on SQ. AS is not set up to handle well the rigors of international ticketing...and SQ has more rigorous requirements than most airlines. For example, SQ demands ticket numbers within 6-12 hours on all bookings, including partner-issued redemption tickets; AS' habit of queuing many bookings for manual issue/reissue that can take up to 72 hours just won't cut it.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
AS' habit of queuing many bookings for manual issue/reissue that can take up to 72 hours just won't cut it.
I've never had a partner ticket queue. Its very uncommon for it to do so.

SQ isn't the only one in limbo.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't be surprised if AS ends up not bothering to offer redemptions on SQ. AS is not set up to handle well the rigors of international ticketing...and SQ has more rigorous requirements than most airlines. For example, SQ demands ticket numbers within 6-12 hours on all bookings, including partner-issued redemption tickets; AS' habit of queuing many bookings for manual issue/reissue that can take up to 72 hours just won't cut it.
The relationship would likely fall apart like AM did in that case. No SQ awards on AS while SQ issues AS awards (plus AS getting paid for SQ flights where AS MP folks credit SQ flights) means there will be imbalances in the relationship (AS will be getting checks from SQ when it all gets settled up). At some point SQ will be tired of writing checks.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I wouldn't be surprised if AS ends up not bothering to offer redemptions on SQ. AS is not set up to handle well the rigors of international ticketing.
I'd have thought the real problem would be lack of any redemptions on SQ anyhow. The only guaranteed AS award type (and likely the most desired) is USA to a partner's hub and surrounds. Almost all of SQ's award space (esp. in premium cabins) for partners is on intra-Asia routes. That's still usable for *A members, as you can fly NH or OZ or BR or CA (or, rarely, UA) to connect to SQ. With AS only allowing one partner per booking, there'd be no way to get from the USA to Asia to be able to use SQ anyhow, except on a separate ticket.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kremmen
I'd have thought the real problem would be lack of any redemptions on SQ anyhow. The only guaranteed AS award type (and likely the most desired) is USA to a partner's hub and surrounds. Almost all of SQ's award space (esp. in premium cabins) for partners is on intra-Asia routes. That's still usable for *A members, as you can fly NH or OZ or BR or CA (or, rarely, UA) to connect to SQ. With AS only allowing one partner per booking, there'd be no way to get from the USA to Asia to be able to use SQ anyhow, except on a separate ticket.
Lots of people redeem miles for Y. I don't see why SQ wouldn't allow Y bookings. Maybe even Y+.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
While AS no doubt has issues in this area, it's not like they can't work around it until they get their systems fixed up.

Placing SQ flights in priority in the queue might be enough to accommodate this requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.