Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Private Event - Earth Wind and Fire 9/14 at Chateau St. Michelle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Private Event - Earth Wind and Fire 9/14 at Chateau St. Michelle

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Speaking of which, did Alaska stop doing Gold lunches?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Haven't heard of a proper Gold Breakfast/ Lunch in years... I've heard of small events here and there, but nothing as consistent.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Last year's concert was Train and it was great. At the pre-concert reception, and I'm not sure if all attendees were invited to this, there were gift bags with very nice wine (which, unfortunately, the couple seated behind me at the concert proceeded to dump on my shirt as they jumped up and down -- fortunately, that's why there's Oxyclean).

This was no "corporate" event from my perspective. Yes, a few informal remarks at the reception, but the snacks were good and the wine excellent. Then there was the concert itself.

I didn't get an invite this year (Million Mile Flyer but just AS Gold this year), so I suspect they're rotating the guest list.
Brianblanco likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
AS stopped holding the Gold breakfasts and lunches several years ago (5 but I am guessing). At that time they said they would do a few more "targeted" meetings on a by invitation only basis. Early on there were reports of such meetings, mostly in the Seattle area, but there has been nothing reported on FT in the past 3-4 years.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
It has been years since I last attended a "gold" lunch (it was at the Dale Chihuly studio on Lake Union), I was a 75k but was sitting next to two MM'ers that each typically flew 150k-175k(!) a year on AS metal. The last event I was able to attend was at a winery in Woodinville (Ive been invited to several other events but have not been able to attend) so I was excited to be actually in town for this one . I get to 75k each year, but with almost no partner miles (I have a few tiny AA and DL regional connections from a major airport, and it will be even less partner without DL this year) When I have not been able to attend I have replied back with regrets and begged to be kept on the list - does that help? I have no clue, but I did get invited to the event last year and this year.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by ctporter
It has been years since I last attended a "gold" lunch (it was at the Dale Chihuly studio on Lake Union), I was a 75k but was sitting next to two MM'ers that each typically flew 150k-175k(!) a year on AS metal. The last event I was able to attend was at a winery in Woodinville (Ive been invited to several other events but have not been able to attend) so I was excited to be actually in town for this one . I get to 75k each year, but with almost no partner miles (I have a few tiny AA and DL regional connections from a major airport, and it will be even less partner without DL this year) When I have not been able to attend I have replied back with regrets and begged to be kept on the list - does that help? I have no clue, but I did get invited to the event last year and this year.
I think the Chihuly studio wine reception was one of the first of the "special" events that were designed to replace the Gold lunches. (I was at that one, too; excellent wine again.)

Recalling my discussions with AS execs, the Gold lunches are a thing of the past, being replaced by these special events as well as more targeted feedback sessions/focus groups as needed.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:23 am

Earth Wind and Fire invite received today

Looks like invitations to this event may be tiered/staged. I received one this morning.

As someone who attended the Train concert last year, I have to wonder if the first batch of invitations went out (perhaps to those who didn't attend or who were not invited to attend last year), then an assessment was done of remaining tickets, and then a second batch went out (to those who did attend).

At my company, we usually have three tiers of invitations to fill all available space/seats that are staged based on response to the earlier tiers.

YCMV (Your Concert May Vary)
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Seems like they're having a Maroon 5 concert on 9/28 near SJC. Definitely going after the VX folks.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Seems like they're having a Maroon 5 concert
And I thought Train was a bad choice.
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:33 pm

I got the email for the Maroon 5 tickets. Probably will go check it out...
Seattlenerd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
A free concert is a free concert.

AS should have one in ANC after all they do have a venue up here named after themselves
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Just got the Maroon 5 invite email. No idea what that is nor am I interested

Wondering if they targetted it to gold and 75k only?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by maradori

Maroon5! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by maradori

No, the MVP in our house got the invite for Maroon 5. The MVPG (me!) got nothing.

Will have to check what address they have on file for my wife. We left the Bay Area two years ago.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:03 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Adriana Spangler
Maroon5! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.