Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by CDKing
There is always that one person who asks such a detailed question on day 1 Highly unlikely AS doesn't include the LCC counterpart of most of their partners. No Cathay Dragon, Hong Kong Airlines or Jetstar for example
Sorry KA and HX are not 'LCC counterparts' (of CX and HU) - not LCC and not counterpart either.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Sorry KA and HX are not 'LCC counterparts' (of CX and HU) - not LCC and not counterpart either.
Excuse me for using the wrong terms but can you please enlighten me to the correct terms? subsidiary,regional partner, child carrier? spin-off? redheaded step child? Regardless of how they are affiliated, Silkair operated is not going to be included just like Jetstar and Cathay Dragon are excluded from both earn and burn when it comes to AS.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Excuse me for using the wrong terms but can you please enlighten me to the correct terms? subsidiary,regional partner, child carrier? spin-off? redheaded step child? Regardless of how they are affiliated, Silkair operated is not going to be included just like Jetstar and Cathay Dragon are excluded from both earn and burn when it comes to AS.
More like affiliates. KA is the wholly subsidiary of CX. The same goes true for MI as the subsidiary of SQ.
CDKing likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:40 pm

Pretty funny seeing all the Alaska folk in here getting excited. You're in for a baptism of fire upon entering the SQ world. You should also expect Suites to be excluded.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Smile

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

The only time I redeemed for SQ F was the weekend they updated their reservation system and accidentally took the block off award classes. A nice use of USAir miles.
False, check SIN CGK
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:11 am

Hi -

I don't know what I said that was false. If you scored F Suites using non KF miles somewhere, good on you.

I am just saying the only time I was ever able to redeem non-KF miles for the product.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
False, check SIN CGK
Very limited regional routes have space, though which points are you using as an example. UA seems to only come up with TG. SIN-CGK is scheduled under 2 hrs and its not suites.

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 31, 2017 at 8:14 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
False, check SIN CGK
Very limited regional routes have space, though which points are you using as an example. UA seems to only come up with TG. SIN-CGK is scheduled under 2 hrs and its not suites.
Aeroplan (and theoretically UA can book that route but you'd have to call and YMMV x 10000 with UA agents) - but apart from that I agree, it's not Suites and it's a very short flight, but it does exist
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well... one can still have cautious optimism.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Very cool! I fly Singapore Air at least once or twice a year - will be nice to get EQMs even if the redemptions aren't all that great. I transfer my Chase UR points to KrisFlyer for booking on Singapore airlines anyway when I want to fly in J/Suites
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Rich Boykin
Very cool! I fly Singapore Air at least once or twice a year - will be nice to get EQMs even if the redemptions aren't all that great. I transfer my Chase UR points to KrisFlyer for booking on Singapore airlines anyway when I want to fly in J/Suites
The earning for flying on SQ metal looks pretty dreadful. I was looking at the fare classes of tickets on SQ for some work travel, but even flex saver fares that earn 100% on KF won't earn anything with AS.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
I'm on AS 652 PDX-DFW and Alaska Beyond already has Singapore listed as a partner and the flight map updated. That was fast...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
As an SFO/SJC based flyer who travels for work to Singapore on paid business class tickets this is great news. Now I can take the direct Singapore flight instead of routing through HK on CX. Obviously those looking for premium redemption options and mileage earning on lower priced coach tickets this is not much to get excited about. Never hurts having more options though.
osotoc likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Just got word that I need to book a flight to TYO for next week. Sad I can't get miles on SQ yet
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
As an Adelaide, Australia based AS member, this is fantastic news. Adelaide gets

Qantas
Fiji Airways
Emirates
Cathay Pacific
Singapore Airlines

Most planes that land in Adelaide are now AS members (excluding Virgin, Malaysia and Qatar).

The SQ station manager in Adelaide was up-to-date with the latest news that Alaska will be a partner. But no mention of any elite benefits airside with SQ though. I am looking forward to Adelaide-Singapore-SFO trips.

Long haul award J space out of Australia to most destinations in Asia are usually open with numerous dates to choose from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.