Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the other side of this equation - has anyone tried to redeem SQ miles on AS?

Edit: looks like someone just posted about redeeming on SQ sub-forum.. took some effort and specific search criteria with SQ call center but worked out ok...
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
I've never had a partner ticket queue. Its very uncommon for it to do so.

SQ isn't the only one in limbo.
This is my experience as well. Ticketing instantly. Only time it seems delayed is with manual/schedule changes/reissues.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I realize it says it can take up to 14 days for partner miles to post, but generally, what is the experience? I'm relatively new to AS Mileage Plan and took an SQ flight over a week ago & credited to AS, but nothing's posted as yet. I've saved my boarding pass & the receipt just in case - but was curious what other's experiences have been so far?
Have you miles post? How long did it take? My flight on Jan 5th have not posted
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by resourceful007
I flew SQ in early January as well. When the miles didn't post after 18 days, I sent my e-ticket and boarding pass in by email. The miles posted two days after that. I'm not sure if they would have posted on their own had I not emailed.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by resourceful007
I flew SQ on the 5th as well, and haven't received my miles. I'll probably send in a request next week.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Doubtful. UA has a bigger network than AS and SQ isn't any better about releasing premium award seats to UA than to any other of its partners.
To be fair, UA also has a much larger base with a much larger pool of miles to burn. Alaska is a niche carrier with a large west coast base but nationally is small potatoes to UA. And AS has a crappy credit card partner that hands out Platinum Plus credit cards to people (who applied for sig) with 750+ credit scores for no apparent reason.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:55 pm

Looks the same problem about miles not crediting happens on the other way round as well. Friend flew AS but miles didnt credit into SQ Krisflyer. Had to do a manual request.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by miuk
Looks the same problem about miles not crediting happens on the other way round as well. Friend flew AS but miles didnt credit into SQ Krisflyer. Had to do a manual request.
As a data point for anyone else crediting to SQ, I flew VX/AS in January, did not receive automatic SQ credit, submitted request mid-March and was credited for my segments on April 1st.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by qupasyd
I flew SQ in early January as well. When the miles didn't post after 18 days, I sent my e-ticket and boarding pass in by email. The miles posted two days after that. I'm not sure if they would have posted on their own had I not emailed.
No they do not, and they rarely email back afterwards.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Looks like SQ has repurposed the “R” booking class from Suites to Premium Economy. But the AS earnings chart never recognized R when it was Suites, and doesn’t list it as a mileage earning class now. Hopefully this will get fixed at some point, as there are some pretty attractive SQ PE fares ex-US right now.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milypan
Looks like SQ has repurposed the R booking class from Suites to Premium Economy. But the AS earnings chart never recognized R when it was Suites, and doesnt list it as a mileage earning class now. Hopefully this will get fixed at some point, as there are some pretty attractive SQ PE fares ex-US right now.
Unfortunately, AS EQM earnings are poor on SQ. No COS bonus in Premium nor Discount J.

I have an upcoming RTW Mileage Run on AS and partners. I could have flown DXB-NRT via SIN on SQ in J but chose EK A380 J via ICN, KE to HKG & CX to NRT, instead for the extra 25% COS. I much prefer the A380 J product with the bar over SQ J on the 777 which is a very uncomfortable and awkward hard product. (unless you can get bulkhead but blocked for KrisFlyer Elites) I have flow SIN-DXB and won't fly the route again on SQ Metal.

James
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by milypan
Looks like SQ has repurposed the R booking class from Suites to Premium Economy. But the AS earnings chart never recognized R when it was Suites, and doesnt list it as a mileage earning class now. Hopefully this will get fixed at some point, as there are some pretty attractive SQ PE fares ex-US right now.
The dates i'm looking at Its ~$100 more to rebook into P which is standard and earns 100%
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by CDKing
The dates i'm looking at Its ~$100 more to rebook into P which is standard and earns 100%
Good to know. I think P is also eligible for upgrades with KF miles, though I dont know whether Id want to do a points transfer and have them potentially get orphaned there if the upgrade doesnt clear.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I booked SingaporeAir through Concur a few days ago and kept wondering why my Alaska MP # kept auto populating.

This is awesome!
Originally Posted by 98103
Just looked in the SQ forum (to see if they're as excited), but no mention of it. The SQ website hasn't announced either. But, I did notice they were partners with VX, so makes sense if SQ was getting value from that one. Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, and Emirates were the others, so not likely any more from the merger since QF is already a partner, and Virgin Australia is in kahoots with DL.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:02 am

*Award chart available sometime in the future*
really far future
like finnair , partner since 2017, and release award redemption aug 2018 , took a year + to launch !!!
long waiting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.