Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska MVP Gold Upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by ashill

I don’t get emails about upgrades (at least not that I notice!), but I think upgrades can be seen in the reservation pretty much immediately. So if you check your reservation online, what does it show?
It says waitlisted and no change at 48hr mark.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
There are a lot of Elites in SEA and LAS is a popular destination.
Especially popular on the weekends. Not at all surprising that 9 F would disappear at the Gold window.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Each and everytime I get an upgrade I receive an email notifying me that I have been upgraded. I take that opportunity to select my seat via the App.
Hmm. Checking my email, I’ve gotten one email about a premium class upgrade being confirmed but never one about a first class upgrade being confirmed. I probably either set a preference on alaskaair.com or configured an email filter to not get those emails. I don’t remember doing so, but I don’t want the email so I may well have!

Originally Posted by shand32783

Then it seems likely that there was some combination of sales of F and people ahead of you (75Ks and/or Golds in higher fare classes) got upgrades at T-72. But I doubt anyone has access to that information and is willing to post it here.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shand32783
If you are upgraded, you will get an email confirmation. If it doesn't happen before T-1 you could still be upgraded at the gate. When I was an MVP I have been upgraded at T-48 and also while sitting in Y on the plane. As an MVPG75K I have been #1 on the upgrade list and it didn't clear. At T-24 when you check-in you will be able to see where you are on the upgrade list. If you want to PM me your flight details, I can check availability for you on Expert Flyer.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.