Wiki Posts
Search

AS Gates at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
AS Gates at SFO

It's been a few months since my last AS flight to SFO. IME they've always been out at the end of the A (International) concourse, but I've heard rumors they were moving elsewhere.

What groups of gates would a flight from SEA to SFO be arriving in these days? Still at the end of A (where they've been for the last few years), or elsewhere?

Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:26 am

Terminal 2 now, the Virgin America gates.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Terminal 2 now, the Virgin America gates.
Thank you.

Has baggage claim for AS also moved, or are they still in that odd room (outside the security exit from A gates) one level down, near the exit doors to the taxi stand?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
In all our years flying into, out of, and through SFO, mainly on UA and the last couple of years on AS, I don't think we ever set foot in Terminal 2 until a quick trip there this past week. There's that illusion of thinking you "know" an airport, even though you're actually only traversing one section of it.

We were quite impressed with the Admirals Club. It was virtually deserted Saturday (yesterday) and the employees were particularly hospitable to our two young granddaughters. ^
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Thank you.

Has baggage claim for AS also moved, or are they still in that odd room (outside the security exit from A gates) one level down, near the exit doors to the taxi stand?
If your flight arrives into T2, your bags will be in the T2 baggage claim (to the left when you come down the escalator).

Aside—AS has also moved PDX flights over to T2 in addition to SEA flights.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by sutrosam
If your flight arrives into T2, your bags will be in the T2 baggage claim (to the left when you come down the escalator).

Aside—AS has also moved PDX flights over to T2 in addition to SEA flights.
*Not all PDX flights. Continuing flights from Mexico still in Int'l (at least 223 from PVR last week)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
AS at T2

Originally Posted by Fredd
In all our years flying into, out of, and through SFO, mainly on UA and the last couple of years on AS, I don't think we ever set foot in Terminal 2 until a quick trip there this past week. There's that illusion of thinking you "know" an airport, even though you're actually only traversing one section of it. ^
I use SFO a lot, and think T2 was closed for several years for an overhaul. Looks shiny new.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA1K
AS still has some flights that arrive into A

the last few weeks ive been doing SFO-SNA. one flight was a bus gate and the other an actual gate in T2.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:43 pm

223 still in Int'l A every day https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA223. Hoping that continues; with PP I'll lose lounge access when they fully move to T2.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by akdancer
I use SFO a lot, and think T2 was closed for several years for an overhaul. Looks shiny new.
It looked great on a quiet Saturday, not to mention the Admirals Club. We do like the Cathay Lounge in International, especially when food is out for a CX flight, but the AA Lounge isn't bad at all.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
At least in the Virgin terminal we have access to the Admirals Club. Hopefully we can access the AA lounge when flying on VX out of SFO....
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
At least in the Virgin terminal we have access to the Admirals Club. Hopefully we can access the AA lounge when flying on VX out of SFO....
Nope, and no reciprocal Alaska Lounge access for Admirals Club members when flying VX either.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by haddon90
AS still has some flights that arrive into A

the last few weeks ive been doing SFO-SNA. one flight was a bus gate and the other an actual gate in T2.
Flew SFO-SNA (operated by SkyWest) at the T2 bus gate last night (gate 59B). Curious as to why Alaska would bother boarding those who need assistance, then priority, etc. ... when everyone ends up on the same bus, anyway? Many who were first to board the bus were actually last off the bus and last onto the aircraft.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:02 pm

Used the Intl terminal for my SFO-PDX flight this week. WARNING: if you are checking your luggage they don't seem to be fully staffed in the intl terminal. At least when I checked in they had serious lines and seemed to be using a non-Alaska contract employee working the First Class/MVP line - or so it seemed. The guy didn't seem able to do anything without asking for help ("the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 6")
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: AS, HH, UA, IHG
There were 3 AS and 1 VX planes parked at the A gates Wednesday. About the same number I saw parked at T2 as we taxied by.
Red wine selection in the AF lounge was pretty good, not so much for the bubbly stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.