Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 10:51 am

interlining baggage

Not sure if anyone has asked this before, but if i am flying AS from SEA to LAX on an economy cash ticket, and then on a separate F (award) ticket to NRT, would 1) AS check my bags through and 2) give me the luggage allowance of 2x 32kg as SQ is the most significant carrier for the trip?

trying to see if i can be cheap and save on the checked bag fee on AS...
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
At the risk of just missing the obvious, it looks like SQ inventory has been pulled from Alaska.

I was looking for a seat from the US to Perth in October or November and I know that SQ is the usual partner that comes up on that route but nothing showed for the week I was looking. Then I went the week before and after; nothing. Then I checked the entire month and then November. 0. So then I checked just to SIN in October, November, and a few weeks in March and April and there are no flights showing. Did I miss a post that talks about this?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
At the risk of just missing the obvious, it looks like SQ inventory has been pulled from Alaska.

I was looking for a seat from the US to Perth in October or November and I know that SQ is the usual partner that comes up on that route but nothing showed for the week I was looking. Then I went the week before and after; nothing. Then I checked the entire month and then November. 0. So then I checked just to SIN in October, November, and a few weeks in March and April and there are no flights showing. Did I miss a post that talks about this?
It's not just SQ, it's UA as well on routes that SQ doesn't actually block from UA like SIN-HKG.

Maybe SQ is doing updates? Removing all partner award inventory? Who knows.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by TEDisgone

SQ has removed all inventory from all partners. *A and others. only Krisflyer members have access to SQ awards now.

My guess is that SQ has discovered the mistakes that it released its previously-blocked premium class inventories to partners.

It should be online after they fix the mistake.

correction: not all apparently. at least lifemiles still shows SQ awards available. BR also shows, but errors out when trying to select
mlqsko likes this.

Last edited by freed0m; Jun 16, 2020 at 10:01 pm
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:48 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Any update on SQ awards?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ned
Any update on SQ awards?
Other than you still can't book them using AS miles?

Trust me, if AS does the "we're not partners with SQ" thing like what happened with AM (where we lost ability to book awards first, then the partnership collapsed) it'll be on the blogs and FT in about 5 minutes in huge "ZOMG THE SKY IS FALLING" headlines. Not surprisingly, an airline that's losing a hundred million or so in cash every month and has to furlough a lot of employees because of COVID-19 probably isn't making fixing their award engine a priority (if it's even their fault, could just be SQ blocking). It's not like their primarily North American customer base is doing a ton of overseas travel at the moment anyway- SQ is barely serving the US right now. And frankly if you're based in Asia/Australia/wherever and your goal is to milk whatever value you can out of AS's SQ partnership, and you will never set foot on a plane with an Eskimo on the tail, AS barely cares about you in the first place.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jun 27, 2020 at 11:57 am
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
SQ has removed all inventory from all partners. *A and others. only Krisflyer members have access to SQ awards now.

My guess is that SQ has discovered the mistakes that it released its previously-blocked premium class inventories to partners.

correction: not all apparently. at least lifemiles still shows SQ awards available. BR also shows, but errors out when trying to select
Air Canada Aeroplan is still showing SQ availability. I booked a AC/SQ award today.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by freed0m

Aeroplan and Lifemiles both show space and it is bookable. ANA also shows it but per current policy ANA is preventing award reservations with SQ segments for the time being.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/refe.../tk/usage.html
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
What can I do if I have a SQ award sector left and that is now cancelled by AS? It was booked back in 2019 so I'm on a long "stopover" right now that is no longer permitted by AS. Cancelling / refunding this means 0 value as the one way is partially consumed.

Cannot rebook to another sector through end of schedule as SQ is not releasing any award availability to AS. Anyone successfully get rebooked to another AS partner in this circumstances? Or is this a real write off for me? :-(
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rownada
What can I do if I have a SQ award sector left and that is now cancelled by AS? It was booked back in 2019 so I'm on a long "stopover" right now that is no longer permitted by AS. Cancelling / refunding this means 0 value as the one way is partially consumed.

Cannot rebook to another sector through end of schedule as SQ is not releasing any award availability to AS. Anyone successfully get rebooked to another AS partner in this circumstances? Or is this a real write off for me? :-(
You can certainly call and ask (worst that happens is “no”), but AS doesn’t do multi partner awards, so you’re asking for an exception and a favour. Better have a compelling reason for a favour. If it’s some reason of “I got to fly Europe to South Asia for the cost of a South Asia award and now I want my ex-SIN leg”, that’s probably not a very compelling reason. Your odds of favours go up if you actually fly the airline, as opposed to just using it as a cheap way to fly SQ when miles are on sale.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Mileage Redemption for Singapore Airlines (SQ) have paused for the moment due to special regulation of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) as of June 15, 2020.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Looking for SIN-DPS and nothing. Any new updates? Is this partnership ending because of AS joining Oneworld?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:29 pm

See above post. SQ has removed award availability until further notice.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Actually, SQ is offering awards through KF. It's just not releasing to partners.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: Alaska
It is likely for a long time that SQ will not release seats to partners.

As the exit roadmap for Singapore out of COVID showed yesterday, travel will continue to be restricted, especially from high risk countries. It only means free transit is unlikely in any sooner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.